The Pixar Planet homepage crashes my browser.

After viewing the PP home page for a few seconds, it locks up my browser, and then crashes. I use FireFox.

I’m using FireFox right now, as well. Not crashing anything, but it does seem slower than usual… :confused:

Yeah it does that for me it like pauses for a couple seconds and then it works for me. I use Internet Explorer.

That does seem strange. I use Internet Explorer and so far I haven’t had any problems whatsoever.

I use firefox and am having no problems - the site is tested for Firefox and Internet Explorer compatibility. Could’ve been your ISP having troubles or our server hiccupping, I guess – does it happen every time or just that time?

I’m using Firefox, and it seems to handle it okay, just quite slow.

Which version of Firefox are you using, Rachel? I built it in version 2, so there shouldn’t be any problems with that, although it’s the PC version, it’s not been fully tested for Firefox on Mac.

I use Firefox version 2 on Windows Vista. It crashes every time, after a few seconds. Even when I switch over the Internet Explorer, it will crash about 50% of the time.

Hmm, I’ve tested Firefox Version 2 on Vista and it’s working fine for me, and in IE7, too. There’s quite a lot to load, graphically as well as the sounds – are you on dial-up? I think it’s likely to be the sounds that are causing the problem, it might be trying to look for something to play them on that you don’t have. I want to find a better way of incorporating them into the site, anyway, so I’ll see if I can fix it for you!

Hmm. I use Internet Explorer and don’t seem to have any problem(s) with the program. Odd…

I hope you solve the problem soon, rachel!

– Mitch

Same here. Nothing is wrong with mine either

No, I have broadband. My browser also crashes if there is a Quicktime video on the page, or a pdf document. Quite annoying. It’s ok - I’ll just have to use Internet Explorer shudder every time I want to view the homepage.

rachel - What’s wrong with Internet Explorer? Viruses?

Hmmm. I haven’t exactly thought about viruses in regards to using IE, but it’s security updates aren’t as frequent as with Firefox. You can read here for more info.

It’s just that Firefox is so easy to use. Once I changed over to Firefox, I haven’t looked back. I have found that anyone who uses the Internet a lot, and knows about computers, tends to use FF.

To put in one word it would be that Firefox is more intuitive than Explorer. And the fact that it is made by Microsoft, means that they have more of an interest in directing you to their services, rather than giving you a smooth browsing experience: for example, Explorer’s default search engine is MSN, which isn’t exactly the most efficient search engine. To change it to Google, it was just a lot harder than it should have been.

If you wanted to test FF out you can do so here.

[url]http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/[/url]

FF also copies your bookmarks so you don’t lose them. I can recommend some really good add-ons, too. :smiley:

rachelcakes - win! Internet Explorer has a lot of security bugs and it also compiles bad code (like allowing the scrollbar to change colour). In fact to make a site compatible with IE and Firefox you need to have a special set of instructions just for IE usually - it’s crap!

rachel - Ahh – I see. So it is, overall, a more compatible and reliable system than Internet Explorer. Interesting indeed. I almost feel like switiching – heh.

Thanks for the information! I can’t believe I never bothered to explore the possibilities/backround of Firefox before-hand… :smiley:

– Mitch

Haha, Firefox is the best browser around. It’s really handy for coding especially because you can download a web developer toolbar which gives you the ability to turn on and off certain things, like Javascript and CSS, to see how your site will look without them. I’ve also got del.icio.us and StumbleUpon add-ons, so if I like a site, I can just press a button and it adds it to my account.

You can really customize your browser easily with Firefox, and it is much more secure than IE, and it handles code much better than IE, too!

Everyone get Firefox, make my job easier! :-p

Mell_O_Drama - Man, you’re making me feel guilty for using Internet Explorer! :laughing:

Mell_O_Drama - Add me to the list of people you’ve made fell guilty. :laughing:

same here.