Sweet Treats!

I agree with everyone else that these are very cool! Technically speaking they’re also clean, simple, clear shots. Yes, I love the Spork one, but I also really like the Axiom one and the BnL Super Center one

Thanks guys. :smiley:

thedriveintheatre - Dr. Evil, yeah! Both Shelby and Dr. Evil are a bit inept at their jobs, so they are similar in that way, not to mention the “finger quotes” they both seem to be fond of. The parkins lightbulb is taken from the behind-the-scenes featurette about the recording of the WALL•E soundtrack/score. At the beginning of that extra they show the recording light, and that’s it. I think someone drew a face on it. Yeah, I’d love it if you were to use that winking WALL•E, sure. Thanks for asking. That is from an alternative storyreel sequence. And I want that PR-T rice cooker you have! Thanks for the feedback! =)

Terrific work there, Rachel! My favorite is definitely the spork one. (P.S. the spork is a round dinglehopper! LOL Sorry if that was lame; I couldn’t resist. Classic Disney taking over my mind.)
Anyway, I like how most of the signatures this time look like eye-catching BNL ads. They look cool.
Oh, and about the avvies, they’re lovable shots! I never noticed the lightbulb with the drawn face on it!

Awesome graphics!!!

Hi! I'm Violet Parr, but you can call me Violet. I'm new at Pixar Planet. I just wanted to say I love your graphics! "Can we get back to the issue of the gravy?!" was hillarious! I really loved "Daddy's Little Girl". I love the relationship between Violet and her dad. They seem very close. I wanted to ask how to make "Daddy's Litlle Girl" my signature. And what do you mean by "credit me"? Put your name under it? I don't have any problem with giving you credit, I just want to get it right.

Anyway, AWESOME! -- and very FUNNY! :smiley:

rachelcakes1985 - Thanks for lending me your avvie! I’m curious to hear what happens to Wall-E in that alternative storyreel sequence. Did they mention what he was squinting at? :question:

violet parr - Welcome to the forums! You may want to make your ‘grand entrance’ in the “Hi, my name is…” thread. It’s under the Members Inc. board. :wink:

bright dot-dasher - Thanks a lot! =D I had to Google “dinglehopper” but now I know what you mean. The lightbulb isn’t from the movie, it’s from one of the extras (one of my favourite extras, besides the BnL shorts), Notes on a Score. Thanks again for the feedback!

thedriveintheatre - No probs. I’m always glad when someone uses one of my graphics. =) From memory, the alternate storyreel sequence takes place just after WALL•E has made it onto the Axiom (after getting off from the Axiom Return Vehicle). I don’t want to give too much away, but in that scene WALL•E is winking at M-O. A quick search of YouTube didn’t come up with anything, but if you want I can upload that storyreel for you. PM me.

violet parr - Hello! I’m glad you find my graphics “awesome”. I usually make graphics to entertain myself, but if others find them enjoyable, well, then that’s even better! Yeah, sure - you can use that Violet signature. Oh yeah, that gravy one is one of my personal favourites. I really should wear it one day…

With crediting, I’ve gotten a bit lax on the rules for that. As long as if someone asks you where you got one of my signatures from, just tell them it was me who made it, that’s all. You could have text in your signature if you wanted, but either way it doesn’t bother me, really. If you are going to use the signature outside of the forum, link back to my thread at Pixar Planet. Otherwise, you don’t have to have anything in your sig stating that I made it. It’s a pretty small forum - we all seem to know who makes which graphics, anyway. =) As for how to have a signature, take a look at this thread: The ‘How to…’ Thread.

And, like thedriveintheatre suggested, feel free to introduce yourself in this thread: Hi, my name is….

:slight_smile:

Oh, sorry, I must’ve misread your earlier explanation before I posted.

violet parr: Welcome! :smiley: You’re gonna love it here!

thedriveintheatre- Thanks! I think I’ll look into that. :slight_smile:

rachelcakes1985- Thank you so much for the advice :slight_smile: ! I’ll try that-- I just hope I get everything right :laughing: ! Incase it’s not obvious, I’m not very computer smart :question: :nerd: :question: .

Yeah, the gravy one is one of my favorites, too. But I guess you have to have seen the commentary to get that one. :wink:

Thanks a lot to both of you :slight_smile: !!!

