Spambots

I think they do need to make more Globle Mods. Star said he won’t be on as much so spammers got more os a chance od spamming. I tihnk a couple mods should be made into globle mods and a couple od reguler members be made into mods.

Pixarfan makes a good point. I think a couple of the current mods should be made into global mods. It should be more easier to get rid of the spammers with TSS and TDIT gone.

someone should contact Philleas or another admin.

I’ve already presented that idea to Phileas a long time ago. We don’t need any more mods, we just need more mods who can ban. :wink:

Phileas promised some mods an “upgrade”, but has been busy and I hate to bother him all the time, since he is a busy person and has a life and can’t always attend to us immediately.

However, with the spammers becoming this thick, I think I will probably have to continually bring it up with him lest he forgets that it’s a real issue.

little chef

How ironic. A spammer on the spambots topic. :-| :-\

Yes, how ironic is that. 8D

Now all’s we need is a troll on a troll topic. We don’t really get trolls I think.

Oh, I’d say we have a troll problem. We have one resident troll at the moment.

I think that too, Virginia.

It’s just difficult to prove it’s a troll 8D

The funny thing is, I’m 99% true we’re talking about the same creep. 8D But yes, it is hard. Because some times(rarely) the stuff he says almost makes sense and doesn’t sound like unintelligible bi*tching.

There was a problem with trolls on a website I used to go on :angry: I don’t even know why they do it :imp:

Yes, I suspect we’re talking about the same thing.

I say just keep an eye on them for know. If they so more report them.

There arn’t many spammers anymore. Back in September there were like 5 a day. I hope I just didn’t jinx the site.

Hi everyone, I realize we just had a major flood of spambot activity and for that, I sincerely apologize. It looks like I’m one of the only mods that ever returns to check on things every so often, and there’s a lot going on in my life so I’m not able to tend to the site like I used to. This last wave of spam was pretty bad and I did see that some of you had reported some of the threads, but there really were a ton of them.

So, on behalf of the Pixar Planet moderators, I sincerely apologize for not keeping up with making sure the boards are as spam-free as possible. I believe I’ve cleaned up all of it and have blocked the spambot usernames and IPs. If you see any other questionable activity or boards/posts, please feel free to contact me. :wink:

Thanks, and happy posting!

little chef

This forum has more spam than a Monty Python sketch, and I want someone to put a stop to it ASAP!

Wow, I haven’t posted here in years. Really sad to see it’s been overrun with nauseating spambots.

Maybe it’s time to put this forum out of it’s misery. Shame, I used to really like it here.

Please don’t shut down this forum. :cry: I just want the moderators to come as soon as they can and get rid of all this spam.

They have ALOT to clear up, that’s for sure.

I mean, I’d like to see this forum become active again like the good old days, but with all these spammers messing up the place, that seems unlikely right now.

I wish I were an admin so I could get rid of all the spam. But there’s too much for one person to handle. I need all the moderators to pitch in and help out as soon as they can.

New user here…I’ve been browsing as a guest for quite some time now and I gotta say, that this massive spam problem we’re seeing before us has gotten way too far out of hand!

So bad, in fact, that I cannot even go into that main introduction thread without seeing a ton of those kinds of pages filled with nothing but that!

I may have already reported the two posts containing unsolicited advertising links above my first post here, but I can’t tackle this alone. All we can do is work together to try and hopefully get the attention of any moderators still around…

Oh, and my username is actually a reference to the 3 newer Pixar originals which don’t even have their own Feature Film subsections yet – as well as another reference to the year in which the Disney Plus streaming service (including its exclusive Pixar content) was first launched. I know there’s also a thread about usernames, but I’m worried the spambots may have gotten in there too!

If only the actual discussions from legit users such as myself would rule these boards again…then maybe someday we will start to see many more threads about Coco, Onward, and Soul; maybe Luca, Turning Red, and Lightyear since they’re all coming up; and also the Disney Plus originals from the Pixar section of the platform like Forky Asks A Question and the SparkShorts; so many more but I won’t name them all right away.

To quote Anger from Inside Out: “Time to take action!”