Squishy

A few random questions about Squishy:

1. Are jellyfish really that small? If so, how long do they stay that way?
  2. What was he doig out in the middle of the ocean without his parents?
  3. How do you spell Squishy? Squishie? Squishee? :confused:

Lol, cool questions! :laughing:

1. As far as I’m aware, Squishy is a baby jellyfish, so yes, I guess when they’re just babies, jellyfish are that small. As for how long they stay that small, I’m not sure, but apparently the average lifespan of a jellyfish is six to eight months, which really isn’t that long.

2. Well, wasn’t Squishy with the other jellyfish? Forgive me if I’m wrong- I haven’t watched Finding Nemo for a long time. I just remember Dory with Squishy, and then a few moments after Marlin realises that they’re right in the middle of a large group of jellyfish.

3. Probably Squishy. :smiley:

Edumacation! Yay!

I doubt Squishy was one of these since it was hanging out with the larger ones. But this little dude is the smallest, and deadliest! Dory could have made friends with one of these too I guess, since they were in the same neighborhood (sorta).

Well I’m not sure how to answer the first one, but I think Squishy’s (spelled that way, because that’s how it’s spelled on my soundtrack) parents were in the mix of larger jellies that were hanging nearby. There were lots of them. Squishy’s parents must have been in there somewhere.

For number 3, you should activate subtitles.

lizardgirl: 6 to 8 months? That’s quite a sting.
He wasn’t exactly with the other jellyfish, but he could’ve been. :confused:
Thought so. LOL
Haunt: xD
LL9: Squishy’s mentioned on the soundtrack? Man, I’m not the Pixar fan I thought I was

RMSH: I don’t know who writes the subtitles for the Pixar DVDs, but I know he/she isn’t very careful. Like on my Cars DVD, the lyrics to Real Gone were, “I’m American made, but I like Chevrolet”, but the real lyrics are “I’m American made; Bud Light, Chevrolet”. But maybe the Finding Nemo subtitles are better than the Cars ones. I’ll check the subtitles soon, unless you kow what they say, in which case, what do they say?

C’mon, A113, think about Cars and it’s target home video audience
 And that’s why.

Exactly my point. Not respecting Pixar’s true film, whoever’s typing those subtitles.

My girlfriend and I fell in love with Squishy. We kept on saying that name for about some time. She says it so cute. BUt for a little jellyfish, it must pack some big sting.

Yep, one of the tracks is called Squishy.

TSS: It’s amazing how some people totally love the very minor characters. :laughing:
LL9: Wow. I can’t believe Squishy got so popular. xD

You can say that again A113.

It’s the minor characters that should be taken into notice, as they have very little screentime in their respective films.

However, I for one did not take “Squishy” into notice
 :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, I guess. that is the music that’s playing when Dory finds him (her?)

"I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine. And he shall be ‘my squishy.’

When I heard that line, all I could think of was my friend Donna. There were several times (in a good way) that she reminded me of Dory. That summer (we were still studying animation), she got the Mcdonald’s Dory toy, and carried her around all summer. I also got her a Dory keychain and a miniature jellyfish when I went to the Shedd Aquarium. It wasn’t as small as ‘squishy,’ but it seemed perfect.

LOL gotta love that Shedd Aquarium gift shop. :laughing:

Wow, now I want to go back there. I was at the Shedd aquarium about 2 years ago and I dont remember seeing any Nemo stuff in the giftshop

lennon,

The little jellyfish wasn’t a ‘Nemo’ product. I just said it reminded me so much of ‘squishy’ that I had to buy it for my friend.

I was there 2 years ago, too! :astonished: When were you there? I was there in June 2006, I think. And no, I didn’t see any FN stuff there, either. :confused:

I was there in August 2006. I remember I couldnt take myself away from the clownfish tank. My brother took a picture of one with his phone for me. :slight_smile: