The Dark Knight Rises

^This is a perfect point.

Is it bad to say I think this series is over rated?

No, it is not bad. It could be interesting to know why you think so, if you want to share it.

I don’t hate the series, I think it’s good. I just don’t think it dererves “Best super hero triolgy”. I always found the original Spiderman films better. Mabey I huess like the goofyness more. I do like how it is more serious and some good actors like Heath Ledger. I was looking forward to Amazing SpiderMan much more the Dark Knight Rises. It’s a good trilogy, but noot my taste i guess. It us better then Batman and Robin though.

I attempted to watch this last year when it was on G4. I got about 20 minutes into it, and I couldn’t take anymore of it. It’s THAT bad!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Pixarfan!

Anyway, I think you gave reasons why you personally like other films better than those, not why they’re overrated.

I do think they deserve every credit they’ve got, if not more. They way they changed how blockbuster films are made is remarkable.

I have sentiments similar to David’s. I don’t hate the movies, but they aren’t really my taste. I can see that they’re good, but there are versions of Batman, and other series as well, that I find much more interesting.

I think I might re-watch these soon. I like them. Maybe it’s just because my dad is a big fan, but I also think they’re good films. The last two felt PG-13 to the fullest extent, but that was okay. Even my younger sister likes to watch them. In terms of the series, I kind of think it is a perfect trilogy; it was consistent yet it advanced the stakes each time.

Me too, I have all three and I’ve been meaning to watch them.

While I like this film series, it infuriates me when people talk about this being the way Batman is meant to be, because it is quite different in tone to the early Batman comics. I also dislike when people talk about them being ‘realistic’ films, when they have many ‘unrealistic’ aspects.

Unlike other kind of adaptations, comics (and I say this as a fan of them) don’t really have “a way that are meant to be”, simply because there have been so many different interpretations within the medium.

In Batman’s case, I do no think there’s a “proper” way of adapting it. There are many valid interpretations, just like there have been many in its original medium. I don’t think even the early tone can be described as the Batman tone.

About the unrealistic part, I’m pretty sure people know the technology doesn’t exist or that a vigilante would get killed sooner than later in real life. What it’s mean by realism in this case, is that there’s and obvious attempt to make it more so than other films of the genre. So it’s relatively realistic, which I think is a valid commentary.

Personally, though, I prefer to find realism in character, rather than story/design/technology. We watch films for escapism, so I don’t understand going out of your way to make a film more realistic. Fantastical worlds have so much capacity to distinguish themselves and show you something totally new. Just my opinion, though.

The Dark Knight Rises is a wonderful movie and i had watch it with my friends.