The Dark Droid Trailer 2 [Reupload]

Thanks C-3PO! Wow, cool that you caught an advanced screening. I agree, Ratatouille is probably Pixar’s most inspiring and ‘feel-good’ movie (ie It’s the one that makes you want to get up and just cook, or paint, or take on the world in general). :smiley:

Haha, I still remember your post from last year, TSS. I was amazed my vid could evoke such emotions from someone I’ve never met, and that’s when I realised the power of music videos (in general). Gosh, I didn’t expect my video to be that moving! :laughing: And thanks for the comments! :smiley:

Yup, BDD, every year Singapore releases a new music video to that year’s NDP theme (which is sort of the song they sing to celebrate the nation’s independence and get the citizens into an uplifting, sort of patriotic mood). It’s the only country I know which has a new government-produced Independence Day song, if you will, every year (well, since 1999 thereabouts, and maybe one/two years they just repeated the previous year’s one). Some cynics see this as a propaganda exercise, but I don’t see anything wrong with a little patriotism every now and then, even if it’s only once a year. But yeah, when I was first thinking of how to produce my first fan MV, I thought Singapore’s NDP would be a suitable occasion to celebrate. I listened to all the previous years’ NDP themes, and I instantly thought of Ratatouille’s message of perserverance and ‘succeeding against all odds’ when I heard Stefanie Sun’s lyrics. Remy’s journey also paralleled S’pore’s history in that they started off small and went on to greater things, so yeah, that was an epiphany for me.

Sorry, I blabbered. :blush: But I’m really glad you liked it, BDD! :smiley:

For anyone who wants to see Stefanie Sun’s music video in its original context, here’s the official MV (with better-quality stereo than vids posted earlier, I used this video’s audio to replace my music video’s older one before the reupload).

And on a related note, you might want to hear me simultaneously sing karaoke in Singlish for my first Literal Music Video. :wink:

Then again, maybe not. :stuck_out_tongue:

THE DIRTIEST ROMANTIC COMEDY OF ALL-TIME

Fall in love again with a classic TDIT YTP in this reupload of a 2008 trailer spoof released to coincide with Wall-E’s Australian theatrical debut. After 700 years of banning ‘copyright-infringing’ videos on Youtube, a lone trash-bot named Wall-E will discover the meaning of life, love and lotsa’ spaghetti after a beautiful Mac appliance descends from the heavens and into his world. He follows her on an intergalactic quest across the stars and Internet Memes, while encountering ‘Mama Luigi’ the sanitary worker, an amnesiac Pixar voice actor, and countless robot movie references.

PAROD•E

Rate, comment and- SILENCE! I KISS YOU! :smiley:

Ha, I was wondering when you were going post this, TDIT! I saw it like a week ago and I’m still laughing. Especially at the Ratatoing part, that was the most random thing ever!

All of your videos are amazing! I hope I’m not coming off as creepy or anything, but as an aspiring video editing-person (whatever the official term is, haha), I really look up to your work because it’s just so professional and I want to be as good as you are someday. I’m think about making a Wall-E fan trailer also (if you don’t mind, I’m not trying to steal your thunder or anything!) but it won’t be even close to being as good as your’s. I think one of the most amazing things about your videos is that they were made before the movie in question actually came out, so you only limited trailer footage to work with and a very rudimentary understanding what it’s actually about.

Btw, I saw your Legends of the Guardians trailer, and all I have is one word to say: EPIC.

Thank you very much for the kind compliments, Ding! And as I have said on the chat, no, you don’t come off as creepy or anything… it’s an honour to inspire others (and I, in turn, am inspired by other people). Some of my videos are indeed made entirely with trailer footage like ‘Quantum of Bolt’ and ‘Transformulaic: Revenge of the Fanboy’ (insert shameless plug), but the rest are made with existing movies I already have.

I don’t really think I’m quite professional yet- I make all my videos using iMovie 2006 and I want to ‘level-up’ to Sony Vegas (but I don’t have enough hard disk space on my MacBook Pro), and I really want to learn advanced techniques like masking and 3D titles, so yeah… if you want to be as ‘good’ as me, all you need is patience and an obsessive attention to detail, nothing to it! :wink:

And thank you for the kudos on the Legend of the Guardians trailer. I’m very proud of it! :slight_smile:

AN ADVENTURE BEYOND THE ORDINAR•E

Revisit a TDIT classic in this 2008 fan trailer released to coincide with Wall•E’s theatrical debut. Featuring Brand X’s “Forgotten World” soundtrack used in the Blood Diamond trailer, and footage from the various TV spots and “Cities” trailer, TDIT creates a spellbinding promotional ad worthy of Pixar’s greatest masterpiece.

Rate, comment and subscribe! And Happy 2nd-Anniversary to our favourite robot! :slight_smile:

“Forgotten World” - A Wall•E Fan Trailer

I saw your trailer to your WALLE Forgotten World trailer. And I can say that your trailers is the definition of the word EPIC! THis is one of my favorite videos from you. If I were to see this trailer for the first time without seeing WALL-E, I swear that I would believe that it was an action movie!

Very nice job. Keep up the amazing work.

I can’t believe it’s exactly two years since the last post in this thread! :open_mouth:

TSS: Well, this reply is long overdue, but thank you for watching! You’ve always been one of my favourite reviewers, and though you don’t hang around on the forums as often as anymore, Michael, I’ll always remember your kind words and critiques. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, to celebrate the release of The Dark Knight Rises in cinemas today, here’s a reupload of one of my most popular trailer mash-ups from 3 years ago. I noticed that the video froze at certain points in the original upload, but I was too lazy to reupload it as I had already promoted it in the various forums I participated in.

So I’ve re-exported this in HD and am reuploading it to mark the occassion of the sequel to one of my favourite films of all-time, and I’m very excited to see the final installment in cinemas. Here’s to the Bat and the 'Bot, as well as the legendary vision of Nolan and Stanton for their respective masterpieces.

WELCOME TO A LOVE WITHOUT RULES.

From the maker of Quantum of Bolt, comes a mash-up of the two greatest pop-culture phenomenons of 2008. When the binocular-eyed crusader against crime, Wall-E arrives on the Axiom, he discovers a self-sustaining metropolis of apathy and greed. Although he has been quite successful in his quest against sloth and lack of real human interaction, it comes at the cost of his robotic girlfriend Eve, who is now with the Captain of the ship. His attempts to change the lazy humans and their unquestioning robot servants with the help of Hygiene Commissioner M-O and District Attorney B. McCrea results in the rise of a dangerous and dominating robot called AUTO. The autopilot’s inability to deviate from his directive and to achieve his purpose at all costs makes him Wall-E’s most challenging adversary yet. When the ruthless robot stages a mutiny and seizes control of the Axiom, it is up to the Dark Droid to put an end to the steering wheel’s seven centuries reign of terror once and for all.

CAST (in order of appearance):

WALL-E - The Batman
Captain McCrea - Harvey Dent
AUTO - The Joker
M-O - James Gordon
Hal - Alfred Pennyworth
EVE - Rachel Dawes
VN-GO - Lucius Fox

The Dark Droid Trailer 2 [Reupload]