The Last Airbender (2010)

Doesn’t that website give you viruses?

easyly one of the WORST films of 2010, no doubt of it

Well, that’s all opionion, but for me, i completely 100% agree with that statement.

Well, I doubt anyone would argue the quality of the movie. Sure, it probably has fans somewhere on Earth, but surely even they could see where the movie fails at being good. Good doesn’t equal enjoyable, and enjoyable doesn’t equal good.

At one time the series was my favorite. Then just like what happened w/ HP the stupid movie people shortened everything and messed with the plot!!! :imp:

Yeah, I was very confused after the first 20-30 minutes. I mean, I was familiar with the series, but I was totally in for a loop when I saw it.

Yes. The show was never my favorite, but I liked it a lot better than the movie.

I’m not sure if I posted about this, but I had the “pleasure” of watching this work of cinematic garbage a few weeks ago. As a huge fan of the show, I was personally insulted by it to say the least. The effects were okay, but the rest was just painful.

Also this:
youtube.com/watch?v=UfDk3I6di5E

8D That was cool. And perfectly fitting.

Sorry to hear that they ruined it for you. A lot of my friends also said they were incredibly disappointed with the movie as well. That they could never watch the V series the same way again.

I personally wasn’t a fanatic anyway. I can still watch the show. My view of the show is unchanged. I just can’t say nice things about Hollywood or Shamalayan now. 8D

I’ll probably give Shamalayan another chance. This was just one of his worst movies, but who knows? he may surprise us with a good one in the future.

I don’t have faith on him anymore, but we are taking about the guy who made The Sixth Sense, maybe in a distance future he comes back with great ideas

Yeah, that’s true. I’m sure he will.

I personally don’t hate him, I’m just a little underwhelmed. For my hate, someone has to do something that I find personally profoundly offensive.

Out of curiousity, what has J Katz done personally to you to make you hate him?

I’m very, very disgraced with the last airbender movie. Not only am i disappointed of the show itself, but trying to put 780 minutes of the first book in 1 and a Half hours of film, and make it impressive too! Also, Aang sounds like a 40-year old pedophile, unlike the cute adorable 10 year tone he once had. Not to hurt MentalGuru’s feelings, but, i just don’t like the whole thing in general, especially with M. Night Shaymalan doing this.

What a twist!

Am I the only person that thought the martial arts in the movie looked like a joke?

See: Everything to do with Disney and Pixar. I’ve never met him, so obviously he’s never directly done anything to me.

But back to the topic. Martial arts always look ridiculous in live-action American movies, in my experience. Of course, I haven’t seen every one, but the ones I’ve seen always look that bad.

Mt best friend takes martial arts. She said that the ones they did in the movie did not look authentic.