The Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge Out of Water

That trailer looks unfinished, if it is real I mean. But then again, it’s just a teaser, as you said.

I can’t believe how long the show has been running, considering most kids channels usually put a cap on how many episodes they’ll make.* I liked the first movie, and the first three seasons. But I don’t like the later episodes. Probably because all of the original crew left. I hope that this movie will be the end of the show, and will hopefully be better than the recent episodes.

*Then again, Nickelodeon tried like, 3 times to end Fairly Odd Parents and it just won’t die.

^^LOL at your FOP comment

I want this to end the series, but it probably won’t. Spongebob makes too much money for Nick to end it, no matter the quality. I’m still feeling the effects of the 502 HOUR Spongebob marathon that aired in the UK. Nick will continue to sell out the series until it makes no more money. 'Tis capitalism.

Wait, in 3D? Just… no. The first SB movie was good, but that had a lot to do with the fact they thought the series was ending, so they went all out. This HAS to signal the end of SB. 15 years is an incredibly long time for a TV show, especially a kid’s show. I’ll be sad when it ends, but it’s been a good run. Just put it out of its misery.

Pleeease, no second Spongebob movie! :open_mouth:

According to a rumor I heard on another forum, the plot involves Gary’s food bowl going missing, and Spongebob and Patrick have to go find it. Yeah, whatever…

That is so lame.

Well, I wasn’t expecting a high-class story, but I’m hoping that’s just a joke.

Surely they could do better than that.

I didn’t see the first movie. I’ve never even seen the show, which is mostly because I’ve never had cable. On top of all that, though, I’ve never really had any interest in any of it, let alone this next movie. But it does sound like it would be a good way to end the show officially, I think.

Never had cable? Huh. Not saying that’s a bad thing, just never heard of anyone not having it before.

Wow, it looks like I am the only one is gonna see this when it comes out. It will likely suck, but I love Spongebob, some of the newer episodes have actually made me laugh, so I can’t just not see it.

Honestly, I’ll most likely see it when it comes out as well. I used to love SpongeBob when i was little (I still do actually), and I’m actually kind of looking forward to it.

I heard it’s going to be directed by Stephen Hillenberg, the original creator. (is that how you spell his name?) I think the new movie will be as good as the older episodes!

That’s good news. Well, we likely won’t get any news on this movie for a long time. It doesn’t come out till November 14, 2014. I predict we won’t get trailers or info for the movie till around spring time next year.

No one has posted on here since June, and since June the film was delayed from November 14th, 2014 to February 13th, 2015, so we have about a year until this movie is released! The movie is said to have some live action sequences, and here is a set photo featuring Antonio Bandreas as a pirate:

Official Teaser Poster (yes, this is real)

Here’s the trailer!
[url]THE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS MOVIE: SPONGE OUT OF WATER | Teaser Trailer | International English - YouTube

I actually really like the style of the characters in CGI. Like, they totally look like them, instead of being a realistic “reboot” that falls too much in the uncanny valley but of which Hollywood seems rather fond of. Like the Smurfs and the Chipmunks. I’m glad they stayed very true to the original designs here, it looks wonderful.

I’m also glad that people generally think the same about it, 'cause it actually looks kinda cool!

(I also find it really confusing to hear Spongebob in English. I’m just so used to the Dutch voices. :stuck_out_tongue:)

I also greatly appreciate the approach the character’s CGI appearances; it’s actually very refreshing to see, and retains the incredibly “flat” and erratic movements of the characters. :slight_smile: That being said… I’m not totally sure what to think so far. I’ve never been a fan of “CG characters in the real world” movies and I feel like critics aren’t, either. That being said I have hopes for it, again, if anything just because the animation is so well-handled.

I guess it is than. But, let’s all compare movies to the phantom menace. They can’t possibly suck that much.

This was an…interesting film. It was very trippy, to say the least. The group I saw the film with was mixed in regards to how they felt about it.

I personally really enjoyed it. It was fresh, funny. And I personally am really into surreal animation, which this movie had quite a bit of surprisingly. Was it a brilliant film? No. Was it a fun and creative film? Heck yeah!