The Sims

CC stands for custom content. People make clothes and stuff for Sim games and you can download them and add them to your game. I forgot to take pictures in my game. Next time I have to remember. I’ll just explain what happened. Well I played about 2 families. One I don’t remember the other one was a girl named Florence. She owns a restaurant and the restaurant is so popular. And on her own house she has a flower business. She makes flowers and sells them. And also I adopted a Kitten and called it Kitty. It is white with blue eyes. That is all I did when I played.

Ohhh! I may have to check that out when I get my game then. Cool! I especially like the flower shop and kitten bit! That’s so cute! I forgot to ask last time- since you can have kids in Sims 3 (right?) does that mean your character ages? Do they ever die? Or do they just remain the same age?

I need to try and get some more PSN trophies on this game. :laughing:

You can have kids in Sims 3. Your character does age. Yes they do die. You can make them to stay one age for the rest of the game.

Hey guys does anyone want to do this challenge with me? I have started the challenge yesterday. What you have to do is: You have to have Apartment Life for Sims 2. You have to put at least 10 apartments in your city. And every apartment has to be filled up with people. No rooms left over. Now how many days you need t accomplish this is 3-4 days. Now if you can’t it doesn’t matter. Because I just wanted to make the game interesting.

Hope you like the Idea.
Now you just post when you started.

Did you get Sims 3? MissCarrera Because it is you BD! Tell us how it is. :stuck_out_tongue: 8D

I’ve started to build some Ponyville buildings in a blank Sims 3 world… hopefully I’ll get around to building my own Ponyville and filling it with Simmified versions of the Friendship is Magic ponies!
So far I’ve done the Town Hall, the Sweet Apple Acres barn, the Day Spa, the Schoolhouse and the Books and Branches Library / that place where Twilight lives.

Of the five of them I’m most happy with the barn. The library and town hall are slightly bigger than they are in the show but that’s because everything’s bigger on the inside in those buildings. :unamused:
The library took forever to do. I had to actually put 5 trees inside the top floor to get the top of the building right, but I think it looks pretty good!

Nice job I love the Library.

Those are great! And yup, I got the game!!! :smiley: I created a family just like mine, and added my grandparents to the house, so there is 6 people in the household! Oh my gosh! There is so much going on all at once! I really like it so far, and I know there are still TONS of possibilities I haven’t even yet discovered. I figured the age thing out but I have a few more questions if you don’t mind…

1. If your Sim gets pregnant will the game notify you right away? How many tries does it usually take?
  2. Can you build an upstairs?
  3. Where is the best place to meet new people?
  4. Any tips for making fast money?
  5. Can teenagers eventually move out to go live with another partner?
  1. Usually if your sim’s pregnant you’ll hear the first few notes of ‘Rock-a-bye Baby’ after they’ve finished… their wrestle of love. After a day or so she should get a baby bump and change into maternity clothes, and the game should notify you that a baby’s on the way. She’ll usually also get morning sickness before the bump arrives, so if she’s bent over the toilet you’ll know there’s a baby coming.
    I’m not sure how many tries it should take… usually my female sims get pregnant the first or second try. Just make sure you’ve clicked ‘try for baby’ instead of ‘woohoo’, because it will greatly increase the chances of success!

2. Yep! Click the button of the roof to the left of the Buy Mode button, or press ‘Page Up’ on your keyboard to get to the next building level. You can build up to 5 storeys high.

3. Probably either the central park or the pool. The park usually has a bunch of sims wandering around, and there are facilities to play chess or cook up a barbecue to get to know them better. The pool is on a smaller lot, but there’s still a heap of sims in it so you don’t need to walk as far to meet new people.

4. Get a job from the newspaper or computer, just make sure it lines up with their traits - a virtuoso would do much better in the Music career than the Science one. The next thing to do is pretty much work and work until you get some promotions happening. Pay attention to the Job section on the main bar (it’s the third ‘tab’, the one with a man sitting at his desk), it’ll tell you how close you are to being promoted/fired and it also has the goals you need to achieve before you can be promoted.
    The other way to make money is to build up one of the creative skills - guitar, painting and writing. Good guitar players can play for tips on public lots (the park’s a great place for this) and writers and painters can sell their finished works. The pay’s not all that great to start off with but if you keep building it up, you can get some serious money from it. Top paintings sell for around §2000, and some epic novels make even more. Typically you’ll get less money for a book than you would a painting, but with writing you’ll also get royalties for the next six weeks! So if you need some quick money I’d suggest buying an easel and painting your heart out, but if you wanted more money spread out over a few weeks, buy a computer and start writing!
    [size=50]or you could cheat by holding down Ctrl+Shift+C and entering ‘motherlode’ to get a quick §50,000.[/size]

5. That’s one of the more confusing parts of The Sims 3 - yo can only actually play one family at a time. Once your teenage sim grows into a Young Adult, they can use the computer to find a new house. I’m not sure if you can move them in with a partner… you’ll have to try that one out. You’ll get the option to choose who moves with them from their household, as well as which family to make the ‘active’ one. The ‘active’ family’s basically just the one that you play, so make sure to select your sim moving out to be the active family. You can then choose a lot or a house to move them into, and voila!
    If you want to change back to your old family for whatever reason, just click on the menu button and select ‘Edit Town’. Once you’ve saved the game and are back in the neighbourhood view, click on the button to the very top left of the bar, the one with two houses. You’ll get a warning - if you’ve promised any wishes for your sims they’ll be cancelled when you change households. Accept and you’ll be taken back to the main menu. Click the ‘select household’ option, choose the family you want to play and you’ll be zoomed into their house!

Hopefully that answered the questions! 8D If you’re ever stuck in the game there are heaps of tutorials and forums you can go to to find help. One of the best forums (in my opinion) would be the Snooty Sims one - [url]http://www.snootysims.com/forums/index.php[/url] There’s a forum dedicated to asking and answering questions, so you should be able to get some help there!
There’s also a ton of resources and information at the main Snooty Sims website - http://www.snootysims.com - if you click on ‘infocenter’ on the navigation bar, there are pages and pages of information on various parts of the game.

I say the same as Draik. Does anyone still play Sims 2? I might play today.

I won’t play today because we are going some where very soon. I will play tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I especially found the part about moving out helpful. I will be sure to check out that site, and your answers were loads of help! :smiley:

I am going to play. I am for sure. Or am I? :smiling_imp:

I didn’t play, but I will play NOW!! 8D Anything new in anyones game?

Oh, lots! I’m loving Sims 3! I recently got married and my husband and I are building our own house. We decided to move out from my original house a little too early, so we were pretty much living at the gym since the house wasn’t livable yet. :laughing: I finally have some furnishings in it now though so we can live there, and we are currently trying to get pregnant. I got the fertility bonus thing so I’m hoping to get twins. :laughing:

Oh awesome. I hate myself really, why is because I never played Sims when I said I would and I still haven’t. :imp: :angry:

LOL! Well, that’s too bad! Maybe soon you’ll get the chance. I tend to get addicted and over-play if I get the chance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Once I play it I can’t stop. And I haven’t still played. I play ZT 2 instead. :smiling_imp:

I know what you mean! I got hooked on it and played almost every day after I first got it. The last two days are the only ones I haven’t played it yet. 8D And even now I’m consider playing again tonight if I get the chance. :sunglasses: That’s what I find with simulation games, since they are almost never-ending and you never truly ‘beat’ them it is hard to stop. :laughing:

Yeah you are right. I don’t think I am going to play today. :smiling_imp: 8D