Things People May Not Know About You

Czarine - Don’t give up - believe me, you’ll be able to get over your mental health difficulty sooner rather than later! I guarantee you that. Just keep getting treatment and before you know it, you’ll be more than happy with life than ever before. :wink:

ellie-jessie-eve - Oh, how interesting that you’re a public speaker! Have you done any mainstream public speaking contests? Were you part of a debating team? Also, out of curiosity, have you heard of a Model United Nations?

Buzz&Woodyforever
- I hope you’re doing fine! You’re with us, and I bet even with “half a heart” you’re still 100% full of heart! (I know that’s a bad pun, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:)

Cookie - Doofenshmirtz + Broccoli = ?? :wink:

If you wanna know more about me (I doubt you will, haha!), throw some questions at me in this thread. I’ll do the same for any repliers.

My public speaking career only goes as far as Future Farmers of America did! I did a contest once a year. It was Extempouraneous, so it was unprepared. I pulled an agriculture related topic out of a hat, and I had a half an hour to write a speech and then present it. (topics included International Agriculture and it’s effects on Global Hunger, Organic Vs. Conventional farming, Agriculture in Space, What is Animal Abuse, Agriculture Economincs)

My first year I got 1st place at sectional level, and then I got 7th place at regional level. 2nd year I got 3rd place, and 3rd year I got 5th.

I was the President of my school Future Farmers of America chapter, so I did public speaking at meetings and presentations to the community. I did other FFA related public speaking contests such as Opening & Closing Ceremony.

I wasn’t a part of a debating team, or anyother public speaking class like Forensics. And I never heard about Model United Nations, what is that?

I have an anxiety disorder too! Those panic attacks are awful. :shake:

Yeah, it use to be super bad my freshman year, to the point of physical abuse to myself and having to almost be taken to the ER during one attack. So I took pills for a few years, some consuling. I still get really stressed very easily, but now as bad as before where it stopped me from functionig.
I’m sorry to hear about your panic attacks!

Wow, that is bad. :open_mouth: Glad you’re getting better.
Well I’ve only had one panic attack so far, but I nearly had one last week when my biggest fear happened. I have this huge fear of throwing up and my sister did in the car. It was awful, but my uncle was with us and I got to ride in his car on the way home.

Here’s something you probably didn’t know about me:

I have a major bug phobia. I automatically start to panic when I know that bees are buzzing around flowers, and I freak out when I see a live scorpion on TV or on a picture. The only bugs I’m not afraid of are butterflies and ladybugs.

Really? Yeah scorpions freak me out too. I don’t mind bees, because they provide ever so delicious honey! :slight_smile:

However, unlike you, I hate ladybugs. And I don’t hate butterflies, but I’m kind of scared by them. They CREEP me out!

skunklover & ellie-jessie-eve: They are awful, arn’t they? Stay strong though! We’re all in this together! :wink:

ellie-jessie-eve: Ah, I see. Well, it’s great to see that you are pretty interested in agriculture… to the point to be a great speaker about it. :slight_smile:

Things people dont know about me…

*I love Star Trek
*I want to be an Actor
*I want to go into space
*I try to Better myself everyday
*When im in love im in love there is nothing i can think about than that person
*Home Schooled since after 7th grade
*love to travel
*love nature

and thats about it… kinda…

I cry really easily. Heck, at the end of EVERY SINGLE video game I’ve ever played, at most movies (especially if it’s a downer ending) and when I hear music from my childhood…

Oh, and when I was about 8 I started self-teaching myself English, mostly from videogames. (honorable mentions: Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie) and now, about 6 years later, I speak the language fluently

I think

It’s very interesting to read about those who also suffer from anxiety disorder, ellie-jessie-eve, skunklover and Phileas, though of course it’s sad how it can affect people’s lives. I’ve suffered from it for a couple of years now, though I’ve never taken medication for it. I find it’s new situations that panic me the most, for example the morning of my holiday to New York with my friends, I felt horrible about the idea of flying and spending a week away from home- despite having done so dozens of times before! It’s strange how you can react to something that you were once so used to. I worry about anxiety when it comes to university, too, as being away from home tends to make it worse for me, but as a friend of mine once said, “when you come to the water, you will swim”.

My mom has that… i feel sorry for all who have it…

mopar5- Yeah, my dad has it too and I do think it has a partial basis in genetics. Plus of course if you’re growing up in an environment with someone who suffers from something, you’re also more likely to suffer from it, so it does make sense- it almost becomes the norm for you, as such. It’s such a common disorder though, and hopefully when I study at university I’ll learn more about it and its causes.

The only known disorder i have is ADD plus i dont know if its a disorder but almost eveything or one i meet i get a strong emotional attachment…

I’m sorry to hear about how it effects you lizardgirl! I love that quote that your friend said, it is inspirational. I feel that with most things, including anxiety attacks, with motivation and support you can overcome anything.

Guys, I’m gonna revive this thread on account of I have some things to share about myself too…

(1) First of all, as some of you guys probably know, I’m a WALL-E fan-girl…seriously, I am totally in love with him! <3 I mean, my heart just literally flutters every time I see a piece of merchandise related to the film. And then my face goes red, I go speechless…and sometimes I retreat, on account of this shyness that sometimes gets me. :laughing: (Oh, and although I got intrigued about 5 1/2 years ago, I didn’t even tell my mom until just last summer–now she’s telling our relatives about it.)

(2) Secondly, I have various recurring dreams involving many different elements. (The only thing is, I can only recall dreams I’ve had from up to quite a few years ago…)

(3) While attending Hidden Hollow Camp back in the summer of 2009, I kept shining my flashlight on a camp counselor’s tissue box…but I never told her. :laughing:

(4) I actually freaked out once when I was little because a bat had come into my room. (That was waaaaayyy before I learned about how helpful they are at controlling those pesky mosquitoes! :smiling_imp: )

(5) I will never support rabbit meat. (Which is why I HATED that huge meat market up in Cleveland! :angry: )

(6) I stopped going to choir classes after my sophomore year because I’d gotten too embarrassed to go up on-stage and had to sit with the audience during our concerts–I had actually started during 5th grade but after a while I started to realize that performing in front of other people just wasn’t really my thing. (Yep, I had decided to quit choir class halfway through high school because of this! :unamused: )

(7) Sometimes I turn on either New Age or Classical music to help me get to sleep.

That’s all for now…more on the way! :mrgreen:

evspixarfan2012

Hehe, even then it still isn’t good to have a bat in your room! I hope it stuck around in some other place around (the outside) of your house. :laughing:

And just out of curiosity, why just rabbit meat? What makes that OK but not other domesticated farm animals?

^Well, mainly I just like to eat beef. As in, an occasional steak-burger from Steak 'n Shake. But other than that…I’m just not much of a meat-eater. :unamused:

I’ve never been to Steak n’Shake. I don’t think I’ve ever even seen one.

Then perhaps I can only assume you don’t have one in your area. (But we do have one of those where I live.)

If there was another thing I know about myself that other people don’t know about just yet, it’s the fact that I’ve made this big mistake of throwing away a Doc Hudson Happy Meal toy without even opening it…right after I had recieved it years ago. :blush: :cry: (I didn’t really mean to do that…and I’m sorry.)