The most undesired Pixar sequel

I’m personally not wanting any more sequels/prequels than what’s currently planned. I think that’s enough for me.
But again, my mind is open if Pixar feels they really have a great story with it. I like the sequels that they have put out so far.

But at the same time, I’m infinitely more interested in new worlds, settings, characters, etc. I’m growing up fast and I want more original films before childhood is out, if that makes any sense :laughing:

I was at first put off by a second Monsters Inc film. But now I am superbly interested.

Which means one can never really know and judge beforehand!

I’m intrigued by MU, but I still am afraid.

I’m not really excited for MU, but I;ll likely see it. I won’t really be able to enjoy Pixar fully until there is an Incredibles 2. :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, I’m one of “them”. haha

But seriously, if there is a Brave 2, I agree with Spirit. I hope it’s epic, like I was excited for Brave to be. It wasn’t. haha

I think that Incredibles is best suited for a sequel too. But we all know what Brad Bird feels about sequels.

Well, actually Bird has said he’s open to the possibility and he has come with a few ideas.

What I think makes it impossible for the time being is Bird’s involvement with live-action films of his own.

Personally I’m getting freaked out with all the pixar sequels planned for the future, I’m not seeing very many original stories being made. I heard that Finding nemo 2 “might” be coming, and if it does, not sure it’s a sequel I would be happy to see.

I DO NOT want a Nemo 2. Finding Nemo is so popular already :frowning:

I don’t see how a sequel to Finding Nemo would work. If it’s basically Marlin losing Nemo again, I won’t be happy. However, I’ll have some hope if it’s something new and not a complete rehash of the original.

Well, there’s no grounds to assume that yet. I think we should chill a little until we know.

Yes, I am aware of this. I just think it’s unlikely, Bird isn’t into sequels at all, and would be picky in a story that’d be a sequel to one of his films. So yes, it’s possible, but improbable.

And I think we’re taking the Nemo sequel too literally. Trust me, I wasn’t happy when I heard about a sequel. But it doesn’t have to be about Nemo being lost again. (ie it doesn’t have to be a The Hangover syndrome). The story might be about something entirely different, and the title could be changed to suggest otherwise.

Haha, Nemo gets lost… again. This time, in the Gulf of Thailand. :slight_smile:

Ugh… The Hangover Part II :shake:

I’ve never seen a sequel which is such an exact replica of the original. It’s rare that it happens, so I’m sure it won’t be the case with Finding Nemo.

I see that brought back bad memories! haha

I assume FN2 will be different. I just am not excited for it.

Interesting concept! :laughing:

Sorry to bring on such memories you guys! It was the only example I could think of (further proving Spirit’s point that movies that are replicas are so rare). So the whole “Nemo being lost” thing isn’t a concern of mine.

I guess Wall-E and Ratatouille are the only ones left that REALLY can not have sequels. That would be awful. I doubt Ratatouille would anyway, I think Patton Oswalt wouldn’t agree.

Agreed, but I would include Up in that list. In fact, I think it’s even hardest to come with a sequel to that one.

A Bug’s Life 2 - it’s been too long and many of the key actors have passed. :frowning: Plus, I doubt John Lasseter would direct it and he’s the only one who ought to be anyway.
Finding Nemo 2 - hard to come up with a story. But if Pixar has one, then by all means…proceed. :wink: (I still don’t know how true this is! :blush: )
The Incredibles 2 - oops, never mind. This would actually be a spectacular - no, INCREDIBLE - sequel! :stuck_out_tongue: But if it shall exist, only Brad Bird ought to direct. I really only prefer when the directors of the originals return for the sequels, at least in Pixar’s case.
Ratatouille 2 - actually doable, I think, but can it be done well? Likely not, unless it’s done with the utmost expertise perfection possible! - since that’s what the first one is anyway. But otherwise, I don’t think so. :unamused: Fanfics are a nice resort, though.
WALLE 2 - I wouldn’t recommend it. WALLE and EVE had a nice love story. There’s nothing wrong with leaving it at that, am I right? :stuck_out_tongue:
Up 2 - How? Though I always wondered what it would be like for Dug to take center stage and prove something to the rest of the world with the help of Carl and Russell. For fanfics, of course!
Brave 2 - Also doable, but it needs both time and…well, reconsideration. Let Brave bask in it’s glory before Pixar can come up with another story… :nerd:

If an idea’s so simple that it would not make a good sequel, I’m positive they won’t make it, but the instant Pixar officially announces one…well, that’s when I know they’ve found a way! I’ll root for whatever sequel they actually make.

Yes, I agree.

I too agree with the general consensus that Up would be super difficult to make a sequel. WALL-E and Ratatouille could have sequel potential (I pray to God that it never happens), but if they did one for Up I’d be inconsolably upset.