The Annie Awards WINNERS

Someone actually said Chowder and Flapjack replaced Spongebob while his new episodes are unfunny. And that’s really cool.

Replaced him at what?

Um… Just replaced him as usual kind of replacement? What people will watch NOW? The ‘new Spongebob’?

According to my showbizzy supplement, Kung Fu Panda 2 has 12 nominations for this year, and the nominations for best animated feature are:

A Cat In Paris
Arrugas
Arthur Christmas
Cars 2
Chico and Rita
Kung Fu Panda 2
Puss In Boots
Rango
Rio
The Adventures of Tintin

What do you guys think? No doubt that DreamWorks will win again, but some nominations interested me. Like, the fact that they’ve nominated a motion capture film which animators have protested against, and that they’ve nominated a nice chunk of foreign films :slight_smile:

I don’t want Pixar to win this year. I’m pulling for Rango.

I’m hoping that Rango wins. I don’t know how I would react if Cars 2 won though.

I’ll be happy if Rio or Rango wins.

I’ll be happy if Rango, Arthur Christmas, Chico and Rita, Kung Fu Panda 2 or The Adventures of Tintin wins, but I guess it will end up between Puss in Boots and Kung Fu Panda 2, y’know, being the Annies :slight_smile:

Haha, very true.

I’m personally not a big fan for “Best Animated Feature Awards”, but I guess Rango will come out on top this year.

Did Toy Story 3 get any Annie’s?

I know it lost “Best Feature” last year to HHTYD.

Sadly, there are too many issues with the Annies. I kind of gave up after Wall-E lost every nomination. But I’m sure that controversy has been discussed on this forum many times. :laughing:

My pick for best animated feature: Rango, for bringing something refreshing to the animation table and having stunning visuals, and then Kung Fu Panda 2 for being a decent sequel with some interesting visuals as well.

Well I gues Pixar can’t win them all. it would get boring if they did.

That’s true, and I’m glad that HTTYD got recognised at the Annie’s last year when TS3 did so well everywhere else, but I hate how if one film wins, they win everything.

Like I said before, it seems like an unfair system. There’s a reason Kung Fu Panda won certain awards Wall-E was getting Oscar buzz for (writing, best picture, music, and even directing—LOL at that last one). KFP is one of Dreamworks’ best, but it’s not that good. :laughing:

If I was part of an animation studio I wouldn’t be that biased in my voting, even if the studio was Pixar. Just sayin’.

I put my money on Puss in Boots and Kung Fu Panda 2 to win everything they’re nominated for in the Annie Awards.

I think the Annies are a great idea, but they’ve been rigged the past few years.

Most of us arn’t pulling for Pixar this year though. Most are hoping for Rango to in.

I think Cars 2 would be lucky to even get an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Feature. I also think Rango is one of the most deserving, and plus it’s very different from animated fare over the years. Even though the entire thing is an homage to westerns, it’s still very refreshing at times, and I welcome that.

I may see Cars 2 winning Best Annimated Movie in the Kid’s Choice Awards, because the voting is dine by kids.