The Beatles

Colette Linguini- I had no idea you were a Beatles fanatic! On that note I’ve been meaning to tell you how much I love yer current sig picture! I remember when I first saw that and I completely flipped out, since Pixar and my Beatles finally came together :slight_smile: Help! is wonderful isnt it? I mean I like A Hard Days Night, but Help! is something else entirely.

nhdrumline- I’m excited for those remasters too! It’ll be great to hear, after playing cds that havent been enhanced since they came out in the 80s. And I saw a trailer for beatles Rock Band, and it looks pretty good.

No offense, but “pretty good”?

I CAN’T WAIT! (even though I wasn’t alive to see John [and didn’t know who George was until too late])

Sadly, I cannot give you a list of my favorite songs, because there are too darn many to name.

Only 98 days and 8 hours more of waiting. sigh

lennonluvr9- Yeah, I’m a total Beatlemaniac! The obsession began almost exactly half a year ago. I thought it was obvious from my newer pieces on deviantart. Hehe.
And I agree that the picture from Your Friend the Rat in my signature was a dream come true. :slight_smile:
ashley

ahh, so still kinda new at this ay? That’s cool. If you dont mind my asking what was it that got you to like them so much? I’ve liked them since I was old enough to know what a Beatle was, although I’ve been a major fan for the past 11 years. in fact, it’ll be 11 years exactly this August :slight_smile:

Very cool! Eleven years!
Well, what got me into The Beatles was actually YouTube. An interesting story… I came home one day with “Till There Was You” stuck in my head, so I searched it on YouTube to hear a recording, and found the footage The Beatles performing it in the Royal Command Performance in 1963. I immediately took interest and practically lived on Wikipedia reading and researching everything I could about them. So really it was the old footage that sparked the obsession, but I know that any other exposure to the band would have caused me to get really interested.
ashley

The Beatles are definitely my favorite band. I really can’t put my favorite songs of theirs in order but I listen to are Hey Jude, I Am the Warlus, and Back In the U.S.S.R a lot.

That’s actually really neat! I like that cuz it’s different. My story’s a little bit of a cliche’, since it involves Sgt Pepper. I assume then you’ve seen the Ed Sullivan performance of that song with the caption for each Beatle and “Sorry girls, He’s married” under John’s name. :wink:

Yes, I’ve seen them on Ed Sullivan! I loved that caption for John.

How about a star for a Starr?

Ringo’s getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010.

OHMIGOSH!!! I must MUST be in Hollywood when this happens.

Yeah, that’s pretty sweet. I’m glad to see Ringo getting some recognition. :slight_smile:

Oh, goodness!!! I love The Beatles!!! I even visited the remains of the Cavern Club in Liverpool :laughing: ! Man that was awesome… There songs are all very addictive and simple, but effective! Even though I’m female, I have been referred to as a Beatle, or ‘mophead’ by my hair cut :confused: . I also remember when I was called Ringo, but hey, no big deal! I love them all anyway!!!

sings Love, love me do. You know I love you. I’ll always be true, so pleaassseee… Love me Do :smiley: !

You’ve been to the Cavern? Cool. One of my goals is to get to Liverpool sometime. Incidentally, i just got back from a Beatles convention in Chicago (my 20th!)

Cool! Hmm… it’s a problem when you live abroad :confused:

Yes, I have, when I went to Liverpool for a day over a year ago now :slight_smile: . The original closed in the 80’s I think, but they opened another one called The New Cavern Club (nice name!) that you can go in. There is also The Beatles museum that you can visit and there is the official shop. Heh, they’ve got a nice statue of them all just outside the shop :slight_smile: . There is also the Yellow Submarine Tours and the City Tour (we went on the city tour and it’s very interesting!) that you can go on. Also, remember the Mersey Lake where Gerry and the Pacemakers recorded his single :smiley:!

I don’t know whether anything has changed since I’ve been…

[spoil]17[/spoil] days to remasters…

[spoil]17[/spoil] days to Beatles: Rock Band…

I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Yeah Beatles Rock Band certainly looked like fun. Beatlefest (the Beatles convention I was recently at) had 2 demos of the game set up for people to try. The music sounded great as well.

The Beatles are indeed a great rock band! :slight_smile: (they aren’t my favorites, though) I actually never really listened to their music, until I discovered their greatet hits album (#1s) in my mom’s CD piles. I took a listen and I instantly liked these guys. My mom used to listen to these she was younger to help lift the stress up which was school. (obviously :unamused: ) My favorite songs from them are Yellow Submarine, Eleanor Rigby, Yesterday & Penny Lane.

Got into them by listening to Beatles 1, ay? cool. I have a few friends, who dont even consider themselves “beatle fans”, who have that album. One of them was very surprised when she remembered she had it.

So Ringo’s star ceremony just ended. I didn’t make it to hollywood. DARN!! i was very close; my aunt was going to drive me until a last minute cancellation. it was devastating. well, looks like i need to plan more accurately for whenever paul receives his star :wink:

I’m just glad Ringo’s finally getting a little recognition :slight_smile: