The Little Mermaid

I’m surprised there wasn’t a topic for this already.

Anyways, I grew up with this film and I love it, Ariel especially.

Also, am I the only one who doesn’t think Prince Eric is that hot? I don’t even think his personality is that interesting. To me, he looks too much like Donnie Osmond.

I agree. The hair is a dead ringer xD

Yeah, feminists tend not to like this movie because Ariel runs away from her home and family all for a guy. Personally, I don’t have much issue with the story, but considering how bland and uninteresting Eric is, I can see how that can be wasteful for Ariel to abandon her previous life for someone so dull. :unamused:

I like the film! Yeah Ariel is a little selfish, but she’s a teenager! They all are! And wouldn’t you do anything to be happy? I would. I would want to marry my true love.

I finally saw this film for the first time last month. I’m glad I did, it was good! I’m glad I didn’t find Ariel overly rebellious or King Triton an overly “control-freak” father. They both had their reasons, and they both learned something good.

I agree LQ! I love both characters. Triton is too overlooked.

You sure she’s not a little shellfish? huh? huh? get it? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sorry… it had to be done xD

8D Excellent.