The Traitor Game Application/Discussion/Enquiries Thread

Wboon Ohhhhhh…duh. ;-o

WBoon - Ah. So it will be carried out in a story-telling format then? Neat! I’m all for it!

Aw, gee. Well, thank you very much, WBoon! I’m surprised that you liked my example. It’s not one of my finer fictional paragraphs. Story-wise, I haven’t written much of anything in a long while. I have created quite a few of my own, personal tales, though, so sure! I would love to help you out in editing the story.

:smiley:

– Mitch

I’ve played this in real life!

you mean like for real…ohhh…you must have been real lucky to still be here.

I agree with the kidnapped idea. I mean if players were killed off, how would they appear in another game? Ressurection? ^-^ jking.

So would this first one be considered a preliminary? Sorta to ease into it? I mean I’m guessing that each player gets an introducing bit, but how they all come together would be confusing. I mean heh heh is this a game for us or the “characters”? :slight_smile:
And how’s the dedication level?

WALL-E: Ooh, then you’ll love this game. Are you in or out?

Whoa! Slow down there! I never expected for this to attract so much attention! :laughing:

Mitch: Thanks for accepting, I will be sure to PM you the details once this is approved and once the game is ready for initiation.

Nexas: Actually, in the original Traitor Game (I’ve based this off another Traitor Game in another message board), characters entered in the game are not really killed off; just virtually - sorta given an appearance of death kinda thing. Once the game is over, they would be - yes, you can say, resurrected - and returned to their home universe. Thus, they were able to return for other games in the future.

Also, they are gathered by the host from different universes (whether it is the “Toy Story” universe, the “Finding Nemo” universe, etc.), meaning that the host would have some methods of transporting these characters from those universes to where the game is held, whether through his god powers or advanced technology (the latter was used by Batman once).

This would be a preliminary game to get you used to the aspects of it. Whether you desire for an/ introduction(s) (a/ prologue(s)) for your character(s) is, as stated in the first post, entirely up to you. Heck, you can just ignore the prologue and straight away post your character’s(s’) appearance at the location of the game.

This is a game for the characters - not for the gamers who play them out. In the future, however - that might change, as one of the past Traitor Games have been known to be held in our world (the game was titled, “Reality Bites!”). There were several other versions of the game as well, such as one that allowed custom made characters to be entered (titled “Custom Made For Calamity!”). That was an interesting one as a talented artist accepted the request of every gamer to draw a portrait of each custom character. There was even one made with a Christmas theme (“Rudolph the Red-nosed Traitor”)! One with Television characters (“We Apologize For the Inconvenience”) such as Team Rocket (Pokemon), Spider-Man (Spider-Man: The Animated Series), even SEÑOR SENIOR, JR. AND SHEGO (need I explain this one?)!

As I have said (or at least, try to say before), if this is approved, it will be a great opportunity for entertainment. As they always say, if this goes well…

WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN?! :smiling_imp:

I’m in…will work on intro this saturday (or earlier)

I guess PixarVixen must be really busy then… hm.

While waiting for this game’s approval, I shall post the specific aspects of this game to prevent it from dying like Dash’s RP idea.

Now, a few things to remember:
Any ‘roles’ given (excluding the ‘Players’) cannot be revealed to anyone else once they are passed out. The only ways any gamer is able to discover the availability of anyone’s role is through their deaths (or kidnaps) or through succession in banishing them through the gamer’s votes. When either of that happen, the host would appear and announce whether if the deceased/kidnapped/banished was given any role by him/her (the host). Other than that, each gamer is only allowed to make assumptions to the identities of those who was granted the unique roles.

Format of The Game
The Kill Aspect: There will be a pattern of 3 in terms how the kills work.

An example of the format:
Round 1: Traitor Kill (Players vote)
Round 2: Vigilante Kill (Players vote)
Round 3: Traitor Kill (Players vote)

After that, the order of the kills randomly change. So now, it could be:
Round 4: Vigilante Kill (Players vote)
Round 5: Traitor Kill (Players vote)
Round 6: Traitor Kill (Players vote)

And so on, and so forth.

Voting and Banishment: After every kill, all players will be asked to vote on who they think is the killer (whether the Traitor or the Vigilante, depending on the type of kill). Voting will last 24 hours to allow all players to vote. The player with the highest amount of votes is thus, banished. In the event of a tie, the person who is assigned the role of the Breaker will message me his/her additional vote to break the tie. If the Breaker does not provide me with his/her tie-breaking vote, then I will provide a random vote to break the tie.

