Slightly embarrassing discussion: kids/babies in WALL-E

Ah yeah well that seems plausible.

we will appoint a scientist specially for the babies as wall -e is a robot “it” has no potential to produce one.

just a tought but dont you think that maybe the babies in the axiom are actually clones? think about it , we never see the babys interacting with their parents so maybe the robots just take dna from people and modify it so the new generation of babies is able to live longer, that would explain why the captains of the axiom lasted so long

Actually, the real reason that the people lived for so long is because they’ve lived for so long in Microgravity, and since Microgravity is fake gravity, and gravity is a determining factor for age (yet they tend to track time normally as if on Earth), people are able to live longer in a artificial gravity. i would imagine something as extracting DnA could be in the works since the Humans are too lazy to do the, um, work, theirselves!

It figures.

I was going to say that’s so unnatural! But then again so is living in giant spaceships lightyears from Earth.

And having robots that at any point could go against their directive. Good thing something like I, Robot didn’t happen!

That movie really scared me!

still a great movie however.

But, anywho, back to the point. Since robots don’t have their own reproductive hardware, persay, i guess the humans would have to build one for them, but then it would be more like an adopted child and not one bred out of both the wires of Wall-E and EVE. Still, I wouldn’t suggest that E-RIC wall-e/eve mix a match!

Hmm… lots of interesting ideas here! I have to admit, the whole children thing bothered me when I first saw WALL-E…

I think that DNA is taken from all of the men and women on the ship, and the children are created artificially, in a lab. This would allow the ship to control the birthrate and prevent overpopulation. The parents probably wouldn’t know if they had a biological child or not. This is also why there is such a large emphasis on lack of communication between the passengers- it would be dangerous for too many couples to add to the population. Also, that way the robots could make sure that the children were being raised the “right” way, and wouldn’t cause problems as adults.

The dating service idea is good too. The ship could matchmake couples before they got to meet in the flesh and potentially have children!

Weird theory: maybe there is some technology that prevents people on the Axiom never to age, and the babies that were on the ship are babies when they came from Earth.

Vincent Liu: That’s a really good theory, but then again, why is there a successive line of captains? (Reardon, Fee, Thompson, Brace, O’Brien, McCrea)

And welcome to Pixar Planet! :smiley: Hope you like it here!

Maybe the line of captains didn’t die out and just retired after a set amount of years, maybe they’re still on the ship somewhere?

It’s a cool theory.

Well, when the AXIOM first left, people thought it was just going too be a normal five year cruise. People would have been the normal weight, and they wouldn’t have a need for robots like that. They wouldn’t have been put on the AXIOM in the first place.