South Park

Look on the bright side though, the lion got resurrected by Santa, and the satanic woodland animals got what was coming to them.

Has anyone ever seen the episode Kenny Dies? quite a sad epiosde yet one of my favorite.

Oh yes, that was definitely a very sad episode. What I don’t understand though is how everyone took his death really seriously in that episode while they pretty much just forgot about it in most other episodes.

Geoff: Haha, that is true! Mountain Lions rock

Pixarfan: Ah, yes that is a good one. Kenny ftw

Has anybody seen the trilogy of episodes about a meteor shower that each take place from someone else’s point view?

Yes I have! It’s crazy how different everyone’s night was!

Sure is. Cartman’s night was really crazy, with how his babysitter was inviting her boyfriend ever and then he invited his band over.

Also, I got Season 3 today. :slight_smile:

Sweetness!!!

So, question guys. What was the first South Park episode you watched and when?

I remember watching the episode where Stan has a dance off with some kids from Orange County. I think I was like 13. I’ve liked the show ever since!

Well as far as I know, the first episode I watched was The Tooth Fairy Tats 2000 on TV when I was about 6, or Conjoined Fetus Lady on an old VHS. I know, I was WAY too young to watching it back then. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol that’s awesome Geoff! I think if I watched the show that young, I’d be frightened!

I actually remember my Dad and I were at a friends house and there was a poster for the South Park movie on the wall. I think I was 7. My dad showed me the picture and told me I not to ever watch that show until I was a grownup 8D

I think he was right to as well, lol. As for me, I’d only seen like 5 episodes back when I was younger. I actually think I should have became a fan of the show earlier when I was too busy with Family Guy, and now I can see why many people prefer South Park, because it’s definitely funnier.

Family Guy is still a pretty funny show which I’m also a big fan of, but I’d definitely pick South Park over it. Speaking of Family Guy, has anyone seen the Cartoon Wars episodes?

I think the first episode I watched was Death. I remember I wanted to see the movie but mom woulden’t let me. I was 8 at the time my older brother saw it when he was 12 with his friend who was like 16 or so.

I don’t like Family Guy at all, I and loved, loved, loved the Cartoons Wars episodes. I like they parody of Family Guy, and Cartmen’s determination, and Bart’s cameo. 8D

Interesting story actually:

Ever since I was little I was a bit afraid of South Park. I had no idea what it was, (I didn’t even know it was supposed to be funny), but all I knew was that it was “bad.” I think I was twelve or possibly thirteen when I saw my first episode. It was Fun with Weapons. Personally, I found it mean-spirited and very shocking (it had Cartman’s penis afterall). Sure that was a very strong episode, but I assumed all the episodes were like that. A year later all my friends were talking about it, and I was intrigued. I’ve seen clips before, and I’ve heard of things that came from it (fishsticks, Avatar-smurfs, etc.) and for some reason I very much wanted to watch Guitar Queer-O. There was no particular reason why, and after watching it I didn’t think it was that great, but it was enough to convince me to watch a few more episodes.

Ever since then I’ve been hooked on the show. For some reason I still find Fun with Weapons to be a rather unpleasant episode (maybe it’s because I like Butters), but I forgave it. The thing I like best about the show is that since they “did” almost everything, one can use a South Park episode as an alternate view to almost anything. For example, I’m reading Lord of the Flies, and it so happens that SP has done an entire episode devoted to spoofing the story. I can’t wait to watch it.

Chuckles: Haha nice story! Yeah a lot of episodes are scary to watch for the first time, that one included. I’m pretty sure that’s the one with the animal clinic where they put down dogs for no reason. And poor Butters! I always feel sorry for him, he’s one of my favorites too.

I can generally understand why. I personally think it’s a great show, but it is a bit repetitive in terms of cutaways and overused gags, especially in newer episodes.

I’m strange, because I like American Dad but not Familiy Guy. I think it’s because I like the setting and characters better in American dad, and there is a lot less as you said cutaways to random stuff that Cartmen would say ‘Is unrelated to the plot’.

Can’t wait for season 15.

Same here! I can’t wait to see what other exciting episodes they’ll come up with.

I actually agree there. I find American Dad to be a better show because of more intelligent humor and less pointless cutaways. In case you didn’t know, Family Guy actually used to be alot funnier when it first started. The first 3 seasons are still have cutaways, but they’re not as overused as they are in recent episodes and overall, it’s just alot funnier.

But after the show came back for a fourth season after being cancelled, they just seemed to forget what made the show funny.