The Cars Theorization Thread

[size=85]I’m with Snipe, I’ve seen alot of examples of the possibility to have children, I’ve noticed quite a few baby cars in the movies ^-^
They’re so cute XD[/size]

Other than the one Snipe mentioned, where are the other baby cars? Like I always figured there was more somewhere but I can’t picture it. o_0

And, you know, I’m still convinced that Pixar put in that scene with the baby car at the tie-breaker race just to show that cars can have children.

If you have have the “Tall Tales” DVD they show you the ideas they had but didn’t make into shorts. It is quite funny because “Back to the Forward” is based off “Back to the Future”. 8D You said you hadn’t seen it so the short would probably make very little sense to you! :stuck_out_tongue: Basically Mater keeps time traveling further back into the time and they show sketches of these weird Roman carriages battling and other odd stuff. I could try and find a link if you want to see it! :laughing:

This! Otherwise we wouldn’t of had a clue.

Oooooohhhh. Awww man, I think that would of been fun to see but you’re right, too much theorization involved. :laughing:

It came back to bite me, didn’t it? :wink: 8D

[size=85]I thought I saw another baby somewhere in the second movie :confused: Maybe not though, I haven’t watched it in a few weeks XD

All I know, is it’d be super cute if Lightning and Sally had one <3 [/size]

Oh, haha. Maybe! You never know, there’s always like 20515151057114144834 million cars in the background. :unamused: 8D

This. Imagine if we walked into Cars 2 and they already had a kid. 8D

[size=85]I would’ve squealed.End of story. XD I would watch Cars 2 over and over just to look at it <3
Now this makes me want to look up a picture for their humanized baby XD[/size]

So we got Cars 2 yesterday, and after seeing it for the second time, I was wondering, how do cars smell things? Or can cars even smell at all?

Oh my gosh, that never crossed my mind. I mean, they don’t have noses obviously… Woooowwwwwwwwww. I would think they can smell. I don’t know how though. o_0

[size=85]I’d like to think they had sensors or smell percepters or something in that ballpark.
I don’t really know :/[/size]

But what about Mater? In the second film when he blows his engine cap off to reveal the bomb in his hood, it seemed more like he was “blowing his nose”. The same thing happened in the first film, when Mater sneezes his hood off, it seemed like he was sneezing through his nose. So, I’d say their nose is located in the hood. And if that is the case, that they do have a nose, I don’t think it would be in the form of sensors or something electronic/mechanical like that. I think it would be organic, same as their mouths. :sunglasses: :wink:

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that Snipe. That makes sense.

Oh yeah, that does make sense. Let’s just leave the theorizing to you, Snipe. You’re so good at it. :wink: :laughing:

This is a great thread!

I personally think the Cars universe doesn’t make any sense (not that it matters, as it’s fantasy, but I think it contributes to weaken the films anyway), so it’s great to see people attempting to explain all these questions.

[size=85]Snipe, that makes perfect sense ^-^

Another question from me, how much do you think they feel on their metal exterior? Is it limited or fully felt, what? Theories anyone? [/size]

I think they feel things on their exterior just like we feel things on our skin. That also brings up… for instance, a kiss. That would basically be like crashing into each other but they don’t get dents and stuff from that. Or like when a car bumps another’s frame with their tire, same thing. So that “pure metal exterior” thing sort of always got me. :question:

[size=85]I think a kiss being a more gental touch , therefore it wouldn’t leave a large dent, like for say they were in a actual crash, like in the first movie, When Sally nudged Lightning, it left no dent ^-^
I’m under the impression that it takes alot of force to put a dent in one of them, so a kiss would be no problem, unless it was a super aggressive kiss XD[/size]

8D Yes, I think Snipe may have made this thread just to show us his smarts. He just needed someone to ask the questions. :wink:

I’m going with Shellow’s idea on the touch thing. I think they can feel all over, but it takes a great amount of pressure to actually dent them. Just like humans can have their skin break and get a little cut, but it takes a bigger amount of pressure to do something that will cause something like a scar. Or in their case, a dent.

Hehe, I can’t take all the credit for it. It comes with several years of arguing with my sibs on this topic. 8D Which leads me to our current question we’re arguing over… where is a car’s brain located? In one of the deleted scenes they took Lightning’s engine out and put it in a steamroller, and he was then the steamroller. That might imply that the engine is the brain, but it was supposed to be a dream, and it was deleted. What I like to think though is that the brain is located in the cab, where in real life people sit and “control” the car… thus where the car would “control” itself. The engine and battery would be like the heart and lungs. But that’s just what I think. What are the rest of your opinions? :smiley:

And on the skin/sense thing… I think they can definitely feel all over. And just like if you hit someone they bruise, if they aggressively bump each other they’ll dent. Which I believe is the same thing you’re saying, MissCarrera. :sunglasses:

Something I always wondered. How do Cars grab onto things?