Hey guys! I know I haven’t been really on these days (as most of you know, I’m insanely busy with my Senior Year (Year 12) at school), but I am still around the Planet - I’d like to give a big thank you to all of you for your continued dedication and contribution to the Pixar Planet Family!
First things first, as you might have seen, the Cars theme is now up and is now available as a theme choice. I’m really sorry about the huge delay in getting these themes out - it’s pretty hard being a one-man band with the design but I promise you I’m trying to roll these themes out as fast as possible. I beg for your patience, and Wall-E, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc. & A Bugs Life will be coming in stages throughout the year, along with the anticipated new Upcoming Pixar. Again, I ask for your patience - I’m as excited as much with this as you are too!
Okay, now to the main point to what I’m writing about - I’m happy to announce a new project!
I’m sure most of us (if not, all of us) are huge fans of Pixar, and the wonderful animation studio inspire and motivate our lives in a deep and meaningful way. They’ve shaped us so much as creatives and many of us have their talents jump-started with Pixar’s work, as we see shine through with fan art, fan fiction and other forms of fandom.
Pixar has done so much for us, so it’s time to let Pixar know that we’re thankful for all of the inspiration and the joy they have given to us.
This project is titled “Thank You, Pixar” and will be a video of as many Pixar Planet members as we can get, expressing how much Pixar has done for us and this is our way of saying “thank you” to them.
The video will be of a documentary style - basically featuring Planeteers explaining how they came to find Pixar, how Pixar has inspired them, and a personal message by them to Pixar.
As time & editing restrictions unfortunately affect production, not all applicants to this project will be able to be on video. Due to this, priority will be given to Planeteers who have their lives deeply affected like Pixar, e.g. Pixar has inspired them to be an animator, artist, etc., Pixar helped them to recover from an illness, Pixar helped them through a major tough time.
So, what requirements do you have to fit in to enter this project?
- You must be 13 years or older
- You must be an active Planeteer (final discretion is given to Pixar Planet staff)
- You must be willing to speak on camera and allow yourself to be on a public YouTube video that will be shared online
- You must complete permission documentation - 16 year or older Planeteers can sign this themselves, otherwise 13-15 year old Planeteers must have their parents sign their permission
- You must have access to a video camera (webcams and mobile phone/cellphone cameras are unfortunately not acceptable!) and will be able to upload footage privately on YouTube or mail a CD/DVD containing the footage files to our Sydney (Australia) office.
If you’re interested, please PM or email staff [at] pixarplanet.com the following details:
- Your username
- Your real name (you can choose if you would like your whole name or only your first name to appear on the video)
- A brief description on how the inspiration by Pixar has helped you in life
- A brief rundown of your “story” of your conflict & how Pixar’s inspiration resolved this conflict
- Your email address to receive further instructions
Please send in your applications by one and a half weeks: Friday 10nd June 2011. (Note: This date has been extended!)
Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!