The most under-appreciated Pixar film

I think A Bug’s Life is the most under appreciated. I don’t see people talking about it as much as other Pixar films.

I don’t really see TS3 as under appreciated. It wasn’t an instant classic"like the original, but, honestly, that’s because it wasn’t as instantly lovable and creative as the first. Besides, most people, around here at least, seem to think it’s the best Toy Story( :unamused: please…). I guess I’ll say A Bug’s Life because it’s so overlooked, though I still believe Cars is the most disliked. By far.

I’d have to say Monsters Inc, even though it’s further down on my Pixar films classification I still love it to pieces and don’t think it’s recognised as much as it should be.

Also, IMO Toy Story 3 was the best Toy Story, and my second favourite Pixar film.

Yay, I thought I was the only one who thought that TS3 was the best of the TS movies.

:slight_smile: For a while I felt that way, too.

Odd, I had come to the assumption that that was the general consensus among Toy Story fans, with some exceptions though, naturally.

I am sure there are others, but the fans I’ve talked to at least loved the movie, but still perferred the classic ones they grew up with.

For me, I’d say A Bug’s Life. It wasn’t one of my favourite Pixar films, but it deserves alot more recognition in Pixar’s library.

On posters and trailers for new Pixar films, you see something like “From the creators of Finding Nemo, Cars e.g” but A Bug’s Life is mostly ignored, As far as I know, it’s only been mentioned on trailers twice since it’s release, on the trailers for Cars and Ratatouille. But why exactly? Was it because it wasn’t as successful as other films? It can’t be. Cars wasn’t the most successful film, but that’s mentioned more often than A Bug’s Life.

I think A Bug’s Life is a great film and has that Pixar charm others films have. It has a well-written story, likeable characters, epic music score and several other great moments.

And after all, it was the first feature film Pixar made after their huge success with Toy Story.

I think the same too. :slight_smile:

It’s usually fans of other Pixar films that say TS3 is the best.

I can see why you think MI is under rated. The imbeciles at my school say Shrek is better. :open_mouth:

Shame on them! :imp: Monters Inc is 10 times better than Shrek…although shrek is still a good movie.:laughing:

I agree, and MI is way more emotional, too. I’m not a big Shrek fan.

I voted for A Bug’s Life, I feel that it’s the most underated PIXAR movie more so than Cars. I loved going to the pictures to see it along with Gerry’s Game. :smiley:

I can see your point, MI2.

I’ll probably have an angry mob after me but I like both Monsters, Inc. and Shrek equaly. :shake: The reason is that Shrek brought a twist to the fairy tale genre and it had funny adult humor too;
“Keep your feet off the grass shine your shoes, wipe your… face :smiley:
A bit embarssing to say but I didn’t see Shrek (I thought the ogre looked scary :laughing:) coincidently I instead went to see another monster movie MI which had wonderful characters and nice jazzy music (and nothing scared me apart from the chase with Waternoose at the end, honestly for an old monster he sure was fast :confused:) but I do have to say I liked MI more. :slight_smile:

Eh, I mostly dislike Shrek for the R******d Disney jokes, but I don’t expect people to agree with me, because I’m usually “wrong”. :laughing:

I’m not disagreeing, don’t worry :smiley: :smiley: But what were the jokes? I need my memory refreshed :smiley:

Their takes on Snow White, and Pinocchio. And other characters too probably.

And I heard once (I don’t know if this is true or not ) That Katzy intended Shrek to be a cairicature of Michael Eisner.

Woah, really? Is Eisner fat and green, too? :laughing:

The worst one is the Duloc song, because it has the same number of counts per measure as it’s a Small World". Disney jokes make me very mad…

Really? That joke seemed light hearted, it’s only a little joke. Not like other Disney jokes I’ve seen (ones referring to Disney as an evil corporation). I don’t even mind those ones.

I’m very sensitive in regards to Disney and Pixar, and even some DW films now. I’m kooky, I guess.