( P.S. I read through the “how to…” thing real quik and it was kind of hard to understand. So, I’ll get someone to tell me what it means.)

rachel - Great graphics, rachel! The one with Hal is adorable, I love the colors in the “Happy New Year” signature, and the “spork” graphic is hilarious. :wink:

Keep up the good work!

– Mitch

violet parr - You’re welcome. Glad to see you’ve gotten the signature coding sorted out. Feel free to use my graphics any time. There’s also four other Violet signatures I posted on page 11 as a request for The Star Swordsman (another The Incredibles/Violet enthusiast, like yourself.)

Mitch - Merci for ze compliments!

Another bunch of avatars from WALL•E. I’m no good at adding fancy effects to my avatars, or at thinking up text to put on them. But I kind of like the simple, understated-ness that is the end result. I also like making avatars from the inanimate objects, as well as things in the background that usually don’t get noticed.

If anyone can tell me exactly when and where the cloud avatar comes from you get a free cupcake in a cup! (Plus another one if you can tell me without actually watching the movie first.) :mrgreen:

I changed my avatar to one of the Hello, Dolly! scenes in WALL•E because I felt it was time for a change. I chose that avatar because of the hand-holding, I like the song “It Only Takes a Moment”, but most of all because of the soft, pastel colours. My signature is back to a picture of the Axiom, but I’ve used that one before and will probably change it soon, anyway.

Rachel - You’re most welcome!

I agree with you in that I do like the simplicity of the avatars you create, and I also like how you zoom in on such overlooked objects as the ring that WALL-E examines and the American flag on the moon. That shot of the plant in the boot is also very nice – it’s tender and easy on the eyes.

As for that “cloud” avatar, I’m going to guess that it’s during the moment where the Captain is giving out the morning announcements. I didn’t refer to the movie, since I kind of don’t have to. My youngest sister is only one of the most addicted WALL-E fans out there; she watches the film once a day at least, if not twice, so our household never has to thirst for a dose of WALL-E goodness. That said, I’m sure I’m wrong on my guess. (heheh)

Nice graphics! Make more! :smiley:

– Mitch

Simplicity is something that Pixar seems to strive for in their movies, so to make such simple but attractive avatars sort of works in that sense. I love the shot of the Pong game being played especially- it looks great as an avatar. Nice work, Rachel!

I like all of the posted aavatars rachel. Nice shots of settings and objects. Simple, but very enjoyable.

Wow, as the others have said, it’s simple and pretty, very Zen-ish, Rachel.

I was thinking the same as Mitch in that the cloud avatar is from the ceiling of the Axiom during the day-time. And no, I didn’t cheat, I just thought hard for a few seconds at what point did they show clear blue skies in the movie, and come to think of it, that was the only scene and it was in an artificial environment, no doubt! Oh, the irony:smiley:

I couldn’t guess where the avatar of the console panel from the first-column, second row came from. Anyone (incl Rachel) would happen to know? :question:

You mean that one of the blue buttons? That’s during the moment when EVE is first brought to the planet Earth – when that mechanism from the ship pressed several buttons on the capsule which enclosed her so as to open it up. :wink:

– Mitch

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I might make some more avatars soon. :smiley:

lizardgirl - Oh yeah, the Pong avvie. I like that one, too. Thank you! =D

The Star Swordsman - TY! Glad you like my “aavatars”. :stuck_out_tongue:

thedriveintheatre - Ha ha! “Zen”. That’s neat. They do actually show the blue sky, at the end of the movie when the Axiom blows all of the dust away, partially, on Earth, and the camera zooms back just before the credits… And Mitch is correct, that is the panel that the robot arm presses to open up EVE’s case. I’ve always liked the buttons and design in WALL•E. Thank you for the feedback! =D

Mitch - The ring and the boot are probably my fav out of this batch, but I really do like all of them. Thanks! Yep, that’s where the cloud image is from. I shoulda made that question harder. :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s your two free cupcake-in-a-cups:

:mrgreen:

Rachel - Awesome! Thank you for the cupcakes. drinks cupcakes

You should do more of these things – challenge us to see if we can locate the screen shot! :wink:

You’re welcome, by the way!

– Mitch

que?

XDXDXD

These are really cool!

Mitch - Ok, Mitch. If you say so. I’ll try to some up with more challenging (but beautiful) avatars in the future.

Roflcoptinator - Thanks very much! I’m always happy to entertain. =)

Thanks Mitch and Rachel! I’ll have to look at the movie again, but it sure looks like it! Nice to know.
Looking to more sigs and avvies, yeah?