The 'How to...' Thread

Good idea to make it a sticky Mitch. I’ll do it for you. :wink:

• In addition to such image hosting sites as TinyPic and ImageShack, Photobucket is another suitable place to upload your graphics. Membership is required, but registration is free.

www.photobucket.com

The Star Swordsman - Ah! Well, there you go. Thanks! :wink:

– Mitch

You’re welcome Mitch. I was glad to do it.

Thanks for the feedback, Mitch. Appreciate it! :smiley: Thanks for making this a sticky, too. About Photobucket… I was a bit hesitant to putting that as an option because I always see the Photobucket image not found error. Heheh. But, of course, if people want to use it they can.

I think that’s because you’re the member who is the most fond of using the “bolding the person’s name and putting a dash next to it” method of responding. :wink:

Rachel - No problem! Thank The Star Swordsman for making it a “Sticky”, though. :wink:

Concerning Photobucket - Really? That’s interesting. I wonder why you receive an error message? Perhaps it depends on the type of computer you’re using? I’ve browsed that website on my laptop, my dad’s MacIntosh, and our family computer (PC), and it always works for me. Huh.

Ahh. I see. Heheh. Well, now it all makes sense. :wink:

– Mitch

By some fluke, I figured out that we can strike out text here using BBCode, so I’ve added that to the guide. That will come in handy for crossing out information that isn’t relevant any more but still needs to be kept in the post. I might get to seeing what other BBCode can be used on Pixar Planet, too, when I have the time.

A lot of the HTML is different on here

Luckily i knew both of the img codes because the regular image code doesnt work on here you have to use [/code]

Quick q:
Does anyone know how to create a screensaver? I know u can make a file of photos and have that play as a screensaver, but I want to make on w/ a frame and have it be an actual screensaver, know what i mean? help?

wallerat - This thread is to help people with technical queries that are related to Pixar Planet forums. Perhaps you could use Google to help solve your question of how to create a screensaver. There are other computer-related forums that would probably be able to solve your problem more effectively.

Rachel and wallerat - Eheh. My apologies. I directed wallerat to this thread for assistance in creating a screensaver, but I wasn’t sure as to whether or not it would be a good place to receive information on that particular subject.

Sorry about that, wallerat and Rachel! :blush:

– Mitch

that’s ok! im sure i’ll find a site somewhere…
btw luv ur profile pic mitch… :laughing:

wallerat - Phew! I’m glad that I didn’t upset you in any way. I hope that you discover a site that teaches you the basics of creating screensavers!

Oh, and thank you, by the way. :wink:

– Mitch

Does anyone know how to change the text size within your signature?

Also, is there a limit to how large your signature can be?

I’ve used the [size=x][/size] tags before in my sigs (‘x’ being the size number). As for dimensions, I forgot the exact maximum, but I’ve played around and the magic number for me is ‘750 by 250 pixels’, leaving me one line to write text for links and taglines and such. You can probably stretch the length, but 250 is usually the width I stick with.

Don’t worry if the image’s too big, the forum automatically resizes the pics for you (but crowds out any text you type in afterwards, which is why I stick to my magic number). :slight_smile:

Thanks!

There were a couple of threads where I checked the “Notify me when a reply is posted” box. I’m not wanting that to come up now, so how do I get it to stop sending e-mails each time someone posts?

[EDIT]-Okay… I figured it out. :blush: :sunglasses:

Does anyone know how to make a sig bigger? No matter what I do it’s always the same size. Half of the other members sigs are twice as big as mine.

Hmm, from what I can see, Pixarfan91, your signature is the maximum length but could be wider. The maximum size for a signature is 175 pixels by 500, so unless you were to change the proportions of your signature, if it’s already reached the 175 length you can’t make it any bigger (unless you stretch it).

O man, well, i may make it a little wider, not to much so Syndrome dosen’t look fat. Thanks Lizardgirl.

Hey, does anyone know how to make custom avatars with text and everything? Any help would be appreciated.