The "Introduction/I'm Back" Thread

Thank you!

Welcome Ridolma and brinah! Hope you both enjoy your time here. :smiley:

Hello, Ridolma! :slight_smile:

Howdy =D

New member here, but has been lurking this forum since one month ago :blush:
I’m Michael, 18 years, a Pixar afficionado, and proud of it =)

Nice to meet you all =)

Welcome to the boards, brina and sayurkangkung! :smiley: Hope you have a good time on here!

And just a small suggestion to one of the mods, but perhaps the name of this thread could be changed so that it’s more obvious that this is the introductory thread? To something like ‘New Members Say Hello Here!’ or something like that? Just because a lot of new people understandably seem to miss it as it doesn’t catch their eye. It’s only really a little thing anyway. :laughing:

Thanks for the warm welcome lizardgirl, i’ll enjoy my time here for sure =D

Or the mods could just have one of those nifty tool that lets you put a description under the thread title, visible to members when they browse the list of threads in each forum.

Like, I click the Members, Inc. forum, browse the list of threads there and, under each title, there’s a description underneath them (if the topic starter has typed in one) that tells me a little more about those threads. This is utilized by even the most basic forum hosts, so the Brain Trust should have no problem with installing this feature.

To explain myself a little more, I’ll give an example. The list of threads in the Members, Inc. look something like this:

Announcement: New Members’ Sub-Forum

Sticky: Hi, my name is…

Sticky: Who has the best Signature?

Sticky: Who has the best avatar?

Sticky: Official Pixar Planet Happy Birthday Thread

With the descriptions, they will look something like this:

Announcement: New Members' Sub-Forum
Brand new sub forum just for members

Sticky: Hi, my name is...
This is where you introduce yourselves, so stop posting off topic threads!

Sticky: Who has the best Signature?
Got a cool sig? Come display it here!

Sticky: Who has the best avatar?
Read the description beneath the Best Sig thread title

Sticky: Official Pixar Planet Happy Birthday Thread
Happy Birthday - you're one day closer to dying

Sorry for going off topic, but hope this is contributory to the forums.

~ Your lord and master, Flare

Welcome to sayurkangkung, brinah and Ridolma :slight_smile: ! Hope you all enjoy it here. This is the first forum I’ve ever been on, and let me tel ya, it’s been GREAT so far. Everyone I’ve met here is really nice, so I know you guys will love it here :wink: !

Also, welcome to all the new members I missed.

God Bless :slight_smile: !

Ridolma/Olivier, welcome! That’s a very unique name, sorry for asking, but are you a dude or a lady? :question: But yeah, I’m interested to know the story behind your pseudonym… see you round the boards!

brinah, would you happen to be a teenage witch? Sorry, couldn’t resist, I always think of that TV show whenever I hear the name Sabrina. Anyway, yeah, it’s cool to be a kid-at-heart! You’re gunna love it here!

Selamat datang, sayurkangkung! FYI, that is one of my favourite veggie dishes (to the uninitiated, it’s basically spinach fried in shrimp paste and chilli) Sedap banget! :wink:

Ok, I changed the name of the thread.

As far as I know not even the mods have the option to add descriptions underneath the thread titles. That’s something our site designer would have to add the option of doing, and we currently do not have a web designer.

Welcome sayurkangkung! :smiley:

Thanks a lot for the welcome =D

Violet Parr sure i will !
thedriveintheatre Glad to know that there’s another member that can speak “Bahasa” =), yup it’s a mouth watering dish xD
Hannahmation thx =)

I haven’t been on here in 4 days, but it felt like 4 years. I thought you all would be like “Were is Annarborjack, I miss him!” But when I saw my last time on here was June 27,2009, I wanted to kick myself :laughing:

FYI, I’m Malaysian-Chinese, but I do know several languages. :wink:

Well, welcome back, annaborjack! (Rhymes, doesn’t it?)

Ha ha,yes it does :laughing:
Welcomesayurkangkung!

Haha, I know what you mean, annarborjack, even a few days away from Pixar Planet seems like a lifetime. :laughing: Nice to see you back on the boards again!

Why the name, you ask? I’m not born within the period of that constellation, if that’s what you be thinking. :wink: No, the name is uniquely special to me. Two people separated at birth, meeting each other in the twine of fate; that’s its definition to me. :smiley:

Hello, one and all! Hope to meet every one of you! See you around the forums!

Welcome to Pixar Planet Gemini! :smiley:

Thanks! :smiley: Nice name you have, too. :laughing:

Welcome Gemini :slight_smile: ! Happy Fourth of July! Hope you like it here at Pixar Planet :wink: .