Syndrome/Mirage

Well, who had the feelings?

• It was him. She had no such intentions.
  • She liked him, and he just played on that so she’d work for him.
  • The feeling was mutual.
  • They weren’t romantic at all…

0 voters

This is about Mirage and Syndrome. Did he like her, or did she like him? On the Disney website, it used to say that she liked him.

However, everyone says that he’s just a sicko, and likes her for obvious reasons. Opinions?

I don’t think they’re involved romanticly. SHe was attracted to him because of his lust for power. But when Buddy gambled with Mirage’s life, she knew that he wasn’t the right person to work with anymore.

I think she liked and cared for him but I dont think the feeling was really mutual, and when he gambled with her life she realised who he really was and that disscusted her. :bulb:

I don’t think there was anything that indicated that Mirage had feelings for him. At least, I can’t think of anything at the moment.

I think they were only involved in a “fisic” relationship , if you know what I mean…

Certain possibilities do exist.

Syndrome… well physically speaking I think he IS attracted. The way he touches her face and talks to her etc. when she’s mad after he gambled with her life for example, it’s uh… how do I put this… a bit uh… (what’s a word which won’t hail censors?)…not entirely platonic.

(Perhaps he wanted some action before his ‘moment of glory’ but Mirage after THAT little event, wasn’t having any of it.)

However, I don’t really think he… cares. Like someone who is in love would care. Especially not in the sense that Helen cares for Bob (or vice versa). While physically speaking they may have… engaged in certain acts (maybe, maybe not, I think it’s pretty likely), I don’t think he really ultimately cares for her. He was willing to gamble her life just for a possibility to taunt. He truely and utterly couldn’t have known for sure if Mr.I would let her go.

Though it’s pretty likely to me they’ve… done things. If you get my meaning. But while Mirage cared at least a BIT from her end (pushing him out of the way, but you don’t have to have a romantic attachment to do that). Ultimately Syndrome didn’t much at all.

To be crude. Mirage to him was just good at her job and also good looking (and maybe good and had skills in… another rather adult sense… no guys I’m not going to spell it out for you, if you’re old enough you’ll get it.). I think that was all that mattered to him. He didn’t ultimately care for Mirage as a person herself. And that, also included in the fact she didn’t like involving kids in the crossfire and that Mr.I spared her despite her involvement, helped turn things around for her.

I think it really depends on what is meant. Mirage I think did care a bit for him. Even if it was just a simple fact of two people in their twenties having some sort of bizarre ‘arrangement’. It’s possible she felt something like concern for his safety, even if they were just employer/employee with… ‘benefits’. :confused:

Not so much on Syndromes end though as it turned out.

Im glad to know that im not the only one who thinks that mirage and sindrome were “Having fun” mentalguru

Well, when Mr. Incredibles about to grab Syndrome when hes in the imprisonment device Mirage pushes him out of the way so that Mr. I will grab her instead. :slight_smile: I think that, that shows that she cares for him. :laughing:

They got busaaay…

Nice comments, it seems that ‘workplace romances’ rarely work out… :frowning:

She wasn’t attracted to him, she was attracted to his power.

Personally, I think Syndrome liked her, but she did not have any love for him at all.

I think Mirage was a Gold Digger, nothing more.

My Incredibles fan-made character — SYNICAL , Superheroine Princess of Nomanisan — will be much more worthy of a prince like Syndrome. :wink:

I think it’s obvious she cared about him, as she did push him out of the way. Did she love him? Probably not, but she definitely cared. As for how he felt, I think he was attracted to her, but I don’t think he really loved her.

I think I agree with this statement the most. But I also think, as Evil_Genius_27 stated, she also cared about him.

I agree with MG and TDIT. They were involved, but not loving. I can’t accept that there was nothing there, though. I can’t see those two not…nevermind. :laughing: