The Great Suggestions Thread

I think I get what you’re saying little_chef, maybe a landmark at 500 posts or something, and regarding the “themed” posting benchmarks, you could have different movie settings, like Toy Story could be New Toy, then Hand-me down, then other stuff all the way up to Andy’s favorite toy or something similar, The Incredibles could be Super-In Training, Vigilante, Local Hero, Famous Super, and so on. I think at some point, members should be able to choose their own, as long as they’re Pixar-related. (Mine would probably be Senior Wilderness Explorer, Adventurous Curmudgeon, or Balloon Salesman, hehe)

ffdude: Actually, there is already a 500 post benchmark, and that’s when you become a Toy Collector for what feels like forever. :unamused: And I like your idea of being able to choose your own status based on film. That’s kinda what I was thinking! :wink:

little chef

How’s the Up site theme coming along? It’s quite sad that the founding members don’t log on as regularly anymore… :frowning:

I like the idea of having a rank between 500 and 1000. In fact, the more ranks the better, I say! We’ll probably have to add more ranks the older this site gets, but yeah, I also like the idea of choosing the theme of your ranks. If the admins/mods can implement this, it would be totally cool!

Here’s a treat for you Planeteers! Here’s a teaser for the all-new look Pixar Planet!

twitpic.com/kxw2f/full

More information in a few days. :wink:

I didn’t think that it was possible to redesign the site, from reading the earlier posts… Thanks so much, Phileas! The design looks so great! I tried scrolling down to see the rest of it, but couldn’t, lol. This is going to be a fresh start for Pixar Planet.

Is it still possible to get the Up forum theme happening that you gave us a taste of a while back? I’m resistant to change, but even I’m getting bored of using the WALL-E theme, and your designs are always so slick and professional-looking.

Rachel - Thomas and I are working it out. We’re still waiting for Dash to give us some privilages to implement it. It’s all ready to implement, and the only thing that’s holding us back is the access. It should be up about the next day we get the access.

And that was just a screenshot of the work in progress. I’ll have a preview up in a few days… with some surprises and new features to be proposed :wink:

Excellent revamp of the topsite, I can only imagine how awesome the new forum skins are gonna look, I seriously can’t wait! This is gonna be really cool, very well done!

You never cease to amaze me with your great design style, Phileas! Love the Toy Story ‘Andy’s bedroom’ wallpaper! If that was awesome, I can’t wait to see your take on the rest of the themes! :slight_smile:

BAHHH my fanfic was mentioned on the front page!!! :smiley: Haha, lame thing to get excited about, but still. :laughing:

It looks amazing! It’ll definitely take a lot of getting used to, but I really think it looks so much more professional and streamlined. I’d like to see what the actual threads and replies look like. Will they look the same as they do now, or will those have some changes as well?

little chef

I’ve updated the list in the first post.

Looking forward to seeing the preview, Phileas. :smiley:

You can get your username changed but you have to message bawpcwpn because he’s the admin. Even then you can only change it once, I think. But we discourage it unless you’ve made a mistake with the spelling, or something, otherwise if everyone changes their username, even just once, it would get confusing.

What kind of application? I’m not all that familiar with the iPhone or IPod Touch…

I just had another thought. I wonder if the profile pages of the members could be enabled with BB Code as well. I was just thinking that because I want to make little “buttons” for my sig with links to all my fandom threads, but I don’t think character space will allow it, so I was going to put them in my profile until I remembered you can’t use BB Code. (or HTML, to my limited knowledge.) Again, just a thought. I don’t want to put any pressure on Phileas. :wink:

little chef

Ok, I added that to the list, little_chef.

Thanks, rachel! :slight_smile:

little chef

You know, there are quite a few Buttons You know, for the Usergroups here at Pixar Planet. Which isn’t a bad thing. But as Pixar releases move and more movies, there are going to be more and more badges. Now, for someone like me, who pretty much loves every Pixar movie, and would continually add every new non-sequel movie (as if they’re a sequel, they already have a Usergroup), this could quickly add up and take space, particularly if one like me were to win a contest, donate, etc.

I was thinking, as time goes on, why not let the user to have the ability to pick their top 3, or 6 usergroup images to be displayed. And, a user could click on the profile of a member to view the Images for every Usergroup the member is involved in if they were curious to see more.

Basically, for those who don’t like reading a lot of text, or got confused (I think I did when reading through this post):

More Movies are coming out, which means more usergroups+images.
As time goes on, all of these images could add up.
Give Users the option of choosing a few to display on their posts, and allowing all to be viewed when someone is viewing the public profile of a member.

Now, I realize that there probably won’t be need of this for years, as there are only 2 new movies coming out in the next 3 to 4 years that would require new badges, but never hurts to keep some ideas for the future, right?

More movies will also mean more sub-forums under Feature Films. Depending on how many you mods want listed there, some of them may have to be combined…

All Toy Story threads (related to all 3 movies) is just posted under the one ‘Toy Story’ sub-forum, same with the sequels for Cars and Monsters, Inc..

Usergroups… well, with Toy Story 3, we won’t need another usergroup to be made for that because we already have the Toy Story one.

With the usergroups, when it does get to a point that there are just too many little icons to put under each user’s name, we could perhaps have a group for those who really do love every single one of Pixar’s films? Just an idea.

As for the subforum numbers increasing as each film comes out, Rachel makes a good point that any sequels will be put under the original’s subforum. Personally, I think that even if it gets to quite a large number in a few years time, having a section for each Pixar film (and its sequels) is essential on here. After all, this is a forum to essentially talk about Pixar films, and if stuff like ‘Other Animation’ can have it’s own area, then I think every Pixar film (unless it’s a sequel) should too.

i think attatching pictures to posts instead of hotlinking/img codes would be good. maybe because im lazy. :unamused:

So far, the site is pretty good but what I think would help a little if there was a way to show who was in the chatroom before entering so that it could prevent a member from logging in only to discover that there is nobody in there to chat with.

This isn’t really a suggestion, but I didn’t feel it was big enough to warrant a new thread. I was wondering when the new threads are going to show up on the forums main page again; this feature was taken down after PP crashed briefly, and it still doesn’t show the title of the latest thread in each section.