The most under-appreciated Pixar film

My eyes are misty during that part, but loud little brothers prevent me from enjoying the contemplative quietness of it, unfortunately.

I think Wall-E was perhaps a little overrated…when it came out, y’know, how everyone was like “it’s the best film ever!”

Maybe that put a lot of people off. Not that I don’t love Wall-E, I adore it. If you know what I mean.

So did I! One of the saddest parts in any movie I’ve seen. Oh also definedancingI understand what you mean. I had a similar experience with The Lion King where I was told by tons of people it would be the best animated movie ever and while it was good, it wasn’t close to being the best ever.

I feel like A Bug’s Life is a little under appreciated. I think this is partially true because it came right after Toy Story, and it was also one of their earliest. It just never stood out that well next to Toy Story over the years, so I think some people dismissed it. However, I still think it was not one of Pixar’s greatest films, just a little underrated.

easyly Cars & A Bug’s Life, two great and superb animated films with a deep and emotional core message (specially Cars)

I see people’s list of Pixar films from Best to Worst and Ratatouille is nearly always near the bottom, or in fact the absolute bottom.

Maybe I’m prejudiced because my family used to keep rats for pets, but Ratatouille is one of the best Pixar films, not one of the worst.

I think the reason A Bug’s Life is winning this poll is that it was only the second Pixar film to come out and the only thing to compare it to then was Toy Story, and either way you look at it, A Bug’s Life doesn’t match up to Toy Story. I do not think I liked A Bug’s Life, and I’m pretty sure that’s because as I was watching it I was thinking, “This film is made by the makers of Toy Story! It’s got to be better than that, since it is is their second.” But by the end of the movie my thoughts were more along the lines of, “Eh, this doesn’t beat Toy Story. TRASH.”

Now, if I watch A Bug’s Life again, I have more to compare it to. I’m sure it’s better than Up, at least.

ABL is not trash, but it’s definitely not better than Up. :confused:

Agreed. Up is my second favorite Pixar film, and then a Bug’s Life in third. They both are very personal to me, and great films all around.

Well, imo, no Pixar film is trash. “Trash” is what I’d use to describe things like Studio Brinquido(sp?).

No one really cares how to spell Studio Brinquedo or whatever, we all know what you mean.

I completely agree. Even the Pixar film at the bottom of my list isn’t trash. :confused: I don’t like it as much, but it’s not trash. I mean, you can like/dislike whatever you want. But that doesn’t make it trash.

Agreed. My least favorite Pixar film would probably be the Incredibles or Nemo, which I hate to say because they’re both still really great movies.

My least favourite is Cars, and yet I’m still really looking forward to the sequel.

Woah, Finding Nemo is at the bottom of my list. 8D The Incredibles obviously isn’t, but I see where you’re coming from, nonetheless.

And I agree, I’m looking forward to Cars 2 as well.

I think its weird that I rank Nemo so low, I’ve seen it more times than most other Pixar films. I’ve only seen Ratatouille once, Cars three times, Wall-e about four, and Up about 5. And yet I saw Nemo in theaters 3 times, and dozens of other times once it came out on DVD, its one of the only six pixar films I have on DVD. Its not even a bad movie, and I don’t have any real complaints with it, I just can’t seem to rank it any higher.

And as great as the Incredibles is, I much prefer Brad Birds other movies, The Iron Giant and Ratatouille, even though I saw the Incredibles first and more times than either of the other two.

I see what you mean. The Iron Giant is his best movie, IMO. Just not my favorite.

Same here. Incredibles is my least favorite. It’s just that least FAVORITE. I still adore it, I like all the Pixar movies.

I could not enjoy sitting through FN for a very long time, but I’m past that now. Instead of focusing on the characters that I dislike, I pay more attention to Dory and Marlin, and I love it now. Stil at the bottom, but because I like the others more, but still like it.

Definely, I believe the most underappreciated movie is still A Bugs Life.

I’ll go with the majority on this one: The most under-appreciated one is A Bug’s Life, a great movie, specially for it’s time and the great technical advance it supposed over Toy Story.