Rugrats

Anyone remember that show. Hands down one of Nick’s best shows and wish they still had it. It is better then any of There cartoons today cause Spongebob is going downhill and Avatar ended. I heard rumers of a possible 20th annivery special for 2011. Anyone thinks it’s true?

Wow, has it been premiered that long ago? :open_mouth:

I remember watching it in the late 90s as a kid. I remember playing the opening theme in slow-motion through the diaper-falling shot to see if Tommy just did a ‘Full Monty’ (He doesn’t). 8D

Man, I hated Angelica, but I guess the producers were successful then, in creating such a despicable rascal (Did anyone find it weird she had such extensive vocabulary for a 3-year old?). My favourite character was Tommy, but I also rooted for Chuckie the nerd sometimes. The twins and Susie were okay. Kimi was adorable. I didn’t dig Dill because she kept causing trouble in the first two movies and was just plain annoying.

I also watched all three movies (Rugrats The Movie, Rugrats in Paris, and Rugrats meets Wild Thornberries). Paris was my favourite cos’ of the epic robo-raptor destruction finale, and the ‘Oui, oui’ pun (They thought it meant ‘wee-wee’, geddit? Ha. Ha. Ha.).

Played the ‘Rugrats Adventure Game’ on CD-Rom, and it was probably my first taste of click-and-explore puzzle games. Also tried out the ‘Rugrats go Paris’ PSOne game and gave up (the learning curve was steep, how’d you expect kids to know the rules of mini-golf?).

But yeah, it was my fave show when I was a ten year old. I would always watch it on TV or get my bro to record it on VCR.

I heard they got a teen-version, but I never watched it. I don’t know whether it’s good, but it’s weird to see them ‘all growned-up’.

Awesome show, and an illuminating perspective on the world from a baby’s point of view. :slight_smile: Oh, and I found out the meaning of the title a few years later…

The first Rugrats Christmas episode, “The Santa Experience,” is one of my favorite Christmas shows ever. The Tommy/Chuckie catching Santa plot is OK, but the whole story arc with Angelica is just brilliant, as she pulls a trick on Phil & Lil, then finds out that bad kids get nothing but coal from Santa, and spends the rest of the story trying to put things right. I remember watching the regular episodes up to this point thinking, Gee, Angelica’s just horrible! Then, in the Christmas show, we meet her mother for the first time and suddenly, it all makes sense! :wink: And the final punchline is priceless: “Angelica… is that a lump of coal?”

Rugrats is the best show Nickelodeon has ever made and will always be the best!

Dil is a he.

My bad.

Even when I was little, I always enjoyed the adult characters so much more than the actual Rugrats. When I got older, I realized that it was because they were so much like my own family.

BEST SHOW EVER

This show was beyond amazing! I can remember always wishing I was one of their Gang and that I could go on all their amazing adventures. It was just such a beautiful show. I really want to purchase it on DVD, along with The Wild Thornberries, Hey Arnold, and Rocket Power. 90s Nickelodeon produced such wonderful work that I will for ever cherish.

In fact, just last week two friends and I discussed our love for Rugrats during math class… We all agreed that w/o these babies, we would know nothing about Hanaka. I know this to be especialy true for me.

I miss being 7 when these shows were at their prominence

haha, how weird! Me and my friends were talking about Rugrats today! Then I get online to find that there’s a new thread about it :laughing:

I used to absolutely adore this show. I still do. It was great. I swear I used to run around the house and tell people that Rugrats was on TV to see who wanted to watch with me. This show was incredible to me! Next to the old episodes of Spongebob, this had to be my favorite cartoon evar!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I loved Rugrats before the Kimmi times.
Chuckie and Angelica were always my favorites of that time.
I loved the Rugrat films the best.
Rugrats AG was a pretty fun show too.
I liked Tommy better as a teen.
Also, liked Tommy and Chuckie’s friendship.
One of my parts of the show.

Gosh, it does seem like such a long time ago that Rugrats and its movies were released…I do remember going to see one of the movies in the cinema when it first came out, though I can’t remember which one.

It’s definitely still one of the best children’s TV shows out there, no doubt. Great ideas, great humour, great characters…There’s not much of this sort of quality out there nowadays.

YES! I watch episodes on youtube all the time. i really loved this show (and still do,its a shame they had to ruin it with all grown up :imp: )

This was my personal favorite Nicktoon from my childhood. I haven’t watched many episodes on Netflix, but I think it’s still pretty good, though perhaps not as awesome as I remember.

I also really liked The Rugrats Movie (first one) when it came out.

I don’t think so :frowning:

I recently saw this on TV, there was a marathon. My favorite character is the dad, Stu. But watching 4 episodes in a row made me realize that this show easily has the worse parents in Saturday morning cartoons. How many times do they manage to loose their children? :laughing:

And it only got worse as the series progressed. I mean, look at how idiotic the babies’ parents were in Rugrats in Paris.

Haha thats true! And remember when the babies got lost in the jungle and Nigel Thornberry was involved somehow?

Yeah, I think that was Rugrats Gone Wild!? It was a long time ago, but I have a vague memory of it.

Yeah, I believe that was it. Remember those scratch-and-sniff things they gave out for this movie?

Fun fact: John Waters actually sued Nickelodean for the ues of the scratch and sniff cards, claiming that he had a copyright on them from when he used them for his film “Polyester”.