The Princess and the Frog

This is a pretty groundbreaking year for animation:

We’ve got:

An old man and an Asian kid as the main characters in a Western animation; something that hasn’t been done before to my knowledge. (Up)

A subversive twist on the cliched plot of humans being the heroes of an alien invasion. (Battle for Terra)

A similar tale of human invasion on foreign planets, except the humans are friendly and the aliens act like us. (Planet 51)

A pantomime love story between two prehistoric squirrels. (Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs)

A sci-fi post apocalyptic tale featuring sack people and mechanical monsters. (9)

An animated film from Singapore that actually looks for once like a big-budget Hollywood production. (Kung Fu Gecko)

And Disney’s first traditionally-animated film in years with an epic story set in New Orleans and featuring a black princess. (The Princess and the Frog)

The rest are pretty much sequels (Happily N’Ever After 2: Snow White Anothe Bite @ the Apple), genre spoofs (Monsters Vs. Aliens) and book-to-film adaptations like Coraline, Where the Wild Things Are, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Fantastic Mr. Fox, but they’re all good in their right, I guess.

It’s good to know that Hollywood is opening up…

I’m seeing this JUST for 2D. :smiley:

Are you guys excited for the FULL trailer premiere before Up? Or did you want to see a Toy Story 3 one instead?

Both are fine with me, although I am a little more excited about the long overdue return of 2D animation at this point. :smiley:

I did. :frowning:

I was gonna post this, but you beat me to it, woody! :slight_smile:
Yes! Yes! Yes! I’m so excited to see TPATF! I think they’re doing like what they did last year with WALL-E/Bolt. Disney getting some airtime on Pixar’s side… hur.
But, yes, I am so pumped! Are you ready? Cos’ I am. It’s about time!

Isn’t The Bear and the Bow in 2D, also?

YES! :smiley: I don’t know what I’m more excited for, The Princess and the Frog trailer or Up. Only 32 more days. :smiley:

For me, Up.

Oh, yes, of course! We must not forget the main event itself! I guess I’m excited for both equally! :smiley:

I friggin’ can’t wait for this movie.

Hopefully they make more movies like this. Kingdom Hearts can’t redeem the mouse alone.

I heard they were supposed to make a Kingdom Hearts movie in 2007.

After seeing the trailer, I could only say… meh

I’m not convinced it’ll be great.

I hope it is.

I respect your opinions, but I gotta say, this does have the formula for awsomeness. :laughing: It’s pretty much the same stuff as Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid, plus it’s got the same directors of Mermaid. What more could you ask for?

I may not know much about the movie, but I seriously can’t wait for this movie.

One thing I just want to point out, though it may lean off-topic, is that people are making a big deal that this is Disney’s first black princess, yet they seem to forget that in Hercules, there were black goddesses. Just saying…

That’s true, bright dot-dasher, though they weren’t really the main characters (though they did have a pretty sizeable part) and they weren’t really goddesses, just nymphs.

I am looking forward to this movie, because hopefully it will be a good turning point for Disney, but I’m still undecided as to whether or not I’ll actually go and see it in the cinema.

If you guys head over to the official website now, you’ll see the logo has changed! :smiley:

Old logo:

New logo:

If you ask me, I prefer the original logo, but the new one looks ‘cuter’. :wink:

I don’t really know, they look pretty much the same to me, except for the new logo looks a lot more polished and “professional”. Any news of this is getting me so excited! :smiley: I can’t believe the trailer is going to be two and a half minutes long! It’s a dream come true! :smiley: