The Art of little_chef (and her sis)

Milan: I really love her hair longer, too! maybe Iā€™ll do some more varying hairstyle sketches with longer hair on her. :slight_smile:

OWP: Thanks! Iā€™m happy with this one, and Iā€™m partial to the slightly longer pixie cut. I just love the way it looks, and not everyone can pull it off. Apparently, Colette can! :smiley:

I did a super quick sketch of Joelinne last night before going to bed, but both deviantART and tumblr are down or not working, and theyā€™re really the only two places I post my art. I tweeted the picture, but Iā€™m not sure how well that will look. You can use that link until I can post it properly, though! :stuck_out_tongue: My files are way too large to post directly into my posts without resizing them.

EDIT: hereā€™s the proper link now that deviantART is working!

little chef

Thatā€™s an amazing sketch! He looks completely sinister and menacing.

Great job! You did an incredible job with his facial expression.

thank you both!! ;u; I really wanted to pull off that sinister, morbid smile with him since itā€™s such a trademark expression of his.

also I was finally able to get it properly published to deviantART, so I updated my last post with the link. :slight_smile:

little chef

Man, the fact that you can post this much art so often baffles me ā€“ Iā€™ve got to stop procrastinating with my own! (Which is part of why I still have no dA :stuck_out_tongue:) But enough about me! This turned out quite awesomelyā€¦ you definitely sold Joelinneā€™s devious-ness! Thumbs up!

OWP: oh gosh, I procrastinate on art projects ALL the time! :laughing: I sat down and made a list of a bunch of pieces that I need to finish and got kind of overwhelmed. who knows if theyā€™ll ever actually get finished, haha.

Hereā€™s another fairly big project that got completed today! I started this back in August (see? Procrastination!) and was inspired to pick it back up yesterday, so I plugged at it all last night and the better part of this afternoon until it was done.

Not sure if anyone remembers my headcanon of Nolan being the creator of WALL-E, but you can read the description of this Japanese-styled advertisement for the whole story on that! :smiley:

I put a lot of fun details into this project, kind of like when I did that ā€˜Think Differentā€™ poster of Nolan!

little chef

Interesting idea and the poster is very pleasing to the eye! So well done again!

Iā€™m glad someone understands, little_chef :slight_smile: You can have a million ideas in your brain you want to get out and on paper, but only so much A) Time B) Resources C) Energy and perseverance and D) All of the above. Anyway, I love this poster! Itā€™s too cool! And the fact you did actual Japanese text astounds me! And your idea of how Ratatouille and WALL-E collide is awesome! Great job!

OWP: haha yes, exactly! 8D also, the Japanese text comes default when you install Photoshop. Thereā€™s only a few basic fonts you can use, which is kind of frustrating, and I tried to download more, but apparently you actually have to have a Japanese version of Photoshop in order to use them. Yeah, itā€™s pretty stupid! :confused:

Thank you both so much! Iā€™m really, really happy with how that project came out. ;u;

Hereā€™s a couple more goodies. I drew my humanized version of L-T (from WALL-E), named Lina Kessler, for the first time in quite a while! For some reason Iā€™m not all that happy with how she looks, though. I feel like thereā€™s something off about her face, but I canā€™t put my finger on what.

And lastly, I took a bunch of time today to compile a character playlist for Joelinne, which is in the artistā€™s comments there. If you have a bit of time, I really encourage you to listen to the songs. They help to describe Joelinne and his story quite well and Iā€™ve been slowly compiling the list of songs for a few months now. :slight_smile:

little chef

The pic of Lina is awesome! I think you did a great job! And it looks like you did a really good job at compiling those songs for Joelinne; I didnā€™t actually listen to them, nothing personal; just not my thing when it comes to music (Iā€™m just a barrel of sunshine and rainbows :stuck_out_tongue:), but either way, you did great on both! And itā€™s cool that you get a Japanese font with Photoshop! Though I have a feeling that Iā€™ll never get ahold on Photoshop, Japan version or otherwise :slight_smile: Oh wellā€¦

oh no itā€™s fine, ahaha. C:

a few more sketches and things:

A quick sketch of Nolan

Two unfinished sketches

And the finished version of the first sketch, Joelinne with a couple of the street kids he hangs out and wrecks havoc with. I had a lot of fun with that piece and I might try to color it eventually!

little chef

Really good stuff here! Nolan is sweet as always and the other two sketches look quite awesome! Keep it up! :smiley:

Hereā€™s my Halloween contribution! ;u; Itā€™s not very scary or spooky, but Iā€™m not much for scary and spooky, anyway! :laughing:

Nope, itā€™s Nolan dressed as Steve Jobs for Halloween! :slight_smile:

Happy Halloween, folks!

little chef

This is so awesome! I love the idea! A very un-spooky Halloween costume ā€“ I likey! Great job again! :smiley:

Thank you very much! Itā€™s a costume I probably would have worn myself. :laughing:

I feel bad that I really donā€™t have anything to update with, besides this drawing of Renata that I did earlier this month. I have a couple other sketch things on my computer, but theyā€™re not all Pixar-related, unfortunately! I kinda have a backlog of art that Iā€™m slowly working on finishing, and there are a handful of Ratatouille pieces in there, so hopefully youā€™ll get to see them someday soon. ;u;

little chef

Great to see more art from you again! This picture of Renata is absolutely wonderful! Her outfitā€™s adorable, too!

Thanks!! I forgot to mention that I was inspired by an outfit I saw on Pinterest, and I had to draw it on her because it totally looked like something she would wear! I love Pinterest. I get so many great ideas for hairstyles and clothing not just for myself, but for my characters, too! :slight_smile:

little chef

That is a awesome drawing. I wish I could draw like that.

aaah thanks Teo!!! ;w;

hereā€™s a couple things I drew tonight, but arenā€™t finished. itā€™s been hard for me to get back into the swing of drawing, but for some reason, the minute I start drawing Ratatouille characters, my hand loosens right up!!!

EDIT: I finished Colette! :slight_smile:

little chef

Excellent sketches, little_chef! Itā€™s so good to see your Ratatouille art again! The Colette looks awesome ā€“ very sassy :slight_smile: And I like your take on a younger Ego! Keep up the awesome work!