The Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge Out of Water

I agree. I don’t like the movie, or any episodes since. The movie ruined everything with its randomness and unSpongebobyness.

I love the movie, but agree about everything that came after wards.

I won’t say the movie is bad, just that I dislike it. Don’t you think it was really different from the show in a way?

It was very different, but thats okay with me, because it was a movie. I don’t like that they brought the show back, and ignored the ending that the movie gave it. The scenes in the credits of spongebob as manager was the perfect conclusion to the series.

I like the movie, I take that back. The songs are great!

The original is one of those kinds of movies I know I shouldn’t enjoy but somehow do. :laughing: It does have an odd feel to it, though, that seems really different from the actual episodes. The series seemed to take a downward slope a bit afterwards…still watchable, but not as great or memorable. And I really don’t think it needs a sequel.

Definitely the best part was the live action David Hasselhoff. :laughing: It was such a Big Lipped Alligator Moment, even for Spongebob!

Spongebob Squarepants was about someone who’s noticably different from others, and okay with it. That’s why kids loved it: they could relate to Spongebob. He wasn’t normal, but he embraced it and had FUN.

That’s why the show was a success.

After the beginning of season 4, they started to make Spongebob less and less intelligent until he was a moron. That not only VIOLATES everything the character was once about, but it says “HEY SPONGEBOB’S A WEIRDO AND STUPID. WEIRD PEOPLE ARE STUPID.”

So they took something amazing with some form of message and completely reversed the message into a HORRIBLE lesson. Now why does that sound so familiar?

If it was released now, and with the new Spongebob…
(it’d be in my opinion a bad movie).
But if it was the end of Spongebob, that could be good and bad. Bad being the end of Spongebob (but, again), good being the end of Spongebob. The series was great first three seasons, but it’s really popular on Nickelodeon with loads of timeslots, had a lot of merchandise, and the new series (in my opinion) sucks.

That’s why i wanna say about the show. It was good cartoon and i totally hooked with the show after enjoy it’s funny storyline and stuffs of cartoon character in starting season episodes. It was good until it’s season 4. But after that show become boring to me. But i love all movies of this funny series. Movie 2 is quite interesting and funny. But i don’t now like the show.

First of all, I freaking loved the first movie. I’m even more suprised to find out that it’s turned into some sort of a cult hit, but I’m not complaining, being a fan of a cult movie makes you feel more special for liking it.

Anyway, as far as I’m concerned a second movie could be decent, but I really don’t want one to be made. Obviously if a movie was being produced they’d get professional writers to make it feel more like quality-entertainment than the unmentionable scum that the show is from Season 4 onwards. Even if it was better than the first, I would still dislike it for being made. Naturally, every cartoon that could make a potentially great Nickelodeon movie has been cancelled, or is over. No offence to The Fairly Odd Parents, but that show’s pretty much gone down-hill as well (even if the newer episodes are better than the ones that aired around the same time Poof was first introduced).

-All opinions, aside ;-p

I LOVE Spongebob. If you saw my room, you would know that instantly! And even though the show has went downhill starting sometime during season 5, I don’t wanna see it end. It’s like the Simpsons. Although it’s not what it use to be, I don’t want to see it end either. I can’t imagine a world without new episodes of each show. What’s funny is that the Spongebob movie wasn’t that great to me. I was looking forward to it since the show was so good at that point, but I couldn’t get into the movie. Like someone else said, it felt different from the show. Now when it comes to the Simpsons, I was skeptical from the get go about the movie. At that point, the show didn’t have many good episodes during a season in years (although it’s gotten better since it’s went HD during season 20 IMO), so I didn’t think they could pull off a whole movie. But I LOVED the movie. As far another Spongebob movie, I hope they don’t do it. Most of the special episodes that are longer than the usual 11 minute episodes aren’t that good IMO. I can’t see them pulling off a movie.

I think they should have a second one soon, but it should end the series. The original movie was gonna do that, but Nick wanted more and we all know what happened to Spongebob after that.

I love this cartoon and have enjoyed it’s all episodes and movies. Although tv show rate slowly low after season 4 and my interest of enjoying episodes from Spongebob slowly drop down after it’s season 4, but i always looks excited for enjoy the it’s movies. Movie 2 of this brilliant cartoon was awesome. I like it and enjoyed twice. And now i hope we have some new movies in 2011.

All opinions are validated.

the first movie was awesome. but now that spongebob is basically as idiotic as patrick? no.

UGHHH SPONGEBOB WHAT HAPPENED MAN.

Patrick being an idiot is what made Spongebob (the character) unique and the Straight Guy, but now that they’re both idiots, we should just call the show Two Idiots.

I agree Spongebob was smart back in the day now he is a numskull…Also did anyone notice his voice got even higher pitched then it already was after season 4…

I have noticed that!

Has anyone also noticed they don’t talk about karate as much.

They still do they even recently had a Episode where Patrick was like a chop master and chopped up the whole city.