The Friend/Foe feature

I don’t have any foes. First off, I think it would seem self righteous for me to completely ignore another member’s existence. And besides, I get along with most of you guys pretty well I like to think. :slight_smile:

Wow. I didnt even notice there was a Friend/Foe feature! Points to me for being observant :wink: That being said, that’s definitely original. I dont think i’ve been on other forums where you can block people.

I don’t know about the foe feature, but I guess it could be useful if you really don’t get along with a person. But someone you may have considered a foe could become your friend if you get to know them better, and I think the “foe” feature may prevent that. I mean, Incredigirl and I weren’t exactly friends when things started out! :laughing:

Oh yeah, I remember that. :open_mouth: 8D Good times…good times. But anyway, I just think it’s rude to ignore someone entirely like that. And, like Rac said, what if it’s just a misunderstanding? The person could mean something other than how you took it.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the foe feature. It’s just like ignoring problems. But there have been members in the past that got in so many fights that the feature become, um, ‘very useful’.

Members have gotten into fights, but isn’t that the reason why they have mods?

Yep! One of our many jobs!

I only use the friends as of now. I haven’t used the Foe feature, Haven;t even used it for spammers.

Yeah, and the mods usually take care the spammers swiftly anyway.

I also only use the friend feature. And I’m friends with like all of the currently active members. 8D :sunglasses:

Doesn’t one get a notification when a member adds you as a friend?

Nobody is in my list, so don’t take it personal if you guys aren’t there. I just don’t use the feature!

If so, then everyone here hates me. 8D I’ve gotten no such notice from anyone or anywhere.

Someone once said she was going to add me as a friend and I didn’t receive the notice, so I don’t think such a thing does exist.

^I agree.

So how will one know if one’s been added to a friend list?

You don’t unless they tell you. Which is why, IMO, you should be able to view other people’s lists. I know Phileas does a lot, and don’t want to burden him. But why do we have the lists, if nobody can see them? Of course, nobody but moderators should see foe lists. But sharing friends lists is good.

I think we can ask that from Phileas next time.

Does anyone want to share their lists here? :slight_smile: It could be fun.

Mine is simple:

As I’ve said, I’ve never used the feature. But I let everyone know who my friends are here!