The Princess and the Frog

I went to Cafe du Monde too! I couldn’t finish my benigets, their so filling!

Okay, I’m jealous. I have always wanted to try benigets.

Just saw the movie this morning, and I LOVED it!

Am I the only one who likes Tiana more as a frog?

I sort of did too—she became more flexible, in multiple senses. :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed it!

Just noticed that the frogs doesn’t appear to have flippers.
But I guess they can’t prepare food without individual fingers.

I dunno about Tiana but I do like Naveen better as a frog. :wink:

I just think Tiana and Naveen are s mean to each other. I know that gets less through the movie, but it bothers me. In most movies like that they’re mean, but not that much. I don;t know.

They do bicker a little much for my liking.

My mother likes Tangled more than The Princess and the Frog, but I like both movies anyway.

I actually really like this movie. It’s the only recent Disney film I didn’t see it in theaters, since my family didn’t think it would be anything more special than the other ones. These days, if I don’t beg my parents, we miss films like Wreck-It Ralph (which I’m glad did not happen), or this!

I barely bought this and watched it last year for the first time. I guess I should say that while I enjoy a few other Disney films a little more than this one, this is still really good. So much that I want to like it more. The single best thing about it is that there is no single best thing about it, to me. I mean, it probably captures the classic Disney feel the best than any other recent Disney film, which I think was it’s main goal. The story was good and the characters moved things along very smoothly. The New Orleans feel was new and refreshing, too. For a light-hearted story, it was also pretty dark at times, but in a very classical way. Also, I’m a sucker for Randy Newman’s music, and while his music is not conventionally Disney, it is rather necessary in this film. I hope more future Disney 2D films can capture this feel.

I like the movie. Saw it a few weeks ago on TV.
I was surprised how much it meant to me since then. The old Disney-feeling came back to me, I may have cried, but my sister was watching it with me so I don’t wanted to. But the old magic of Disney was near to me during the movie - that felt SO DAMN GOOD!

I’m happy you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

I enjoyed your guys’ posts and that you liked this film! I adore it, I still watch it every now and then. I was excited to see it ever since I heard it was to come out, and on opening night I saw it with a large group of my friends. And then 6 months later, I went to New Orleans for a Mission Trip.

Such good memories of such a magical movie.

I love this movie. I especially like Dr. Facilier.

Oh yeah, he is one of my favorite villains.

I liked him. He had Keith David’s voice, and he has the best song in the movie IMO. also love Charlotte.

To be honest, the first time I saw this, I thought it would be a little bit better, (something I usually think when I watch movies by myself!) After that, though, I thought it was fun to look at and most of the characters were pretty pleasant! I sort of expected to fit in with the Renaissance films at first, but now I think it’s “mind” fits better with the newer Disney films. It looks totally different than the current CG Disney films, but has a similar feel in the journey and the characters’ thought processes if that makes sense (in a way)
 The differences that confused me at first, I now quite like.

I know what you mean. I was SO excited for this movie! I thought it was Disney’s come back. So when I saw it, I was like “Really? That
that’s it? That’s the new traditionally animated Disney movie. This is the return.” I assumed it would be the Little Mermaid basically, and bring Disney back into modern culture. This happens to me a lot, especially with animated films. I expect certain things based on perceptions or what others say. For the same reason I was sorely disappointed by this movie though, I was thrilled with Tangled and Brave! I felt cold and sort of betrayed by this movie(yeah I’m sure that sounds like over reacting and it doesn’t make sense, but I was really under whelmed) and thought Tangled would be the exact same, and stopped anticipating Tangled. But when I saw Tangled, I was amazed. By everything. I was also impressed with Brave, going in with very low expectations. Now I see Tangled as Disney’s “return” or “third coming”, and PatF as The Black Cauldron, an underwhelming box office performance, ultimately causing Disney to do a 360.

Sorry if that was off topic. I still stand by Dr. Facilier and Charlotte though, they’re my favorite characters in this movie and they both seem pretty over looked to me.

I get where you’re coming from. It’s my least favorite Disney film from the Robinsons to Ralph era, but I do enjoy it.

Yes, both Dr. Facilier and Charlotte are great! I like the characters in general. Sometimes they feel like Disney “imitation” characters, but they do get to stand out on their own a lot.

You sound like you have the same sentiments as I do. I have mellowed out, and do like this movie more now. But I doubt I’ll ever love it like the others since 2007 or praise it as the return of Disney regardless.