The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Who dosn’t like this film? It’s one of Disney’s darkest films they made. It somehow got a G rating too. The animation is great also. It has good song’s like Out There, God Help The Outcast, and of course, the vest villian song ever, Hellfire. WE can also agree that Frollo is an awesome villian. The film proves that not all Disney films need to have princesses in it. The film sends a message you shoulden’t judge a book by his color. Quaismodo may not have the best looks, but he is ver kind hearted and a very good froend. It also thaught that you don’t need to be with someone to be happy, you can never get married and still have a happy life. Now, the film is known to be similer to Tangled because of the locked up in home thing and bad parent, which also makes many Frollo.Gothel fans. Over all, this is a great film and is one of Disney’s greatest and under rated films.

Finally a thread gets made of this! Lol. Anyway, I really loved this movie. I was surprised with the “G” rating it got with all the dark themes and all. Should of been “PG” imo. I loved how Quasi didn’t get the girl in the end. Definitely a great way to avoid doing a tired Disney cliche. The film has some simularities to Tangled and Cinderella. Always wondered what it would be like with Quasi/Rapunzel, Frollo/Gothel and everyone else. The biggest problem with this film were the gargoyles. If they’re supposed to be part of Quasi’s imagination, how are they interacting with Djali and the soliders? Don’t know. All in all, definitely worth checking out if you haven’t seen it yet. It’s definitely one of my favorite Disney films and very underrated.

I love this films. One of my favorites on the canon.

I love how dark it is, and it has one of my favorite Menken scores.

I forfot, was it conformed it was only his imagination? The only thing I remember is Frollo saying stone dosen’t talk.

Yeah, but still. They were interacting with other living things. Esmeralda’s goat was the only one who whitnessed it.

Not sure if their real or not. Their was that scene were Frollo died because the stone head breaks and comes alive. Not sure if that count’s though.

I think it was his imagination, and Frollo was afraid of gargoyles because they “witnessed” his crime in the film’s prologue.

Mmm, I suppose that’s true, how did it break, was it his weight?

Good question. I always wondered how that gargoyle broke off.

Plus, Qausi was on it, and it didn’t break.

I never got to see this movie until recently. It’s pretty good. It’s powerful, and I enjoyed the music a lot.

I love this movie!! It’s my favorite Disney sound track, my 3rd favorite Disney movie, and my favorite Disney movie that doesn’t have a princess in it.

I’m glad to hear that there’s some love for this movie. It’s definitely the most underrated of the Renaissance films and just don’t get why people don’t like it.

I don’t know if the public like it (Children usually don’t, because it’s too dark for them), but I know for fact that it had a warm enough reception by experts.

That could be true.

I never really understood why the sequel was made. I mean, a follow up to a fantastic Disney classic is just terrible and cheaply made.

A lot of these horrible sequels were made during that period.

Yep. That’s typical Eisner for you.

Anyway, I noticed the story of the sequel reminded me a bit of Shrek.

Don’t know. I usually don’t watched those direct to video things.

Me neither. I only saw Hunchback’s sequel.

In my opinion, Lion King 2 is good. It’s nowhere as great as the original. But I think it can be concidered a theater movie combared to other Disney sequels.