The Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge Out of Water

I hope it fails miserably, then. Though I doubt it very seriously.

It might be a moderate success with kids. I could see it making as much as the first one.

I don’t see mcuh people are age seeing it unless it’s like it wa sback when it was new. We don’t wanna watch 2 hours of Spongebob crying over something. I’m sure there will be some kids bugginf their parent’s to take them to the movie, bless their souls. I would like to see a Danny Phantom movie if they out some good work into it.

I think that series has ended for a few years now. Though, it would be cool if Butch Hartman decided to bring it back and do something with it. Anyway, I wonder what this Spongebob feature will be about.

I was actually planning a live-action Danny Phantom movie a while back, but it’s kind of fell by the wayside. I never even wrote a script for it…

:laughing: I love Spongebob, but the newer episodes have gone hill lately. Since the movie is supposed to come out in Late 2014, maybe in Late 2013 they can end the series and after the episode play a teaser for the movie which will be a true conclusion to the series.

Official teaser poster:

I saw it in theaters.

That’s a fake poster, as it was made on deviart.

No its offical, here is a comment from the poster in the comment section:

Amigo, ese póster lo realize yo para Cine1.com.ar saludos.

PD: No es Oficial!!!

Translation:

Dude, that poster I Realize what to Cine1.com.ar greetings.

PS: It is Official!

I have very mixed feelings about this. I’m a die-hard fan of the first three seasons of SpongeBob, and the first movie was also great, but it’s kind of gone downhill from there. It seems there aren’t as many jokes in the show for adults as their were before, and it’s almost like the writers are trying too hard to make SpongeBob and Patrick stupid and sometimes obnoxious. There are still great new episodes from time to time, but there’s no consistency of quality like there was before.

Let’s hope the second movie has the quality of the first movie and the first three seasons, not of the current show.

why

My day. It is…SOILED!!!

I…whoa. O_o

I kind of can’t believe this is actually happening. I mean, I know the series is immensely popular but it’s crazy to think that over a decade later, it’s still going strong like this—especially considering the quality of it hasn been declining steadily. :confused:

Someone should get rid of the question mark since the movie is confirmed.

Here is the possible first official trailer. Someone on another video of the trailer it was posted on Paul Tibbits Twiiter account last October so its real. It’s a not very good trailer, but it’s really just a logo trailer and it confirms that teaser poster I posted earlier is real.
[url]The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out of Water - Official Trailer (2015) - YouTube

But I am a little suspicious cause if the poster and trailer are real, why aren’t there any news articles on it, and why aren’t they being shown in theaters? Also, why doesn’t IMDB have them? Maybe it got posted but nobody knows cause Paul Tibbit is just an animator on the show nobody really knows and cares about. But you’d think Nick would of said something, or posted it more officially? So that trailer is most likely fake, but it very well could be real.

I hope this movie ends the series. I mean, it’s one of my favorite cartoons (mainly just the first 4 seasons, but there are exceptions), but it has definitely run it’s course. I hope the movie is good as well, but it needs to tie everything up and be the finale.

That trailer looks unfinished, if it is real I mean. But then again, it’s just a teaser, as you said.

I can’t believe how long the show has been running, considering most kids channels usually put a cap on how many episodes they’ll make.* I liked the first movie, and the first three seasons. But I don’t like the later episodes. Probably because all of the original crew left. I hope that this movie will be the end of the show, and will hopefully be better than the recent episodes.

*Then again, Nickelodeon tried like, 3 times to end Fairly Odd Parents and it just won’t die.

^^LOL at your FOP comment

I want this to end the series, but it probably won’t. Spongebob makes too much money for Nick to end it, no matter the quality. I’m still feeling the effects of the 502 HOUR Spongebob marathon that aired in the UK. Nick will continue to sell out the series until it makes no more money. 'Tis capitalism.

Wait, in 3D? Just… no. The first SB movie was good, but that had a lot to do with the fact they thought the series was ending, so they went all out. This HAS to signal the end of SB. 15 years is an incredibly long time for a TV show, especially a kid’s show. I’ll be sad when it ends, but it’s been a good run. Just put it out of its misery.

Pleeease, no second Spongebob movie! :open_mouth:

According to a rumor I heard on another forum, the plot involves Gary’s food bowl going missing, and Spongebob and Patrick have to go find it. Yeah, whatever…