The Wall-E 500 (the ultimate challenge)

oh wow… that must stink…
i guess u could get everythin back by syncin it 2 ur comp., but youd have to make up the extra view still…
wow, this is becoming quite an ordeal! keep it up!

I already have, and I watched it 1.5 times last night, :smiley: I will tonight also.

-EIA-

Views: 99

Holy moly, I did it. I caught up 6.5 views in 2 weeks. Haha, right now I’m having a hard time believing myself. Catching up 6.5 views means in 14 days I made myself watch it 20.5 times. Bleh, it wasn’t too hard I guess. Just hard to believe.

Tomorrow is day 100, triple digits here I come, :smiley: BTW- I love just watching the movie and playing the sound/soundtracks in my head. Unfortunately, I still don’t have ever scene memorized perfectly. I always mess on a few talking segments when I try imitating them. Ah well, see you guys later!

-EIA-

Wow, almost 100…That’s an achievement in itself, EVEisawesome! :smiley:

You’re almost a fifth of the way there, EVEisawesome! :slight_smile:

Wow, and I thought my seeing Ratatouille about 35 times was beyond sanity.
I’ll make sure I subscribe to your Blog to know when you’re done achieving this feat. :smiley:

EVEisawesome - Wow. Congratulations to you! I wonder how much longer it will take you to reach the 500 mark? :smiley:

– Mitch

399 days, lol. I’m watching WALL-E 500 times in 500 days. So 399 days unitl I’m done.

My blog is in my signature, I’ll update it early March. Anyone wanna quiz me as far as story or dialogue? Please, nothing hidden deep in the background that’s barely visible. I’m not THAT good yet. Or scene numbers. I won’t cheat, because I wanna test myself.

-EIA-

EVEisawesome is awesome :smiley:

crazy feat

I don’t know how you’re going to keep up when UP comes out and you have another pixar to boggle your mind

You are about 1/5 done Eveisawsome. Keep it up.

EVEisawesome - So you’re literally watching it everyday? Heh. That’s great. :laughing:

Questions? Umm… well… let’s see…

When EVE realizes that WALL•E saved the plant from becoming a subject of a detonation, she squeals in delight and instantly makes to hug the little trash compactor. While they’re hugging, how many revolutions do WALL•E and EVE make in space?

– Mitch

Haha, good question! Now honestly I don’t know, :'(. all I know about the Define Dancing seen are these:

1. The animators probably did there research on roller coasters as I noticed WALL-E’s path when flying is usually heart-lined when he does some spins. It’s heard to explain, but they put a lot of thinking into the physics of some of his movements in the scenes.

2. After EVE hugs WALL-E and he shows her the fire hydrant and starts spinning, during the first spin (I think) it’s 60 minutes- a good time to get up and use the restroom, :smiley:

3. Yes, Define Dancing is the same song as when EVE first flies around in the beginning (took me about 70 views to make the connection on my own.)

4. When scenes change, what happens to all the hydrant foam? Haha… seriously. It occasionally disappears between scenes. Animator mistake, :stuck_out_tongue:

I probably have more but that’s all for now. I’ll work on finding how many revolutions he does.

-EIA-

EVEisawesome - Ha-ha. Well, there’s one thing to keep an eye out for the next time you view the film. :wink:

Yeah, I agree with your “roller coaster” philosophy. Generally, I tend to keep my eyes on EVE during the “Define Dancing” sequence, but I’ve glanced at WALL•E occasionally and it does look as if he’s following a track-type path that’s often associated with that of a roller coaster. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pixar animators referred to 'coasters during that particular sequence’s production. Pretty cool.

Really? I’m gonna have to catch that the next time I watch WALL•E.

– Mitch

Views: 126.5
Days129

Well, I figured I’d once again come in to briefly tell you guys how it’s going. My hypothesis about my feelings towards the movie has stayed true so far; that the more I watch the movie the more I feel closer to it. Watching it from start to finish seems about 30 minutes long, and the only time I wish it’d hurry up and get over is the second time EVE goes to the captain with the plant. By then it feels like the story is repeating itself (go to captain, get kicked out, WALL-E escapes death, leave place put into, go somewhere ASAP.) I don’t hate the part when WALL-E gets zapped and EVE is into saving him, I guess after awhile the drama and suspense completely wears off. Yes, it is a key part of the film however.

As far as memorization, it’s below how I’d thought it would be. Give me a bit more time. I still some parts mixed, maybe I’ll take some tricky questions from you guys in a month or so. Well, see you next time! EVEisawesome out.

-EIA-

Yeah, I know what you mean about that part of the film. It reminds me of the bit in Monsters, Inc. when Sulley saves Boo from the Scream Extractor- it just feels as though a whole part of it has already been done before.

Well done for managing to keep this up! It seems like such a long time ago that you first committed to do this, so to still be doing it is impressive.

Geez, not to brag or anything, but I already noticed that on my third viewing! :laughing:

But, really, I’m happy you’re still going strong with your challenge! You should seriously write a note to Pixar or something so they can give you an interview or mention when (not if) you complete this journey!

Keep on swimmin’! :smiley:

Hey guys! I got my Dell Mini 9 netbook. Me and my brother are working on getting WALL-E on it. It’s hard since it has no DVD drive and the WALL-E DVD’s are so well encrypted. Hm… Ah well. I have nothing interesting to update in my blog really, so I’ll wait for something interesting to happen.

-EIA-

I forgot about your challenge for a while. I still think it’s crazy. I tell people I’ve seen it 18 times and they think I’m crazy. So I have a question, EVEisawsome. What are peoples reaction to your number of views?

I haven’t told anyone outside of the internet.

-EIA-