The Mike Thread

Exactly!! I admit he’s full of it, but those are the most humorous, ridiculous characters. They’re worth their crap :sunglasses:

No way, I like Mike more than Randall, although I still love him too. Mike is my favorite character in MI, except of course…Rozz :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I always thought Randall was, well, a jerk. I never saw why everyone defends him with their lives. :confused: I agree, Mike’s humor is way better than Randall’s anger.

Boo’s still my favorite! :sunglasses:

Mike is my favorite character in MI.

People don’t like Mike? That’s weird. I love Mike! He’s pretty funny.

She’s mine too; tied with Sulley. So cute :cry: <----happy tears.

Ok…I’ve gotta say something…
BOTH Randall and Wazowski can be jerks. Randall for his anger fuse, pride, and when he gets grouchy…Wazowski for his ego, pride, and lack of responsibility.
Yes, Wazowski can be funny. So can Randall…just when he’s not pressured.
And a reason people never see things is that they don’t take an effort to try and understand.

That’s all I’ll say, this is the Mike Topic so don’t want to bring in the “Randall crowd” as it was, just felt to address this. Figured it was better if the “olive branch” did it…

I agree, Mike is arrogant. I don’t think he’s a great person, just that he’s far too unpopular. Sorry to seem ignorant or…well, ignorant. :blush:

Nobody’s perfect, a “great” person…
As for unpopular…Wazowski probably had to deal with that personally, which is why he hangs around with Sullivan, who seems to have that popularity.
Fan-wise, he does have them, as you see here. Even some Randall fans share the same respect to Wazowski points to Mistica

It’s…alright. It happens…which is perhaps one of the reasons Randall is defended so much. He’s not given the “good guy” status like Sullivan and Wazowski so it makes it much more difficult to reach an understanding. It takes time is all…
Personally…I don’t hate Wazowski…hated what he and Sullivan did at the end…the action…but as for the person…dislike maybe, but not hate…

I understand Randall love. He’s a lizard, that’s pretty beast, and I don’t mean to offend his fan club. I just like Mike better, and thought most here don’t. Clearly, with this thread, I have once again unwittingly disproved my own point. :frowning:

…Actually, I like him morely for his hidden personality than looks. The playful locker joke, the personal moment at the sink, the fear of the inability to do anything. That part of Randall. These little tibits that show him to be a bit more than the run-of-the-mill obstacle.

chuckles Can be surprising when we were wrong on our doubts.

Yeah, especially when we feel like total nimrods…I just hope TSS doesn’t lock this. :open_mouth:

I don’t see why the mods would lock this topic, it doesn’t seem to be getting heated so I’m sure it will be fine. So without further ado, let’s get back to the topic at hand.

I actually didn’t know either but when I saw that film, I knew that her voice sounded so familiar but I shrugged it off because in Seed of Chucky, the actress plays both a live action and a voice role in it so techinically in that film she plays two characters. I figured that was where the familiarity about it came from but around the time I saw that film, it was October and so for Halloween, I watched Monsters Inc as one of my halloween films for the night and when Celia makes her first appearance I was all like “Oh my gosh, it’s Tiffany!” I looked up online about the actress Jennifer Tilly and sure enough, MI and her parts in the Child’s Play series appeared! Also, it seems that Tilly doesn’t really change her voice when it comes to roles in movies or even in voice acting, her voice just has that kind of sound to it that you know it’s her. There are some voice actors who really don’t change their voices very well so they tend to stick to their own when doing different roles. The guy who does the voice of Kronk from The Emperor’s New Groove is one example while Richard Horvitz is another.

I did originally like Mike the first time I watched the movie. I guess when I thought about it more, I grew to dislike him, but there’s no doubt that he’s a funny character in his own way, and he has some great lines. I quite like his sarcasm as well (being British and all :laughing:) so it does make me laugh when he’s ripping it out of Sulley and that sort of thing.

I really like Mike Wazowski. He was the funniest character in the movie, and quite frankly, I think that his character alone could represent the entire Monsters Inc. Movie.

And he’s my 2nd favorite MI character.

I love Mike!! :smiley: Not sure why so many people dislike him, I personally think he’s a great addition to the story, and adds an extra layer or heartwarming to the film.

I think Mike adds that element of growth to the film. He has an inner struggle (maybe even two) and he works to overcome them.

Mike! The tragic hero.

Princess-Darkness, Kronk is Patrick Warburton. And that’s actually kind of cool about Jennifer Tilly. Thanks for sharing :smiley:

Not to mention that Billy Crystal does a brilliant job at voice acting.

I just love Mike! :mrgreen: