The Mike Thread

That door thing surprised me too…Wazowski would have had to sneak all those pieces out of the shredder…not to mention the door knob. He would have had to do it under the C.D.A.'s nose of course (as the shredded it themselves on order. And like many people, would doubt someone would go the lengths of repairing it all).

While that’s true, at the time Wazowski didn’t care a flip about Boo nor was he in plausible trouble at the time, so his feelings for Celia were true-blue. Later, however…

“Sulley and Mike would’ve been exiled sooner”…wonder what you meant by that…

I meant they would’ve been caught with Boo sooner without lies. Sorry if that wasn’t clear :smiley:

Ah.
Thought you were refering to Waternoose. I did find it a little weird that it WAS Wazowski who spilled the beans on all that was going on…then again they had to show that bit with Sullivan and Boo…and wouldn’t doubt Wazowski to go for a chance to get Randall fired. Too bad that Waternoose turned out to be the orchastrator.

Yeah, I actually kind of liked Waternoose before he turned out like that. He reminded me of a kind grandpa or something :smiley:

Bottom line, though, Mike is a good guy at heart.

I know Mike can be annoying sometimes with his alter-ego peronality, his love for Celia,etc, but he is very nice guy. He would do anything for his friend [spoil](he made Boo´s door again , piece by piece[/spoil]), and i like that.

Ristar, I agree. That meant a lot to Sulley, and redeemed Mike for me.

I like Mike. I think he’s funny. He can annoy me a little bit though. He is selfish, and I agree with what pitbulllady said. But on the other hand, he is loving and cares about Sully and Celia. He has faults, like everyone else, but he tries hard to overome them in the end, and he ended up saving Sully and making up with Celia.

Yes, I love his redemptions. Especially the door. <3

Mike is funny! Of course, he acts like a jerk and is cowardly when he’s on his own but you know, that’s one of the things I REALLY like about those kind of characters. Makes them more believable, you know. In real life I usually avoid such people but in animation it’s genius… because it makes them appear more ‘real’.

:sunglasses:

I agree with you Badger. I like characters with noticiable faults, that makes them seem more realistic.

I can agree with this statement, its those flaws that make him more realistic to his fans and also thus why he does have so many and you are right, in animation if a company can pull that off then it is pure genius!

I agree with this. His corwardness and attitude actually gives him more character.

I love Mike. He’s definitley the funniest character. And my second favourite character in Monsters Inc. (My favourite is Randall) Billy Crystal does such a good job playing him. I know sometimes he is a bit annoying and comes off as selfish. But for me he always redeems himself :slight_smile: x

I like Mike. He’s actually one of the ways that Pixar had influenced me on this character I was doing [url]http://maniaccomics.deviantart.com/art/Maniac-Mouse-Development-meme-171584191[/url], although it kind of has more to do with the voice than the character because when I was picturing in my head what this character may sound like Billy Crystal’s performance as Mike seemed to fit so well. I just like the sound of his voice and it’s energetic quality.

And pitbulllady made some interesting points that I certainly never thought about before.

Wow, that’s cool, Flik-E!! :slight_smile:

But everyone has faults, even cartoon characters. Mike’s still my6 2nd favorite. :stuck_out_tongue: After Sulley.

Yes, that was one of the most touching parts of the movie for me.

I love Mike. He is my second favourite character from Monsters Inc behind Sulley.
He has his faults but he has his good points too. I think he is the funniest character in Monsters Inc. So I think he is a great character.

THIS is awesome news.

Mike has to be my second favorite Monsters Inc character behind Randall. I did laugh at him at the door scene where he tries to lure Boo with a pencil to go into the woods. Its probably one of my favorite parts from the movie.

Whoa! I’m glad to hear that they’re having a great time and it’s a funny script. [spoil]I can’t wait to see what Mike looks like with a retainer![/spoil]