Agent Role Continued
Each voting round, the Agent can make a guess on who he/she thinks is the traitor. He/She will message me his/her guess. The host will then announce publicly if the Agent’s (with his/her identity kept secret, of course) guess is accurate.

The Agent is allowed 3 clues altogether. He/She can only have 1 request of 1 clue per round. Be wise on when you want to use your request, Agents.

The Clue System: The Agent is given 3 clues. The Agent must message the host requesting for the clues yourself; the host would not offer the clues unless asked to. When the host receives the PM request, he/she will then reply back with the clue the Traitor gives him/her.

1. The First Clue is called “Scene of the Crime.” The Traitor assigned to this clue will message the host with something left at site of the kill. But beware! The clue left at the scene might be there to frame an innocent player.

2. The Second Clue is called “Riddle Me This.” The Traitor assigned to this clue will message the host with a note describing something about himself/herself. It does not have to be a riddle. It could just be a description about himself/herself.

3. The Third Clue is called “20% Chance.” For this clue, the host will give the Agent a list of 5 special abilities or quirks. 1 of the quirks describes the Traitor assigned to this clue; the others are phony.

Remember! The Agent only have 3 requests at his/her disposal. And he/she can only use 1 per round! So it might not be wise to start using them right away.

Vigilante Role Continued
The Vigilante: This person has a license to kill. His/Her job is to kill who he/she thinks is the Traitor. However, there is the possibility that the Vigilante might kill an innocent player. As I said before, the kill pattern for every three rounds is random. Therefore, after every kill, the host will announce if the Vigilante or Traitor was responsible for it.

The Alliance: During the game, there is the chance that the Vigilante might join with the Agent. After every Vigilante kill, instead of guessing on who he/she thinks is the Traitor, the Agent will guess on he/she thinks is the Vigilante. If he/she is confirmed by the host (through PM) to be correct, he/she can message the host back saying whether or not he/she wants to form an alliance with the Vigilante or rat the Vigilante out. If he/she wants the Vigilante to join, the host will then notify the Vigilante about it and ask him/her if he/she would like to form an alliance with the Agent.

If the Vigilante refuses to join, then he/she will go about doing their own thing as usual. If the Vigilante joins, that means he/she can access any information the Agent gathered during the game - the clues, namely. However, The Agent cannot tell the Vigilante who to kill, or in other words, who the Traitor is. Also, when this alliance is formed, the host will stop announcing who is responsible for the kill. This maintains a sense of mystery in the game, and also this allows the possibity for the Vigilante to turn on the Agent and kill him/her. This also makes the alliance aspect a risky one.

There you have it! The specifics of the game! Hopefully this will clear some previous doubts about the game.

Sweet…when can we start…i can’t wait to see characters and users who are going to join.

Al-Bob: Yeah, me neither, but we will still have to wait for PixarVixen’s approval to this game, first. Hopefully, she will notice this thread before next week. No hurry, though, PV, just hope that this one won’t be a problem. :wink:

humhumhumhum…[starts to fidgit]

Ooh, this game gets more and more intresting! I love these kind of mystery games. I hope PV gets it approved. She’s been pretty busy as of late.

What has she been doing?

I don’t know, but lets not get off topic okay? You can PM her, but I can’t speak for her.

Okay, back to the game…

TSS: I sent her a message about two days ago. The message has appeared in my Sent Box, so that means she had already received it. That’s why I said that hopefully this game will kick-off sometime next week, given that PixarVixen will be available some days later.

Okay then. We can only wait.

WBoon - I’m loving the sound of this game, especially the “Clue System”. We should do a “Dark Knight” version of this thing once we’re finished with the Pixar one, if this game is approved that is. :wink:

I look forward to your PM.

– Mitch

Mitch: xD

Sorry, but I had to laugh, because there was a running gag going on that involved Batman getting killed throughout every Traitor Game (the many deaths of Batman). The guys at the other message board I got this game from (Comic Book Resources Forums) even made a version where Batman gathered all the participants of the ‘Games’ that he had joined to get his revenge. Haha, man, you should see how the guy portrayed the humiliated expression of Batman, it was just rich. :stuck_out_tongue:

But sure, a Dark Knight version of this game involving comic book characters like the original game sounds cool - if this ever gets approved, that is. :slight_smile: