Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

So anyone here a fan? I’ve watched both the 80s toon (when it was on re-runs in the 90s when I was little) as well as the more serious 2003 series andmore recently the 2012 computer animated series. I must say I’m enjoying it so far! In tone it seems to be between the more goofy older series and the more serious 2003 version, which I think was a great idea.

I loved both versions for different reasons, but I think they did the right thing in going between the two. It means we get goofy fun times but also serious points and neither seeming too jarring. When the other two series underwent a tonal shift (the 80s toon becoming darker in the red sky series and '03 toon less so when they went to the future and came back), it didn’t sit well with many fans- and yeah TBH, the 2003 series just wasn’t as good in its last two seasons. But here I think they’ve hit the sweet spot.

The turtles are also all disturbingly adorable.

I was always the weird kid who loved Leo- the one everyone else considered boring- and my favourite still remains the same in this incarnation. He’s at his best when he’s being an utter geek about his show I feel here. Plus his facial expressions are just precious.

I want both a Fluttershy and Leo plushie now. I think I have a problem.

I liked what I saw of the 80’s cartoon, I freaking loved the 2003 version (mainly because it’s the one that I grew up with), and I really like the new one so far. It’s actually pretty good!

I just hope that the new movie coming out in a year or so is good. I mean, both of the guys who created TMNT said that it was an awesome script, but I don’t know… As long as they have Krang, and I mean the actual Krang, not the alien race seen in the new series (which is really my only complaint about the show), then I’ll be happy.

As for favorite turtles, when I was little, Michelangelo was my favorite, but in recent years, it’s been Raphael, mostly because he reminds me of me.