The Incredbiles sequel coming in the distant future?

Well, it’s not my choice. But if they want to do an Incredibles sequel ‘just to get it out of the way’, then the film would be horrible. I’d only want them to do an Incredibles movie if they had a good idea for it. Not because they’re obligated to.

Don’t count on it. Unkrich I believe said in an interview that the next batch of Pixar films will all be originals.

You can still get a good idea in short time. Just a lot of thought has to be put into it.

Yeah, but I wouldn’t expect one to be released anytime soon.

Yes, I’m not doubting that. But I don’t want them to do one because they’re obligated to, or ‘to get it out of the way’ like you said.

I agree.

If a sequel gets made, I hope it isn’t a rushed effort like Cars 2.

Same, but I trust Brad Bird.

I didn’t want to make an entire thread devoted to this article, so here:

blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/theg … rking.html

O_O …

Yeeeeesssssss, I hope this happens.

That would be awesome to see ^^.

I’m not crazy excited about this, but I think that if there’s another Pixar movie that could handle a sequel, it’s The Incredibles.

I agree. It’s the one Pixar movie I’m most excited at the thought of having a sequel. Bird should do a good job. I don’t think he would go forward with the project (if it’s even going to happen) unless there’s a quality story.

Yep. The Incredibles out of any of the Pixar films deserved the sequel even though I don’t want one.

Guys, I wouln’t get my hopes to high yet. Remember when we were excired for Newt? Newt was then cancelled and we were disaponited. The same thing could happen here. So I wouldn’t get to happy yet, but just keep a look out.

I hope I didn’t come off as implying that the project will, indeed, happen, but I’m enthusiastic that Bird is even considering the idea and trying to get story ideas to “gel”—which suggests that he’s considering the potential sequel story with great depth.

Also, Newt still makes me sad to think about. :cry: It would be awesome if Pixar released a rough storyboard reel and more concept art on an upcoming DVD or something.

Another PP member said it was conformed on facebook. That got my hopes up. I looked it up on Google and couldn’t find anything. So I would’nt get to exited yet.

I was disappointed when I first heard that Newt was cancelled. It really had alot of potential and could of been one of Pixar’s better films. They said it was canned due to story problems or something. You never know. Pixar could revive it sometime in the future. Remember how they revived Wall-E and Cars?

I think the biggest problem is Rio, which has too many similarities.

That is true. Although with some story changes, they could decide to bring it back somehow.

If we do get a sequel I hope it takes place a good numbe of years after the original. I really want to see and older Dash and Jack Jack.