Spambots

There are a little less but yeah, some still do show up. But we’re waiting for them.

I don’t want to say this as an insult, but do they use A Bug’s Life as their scapegoat as fake members?

I hope my “flag post” has helped, i’m getting the feeling that that actually got on someone’s nerves, specifically, a moderators!

Maybee their life’s so dull it’s the same as a bug’s when someone is around.

Hehe maybe it’s a geeky joke you know like a “bug” in the code? :wink: Getting in the way and causing trouble!

I think we can listen to Hopper on how to deal with spambots:

[spoil]“Squish 'em.”[/spoil] 8D

It could be a coincidence. Or maybe (and this is just a theory) that the spambots needed to choose a movie as their favorite Pixar movie before they can register. And A Bugs Life is probably on the top of the list (going in alphabetical order). So they just pick it and boom, they signed on.

I really don’t like these spammers. We have a nice happy little place, and then THEY come :smiley: Anyways, thank you guys for doing all this! I’m a minority, but I don’t really remember the whole signing up process at all so I can’t say it was hard, but thanks for changing it and still keeping them spammers out! You guys do so much :smiley:

There are spamers everywhere. On Youtube their say thing’s like “on Dec 12 1946 a girl named Hailey Summer got killed by her friend’s, now she doesn’t trust anyone, if you don’t post this to 5 other video’s, you will die at 3:00 AM.” Or they saw check out my channel to win something, they also make account’s, abandon them, and never use it again just so you can’t have it.

Hahaha, that’s perfect!

Evidence of the ABL fiasco!

Evidence, muahahaha. Now we can nab 'em :smiley: Actually, I looked at one and it wasn’t A Bug’s Life, but I wasn’t sure if they were a spammer or not, so who knows :smiley:

It’d be funny if a spammer posted on this thread. 8D

I have no idea how that got into my head. I must be tired.

Or if a spammer made another post about spammers.

Hahaha, that’d be pretty funny!

The recent spammer probleam is annoying. It seem’s msot of the new members are spammers. They post on every thread. Wish they would go away.

All I can do at this point is apologize. We’re well aware of the increase of spambots, and it’s just as frustrating to us as it is to you guys - even more so for us, since we’re the ones having to chase them down and clean up after them all the time. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve presented an idea to help eliminate their presence on the boards to Phileas, but he hasn’t responded to me in regards to that matter yet.

We simply ask that you as members are patient with us, as we can only do so much to control the spambots at this time.

little chef

It’s okat, you guys are doing your best. Wish their was a way to get rid of them and make this site a better place.

Thanks for the support guys. We know spammers are a bigger problem to Pixar Planet now than it has been in the last few years. But we’ll find a way.

Those Spambots have been pretty irritating as of late. I know the mods are trying the best they can but I hope something can be worked out soon.

Same here Ballboi. The mods are doing a fine job reporting them, but it’s hard being the only force to ban them. We’ll have a better solution in due time.