Sid In TS3?

Woah, I really dig his adult look.
Is this concept art or an actual still from the movie?

I believe that’s a still from the film -Omar

:astonished: I love the pic, he looks so happy hehe!

Aww! He looks adorable! xD Makes me want to put on headphones and sing :3

hi guys !!! How do you know that that picture is sid?? It could be anyone ??

It said it in the Toy Story 3: The Essential Guide.

It doesn’t actually say it, but he has his shirt, and the shirt can also be seen in the storybook. Plus Lee said Sid would be in it, and the shirt is pretty much a giveaway.

HAHA And there’s Woody, I hope he sees him again and freaks out :laughing:

This was requested by Dinoco. It’s a scan of Lotso getting his comeupance from Sid in the Official Movie Magazine for Toy Story 3. I didn’t use spoilers for this because it’s actually different in the film [spoil](Sid helps Andy’s toys get home but it’s a different guy that straps Lotso).[/spoil]

Thanks. Even if Sid did have a Lotso, wouldn’t we have seen it (or part of it)?

Yeah, I didn’t get that either when reading it. We do know in the original film that there was a stuffed bear at Hannah’s tea party that was beheaded (obviously by Sid) so if he did ever have a Lotso then it must have been one of the toys that he would torture and take apart on a regular basis. Perhaps that line is why they changed it to someone else.

Since Lotso was in the planning process since the original Toy Story, I figured they’d slip him in somehow (Molly’s pink Teddy Bear had me convinced), but Lee Unkrich denies it. And the way he describes Lotso, he sounds like it’s from fond memories and he really liked it. Another indictor that it’s not Sid!

That was indeed Sid in Toy Story 3, but he wasnt the one who put Lotso on the truck. Dont know why this is still a debate?

No, there was a different guy in the movie. We’re just wondering why Sid is the Lotso-lover in this comic.

My apologies. I wonder that too actually. I actually wonder if it was originally Sid, but they changed it late in the game to be it his co-worker who ties up lotso since Sid was supposed to be “reformed” and maybe they lost sight of that.

If its Sid, there may be something to it- remember his “I want to ride the pony” line while he’s asleep in TS; perhaps he had a Lotso, and loved it (and riding ponies) but something changed - perhaps the birth of Hannah. Who knows? Its all speculation. -Omar

I think it used to be Sid, then it dawned on them that it felt too contrived and changed it.

I like how the very last listing in the credits for the cast is

Sid:
Erik von Detten

It probably is there to make people who didn’t know about it go “What?”

LOL Sid was so funny in TS3 xD

I was a little confused about the [spoil]Lotso lover too! I also read that comic and assumed it would be Sid, but when the scene came up I thought… “Wasn’t Sid a bit thinner?”[/spoil]

I’m glad that they changed it though!

And the cameo cracked me right up xD Sid’s adorable, whodda thunk?