The Wall-E 500 (the ultimate challenge)

^ Thanks. Until Wall-E is out, i’m just gonna watch Presto 100 times to start. The days are so boring…

-MIA-

MAJOR BUMP.

So, one week away! You more than likely forgot about me, but I still plan on watching this 500 times in well under 2 years. I’ll probably hit 700 times in 3-4 years. If you’ve never read this thread, read the first post.

I started it as a WALL-E 500, then went to 700; now I think I’ll keep with 500 entire views; from first second to last (credits included). It starts in one week, release date, and I’ll mainly watch it on my iPod from about 23:30-01:00 hours (11:30PM-1AM). I’m used to staying up late playing games. First I’ll work out for half an hour though so I’m not too lazy, haha. Also doing exercise boosts me. See you later!

One more funny note: I purchased a WALL-E throw, or blanket, for my couch/bed. I’m all geared up, :smiley:

-EIA-

(RIP Mars Phoenix, ) :cry:

I didn’t forget about you and your project… good to know it’s still going ahead. You should record yourself watching the movie 500 times, just little snippets of each viewing, then make a YouTube video about it and send it to Pixar. Keep us updated!

Haha, I dunno about that. I may have a computer screen in my room, so I wouldn’t have to watch it on an iPod one. But, I’ll do what I can. Also, I’ll need people to test my knowlege; after all, I cannot just say I’ve seen it 500 times without proving it, right?

any more questions or comments? I’ll be happy to answer or read anything, rude or pleasant!

-EIA-

It seems like watching any movie that many times would ruin the movie.

For the testing your knowledge thing, once you’ve done 100 views I, and a few other WALL•E fans, would be more than capable of doing that. I’d just need to watch it on DVD a few times myself to really test you out.

mo - Depends on the quality of the movie. I’d get sick of it, but in theory, any movie that is supposed to be a masterpiece should be able to be watched an infinite number of times, whilst still being enjoyable. But I see where you’re coming from.

Well, I wouldn’t want to do it, but good to hear that you’re going ahead with this, EVEisawesome! :smiley: Perhaps people on the board could devise some tough quiz questions for you to answer to test your knowledge? I’d say even by only the 50th viewing, you’d probably have spotted a lot of the little details Pixar likes to add to their movies.

Alright, sounds great! Of course, that’ll be in 60 days, but prepare me some, :smiley:. I’m so excited, although I DO realize I’ll hate it after, oh, a few months or so. Oh well. I’m up for an endurance challenge.

-EIA-

Good luck, EVEisawesome. You’re gonna need it… and even if you fail to make the 500 milestone, at least it’s nice to know you’re most likely the only person crazy enough to attempt it, and you have probably watched it more times than anyone else on this planet. :slight_smile:

Hehe, thanks! Just to assure you though, I’m not really that crazy/abnormal in real life. I homeschool, and love to exercise and do my school/learn things. Also, I have friends, mostly in their 30’s+, but I do see them like every other day. So yeah, :smiley:

6 days, geesh. I’m mentally preparing myself. Thanks for compliments! Again, I realize how difficult and annoying this will be.

Perhaps ‘crazy’ sounds too harsh… ‘brave’? ‘Gutsy’? ‘Most loyal fan’?
I really hope you pull this feat off… something to tell the grandkids. :wink:

It’s nice to know that my sister and I aren’t the only crazy film geeks out there. I mean, we’ve done some far-out stuff before, but this is just wild! I’m gonna support you in your determination to accomplish this feat. Have fun! :wink:

– Mitch

EVEisAwesome: Difficult and annoying, yes. BUt in the end, you’ll look back and have some bragging rights.

Thanks! Yes, I mostly want something to sound cool about. You know, you hear stories from your grandparents like: “When I was your age I ran 562 miles uphill both ways to get to the nearest post office”, and stuff. So yeah, it’ll be a hard, yet fun journey.

-EIA-

Well, as for me it’s too odd and weird, but since you decided to beat this challenge, I wish you luck :smiley: I hope this will be noticed :smiley:
Btw, when are you going to start and how many times have you seen this before? do you include 'em?

Humbug! With the time you’re going to invest, you could be well into making the Wall•E sequel (its actually going to be a prequel, but don’t tell anyone - tippity-top secret you know). Rachelcakes1985 is right, a true masterpiece can be viewed again and again and still be enjoyable. I would much rather say that 2 years from now I had seen it 140 times and could still enjoy it.

^ Okay, :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I picked it up today. It’s official; this starts tonight! I will watch it on my iPod nano video every night until I get to 500 COMPLETE watches. I may go 700 times if I’m up to it at the time; but for now it’s set at 500. RULES:

-I cannot re-watch a scene if I want to that night. I must wait until the next viewing if I want to see something.

• I cannot skip (duh) anything. 1st to last second.
    -I cannot fall asleep, haha.

Well, here goes. I’ve been planning this since June, so I think I have the motivation and prepare-uh-dness?

-EIA-

Okay, stupid side question- how exactly can you get a movie onto your iPod? I’d love to be able to watch WALL-E portably. :smiley:

All I can say is, good luck, EVEisawesome! :smiley: Are you watching the movie till the end of the end credits as well, or just to the end of the movie itself?

From Disney intro-Pixar intro-Movie-Credits. All of it.

For the iPod, I bought the 3 disk package; which has it so you can easily put it on your iPod/Media device. That’s what the 3rd disk is. Very convenient, :smiley: I have the fat Nano which plays videos. You may say “Gross, small screen!” But it’s insanely good quality, and bright. If you hold it close it looks the same as a 48"" TV. No joke. The pixels per inch or whatever on it is insane. also my headphones are perfect and have a lot of bass. It’s like a home theater with surround sound, hehe.

-EIA-

EVEisawesome- So the film is going to be as long as possible? Yikes. Bet you’ll hate the ending credits by the 500th viewing. :laughing:

We’re not getting the 3 disk thing here. I wonder if there is a way of ripping the normal DVD onto the computer, or is that not possible? I’m just desperate to watch it on my Touch.