Sofia the First

Am I the only one who’s a fan of this show on this site?

I wouldn’t call myself a fan per se, but my sister is! I need to get her a Sofia doll for her birthday.

I want a Cedric doll; he’s the most interesting character in the show.

I saw a Sofia doll with 3 dresses and a few accessories. It was awesome. And she was 5", so she would be in scale to the other princesses too! They make Amber too, don’t know about Cedric.

Yeah, Disney seems to have some prejudice with him because he’s “the villain”. :unamused:

I’m sure Disney Store will make him eventually.

This video pretty much sums up Cedric’s character:
[url]- YouTube

Might surprise some people, but I love Sofia The First! I know it’s supposed to be a preschool show, but Disney has outdone itself with the storytelling on this show! And I know good storytelling when I see it! I think they do a wonderful job, and Sofia is a darling character (Cedric and Clover are probably my second faves tied). It’s definitely going above and beyond for what’s typical of a preschool show, and for that I continue to find reasons to love Disney! :slight_smile:

I agree, I’m surprised how good the stores are. That said I hate the animation, but that doesn’t make it bad.

The animation doesn’t bother me THAT much. I understand why they did it; its less time consuming and less expensive than cel animation, though it looks like their traditional 2D enough (I know, its not totally 2D, but I can handle it).

Interstingly, the animation never really bothered me, though I’m aware that it could be better. But most CG made-for-TV shows have difficulty with that. But the show’s good enough that it doesn’t deter me from watching it.

Doesn’t bother me either.

For me I mostly watch the show for Cedric (am I the only one who thinks he’s kinda sexy?).

^Cedric is definitely an awesome character; he keeps the Disney Villain thing without being a “scary” villain and has a very compelling backstory. For that, one of my very favorite episodes is still Cedric’s Apprentice.

I like that they’ve made him such a complex character for someone on a Disney Junior show; you don’t usually see that kind of complexity in their shows.

That’s very true. I think STF has some of the best-developed characters of any Disney Junior show in general. I mean, I watch Jake and The Neverland Pirates on the occasion, but the best and most interesting and entertaining character on the show is Captain Hook, and again, he’s the villain character! I guess that’s because he’s from a Disney movie already and has a lot of background, but I would sure like to see more DJ shows with well-rounded, interesting characters as a whole instead of having that one character in each that makes me laugh or keeps me intrigued.

And I also like Sofia. Why? Because she’s really nice. I know that sounds odd since being nice is quite common for Disney princesses, but given that she’s seven years old, an age in which kids can be especially cruel, its kind of refreshing.

I always say, specifically to all the role model and animated character talk that kindness is under rated. If someone was describing me, I would hope to be called nice. People are too interested in being a smart-mouth who doesn’t need a man(which has nothing to do with internal strength. In my opinion, if you truly love someone, male or female, you DO need them!). Kindness is something the world today has all too little of.

^ I would call you nice from what I know of you. To be honest, I think that’s why some people (not me) were disappointed with Brave. Not to get too OT, but my understanding was they expected a gung-ho tough princess with no interest in any man and who could kill all the bears in the forest. 100% confidence. Actually though, I thought the movie was more than that (which some saw as less) because she was strong, but it was more that she didn’t want people forcing her to make decisions. She was more vulnerable and her main concern was keeping together a family she could love and agree with. She was much, much nicer than I expected. She was more human, and a good one at that. So I guess that’s supposed to disappoint?

True, kindness is underrated today. I think rebellion is the preferred action, which I hate in basically any situation. So if that means accepting disrespectful behavior at times, sure go ahead, we welcome it - Yuck. Where’s the discipline these days?

I agree! From the trailers and all the hype I knew I would be disgusted with Merida. She had her bratty moments, as do all characters. But I was surprised at the fact that I did like her, and didn’t find her as smart-mouthed and bad-a$$ as I expected. Personally I like snow White infinitely better than let’s say Tiana, because she’s nice. She really cares about other people. And the fact that people these days call this weak or undeveloped is disgusting to me. I think they tried to play Merida up as this butt kicking action hero like Angelina Jolie in Salt with the trailers and promos. But I love the Merida in the movie. She’s a tomboy, but still very female, very human and she DOES care about her family.

I will give you points on mentioning Snow White. She IS really nice and she did have to become a mother to the seven dwarves, and like the Nostalgia Critic said, anyone who says being a mother was easy has obviously never been one.

Anyways back to the show. When I first watched Sofia the First, I thought I was going to be annoyed by Clover (a rabbit voiced by Wayne Brady with a food addiction?), but he’s slowly starting to grow on me and its nice to see that he and Sofia are actually friends instead of just Clover bribing Sofia to give him food.