The Lorax film adaptation

We’ve got a few posters up in our cinema :slight_smile:. We have Brave ones too.

Yep. We have both of those but The Lorax poster is just a big cardboard cutout. The workers there had some kind of Lorax advertisement thing on their shirts.

Just saw the new trailer that was released today. Not bad but still doesn’t look that great.

Oh, where, where! youtube’s frantically
ETA: Hmm. I do admire the animation. And anyone who uses The Polyphonic Spree and Vampire Weekend in one trailer is awesome.
However, I feel as though I’ve watched the whole movie in this trailer :unamused:
Also, something that bugs me a little which doesn’t just apply to this movie but lots of movies, is that they’ll have characters who are quite obviously 12 or 13 and yet they cast adults in the roles? Why? Child actors have been shown capable before.
Oh, lookit!
youtube.com/watch?v=aVaLwZTIS6c

Bump!

This movie isn’t getting fantastic reviews so far, and a lot of the criticisms seem to make my doubts seem justified (stuff outside the Seuss book is weak, full of fluff/filler). :frowning: I’m not sure if I’ll see this in theaters unless I can get a cheap ticket or unless the general consensus among audience members is that it’s enjoyable. Otherwise, I’m saving it for Netflix!

I don’t play seeing this in theatres, but one day I eventually will.

Haven’t posted here in a while, but our thoughts on the film are here for all interested: onemoviefiveviews.wordpress.com/ … the-lorax/

We thought is was good, not great, and yeah, a lot of the added stuff could have been done a bit better. Still, it’s fun and for younger audiences in particular, it will be enjoyed.

Wow, I’m disappointed! I was hoping it’d at least pull in reviews about as good as Despicable Me’s. :frowning:

At first I wasn’t going to see this movie, but I changed my mind.

and I’m glad I did.

I adored it! Danny de Vito and Ed Helms were great. It was funny, colorful, and entertaining. Some of the songs were lame, but mostly they were fantastic! I defintely reccomend it!

Don’t really have that much interest in this. I’m afraid that the environmental message (If there is one) will be shoved in our faces. Kind of like in Cars 2.

No, the movie took the environmental part of The Lorax and sent it down a sewer. Cars 2 did NOT shove it in our faces. I don’t think we saw the same movie when we watched Cars 2. If ANY Pixar film shoves the environment issues in your face, it’s Wall-E. So back off on Cars 2, please. Because I really don’t see how trying to make alternate fuels look bad and then the guy who does so getting punished, is in any way comparable to a robot cleaning up an entire planet of trash with fat people walking about.

I don’t really get why people thought Wall-E was preachy. It’s really more about over reliance on technology. I don’t see it being a “Go Green” type of film.

I just saw this yesterday, i thought it was really good! The enviromental message wasnt THAT bad. And i actually liked the songs, the’re really fun and catchy and they made me feel good. But some parts of it were kinda sad.

over all, good movie. :slight_smile:

I’m a bit surprised how this movie did this weekend. I think it made 70M or so.

This movie made more than Tangled in its opening weekend! That’s ridiculous. Disney must be red in the face right now, that a Dr. Suess film could beat out one of Disney’s greats in box office earnings…

Reboot Ralph has no chance of matching that.

I didn’t think the enviromental message was pushed that hard. If you didn’t mind it in WALL-E, you won’t mind it in this movie.

For those of you who read the original book, what do you think about the Once-ler? His face is never shown in the book, just his furry green gloves. It was brave of writers to choose to show the Once-ler, because it would upset people.

I was caught of guard that he was a Hipster dressing beanpole. But I thought the character design was great, and it was a good desicion. It’s more relateable to have him as a human than a furry monster, it keeps the enivronmental message more relatable.

For those of you who’ve read the book, and not seen the movie, here’s what he looks like. Not what most were expecting, I’m sure.

Just wondering why of all the images from The Lorax you could have in your sig, you chose one that deliberately undercuts the message of the Dr. Seuss book by depicting a man actually in the process of cutting down these trees?

If you had read Narnia, you would know how offensive that image is. In the film itself, it is necessary, but really…I know you want to have an image from the newest animated film released there, but can’t you pick something that doesn’t show one of the most heart-rending aspects of the film? Or what is supposed to be heart-redning, but probably isn’t. I don’t know, I’m not watching it unless I feel the need to see more of that cute animated girl voiced by Taylor Swift.

I’m not going to bother reading the whole message, since you are usally really negative and make no sense anyway, but the first sentance is incorrect. That’s not part of my sig. My sig has nothing Lorax related.

I may be seeing this. Don’t know yet.

I felt like that too, before my friend insisted I see it. But yeah, if you ever have free time, go see it. Or wait to rent it. That’s like $10 cheaper. Either way, see it some day!