Things People May Not Know About You

Here’s one that shocked one of my RL friends today.

• Never had a boyfriend.

She kept asking me to tell her about my love life, and for five minutes I responded, I’ll get back to you on that when I get one.

Took a little while to get the cogs turning, but what a hoot.

She was shocked that I’m going to be a senior in high school next year, and how I somehow managed to not have a tradition American high school experience :stuck_out_tongue: All shocking news to her.

thewisecookiesheet: I’ve never had a boyfriend either! I might have liked a few guys but they all thought I was weird, and after all that it seems like every girl you see has a boy by their side.

You will get a guy one day, and even though it seems like forever, it will be worth it in the end. :wink:

I know how you feel, thewisecookiesheet. When I tell people of my own age that I haven’t committed the ‘act’, a lot of them seem surprised. But surely it’s better to take things at your own pace, so when you do find someone, it’s just right? That’s what I think, anyway. I’ve had a few boyfriends but it really isn’t worth rushing into something for no reason, so it’s cool that you’re waiting rather than caving into peer pressure like I admittedly did at times.

There’s no point in rushing at all, when its right its right!

As for me, lets see, I am scared of dogs, but this is a fear I want to get over badly.

I’m agnostic, I love rock, punk and ska music. I have three tattoos. all of which are related to the band alkaline trio. I am addicted to coffee, this was brought on by a love for the gilmore girls.

There is so much mor I could right, mainly because nobody on here really knows a thing about me haha. But for now, this will do

I’ve only ever had 2 bfs, and I’ve never kissed anyone I’m not related to, so obviously I haven’t done the action you guys speak of. I was Elastigirl for halloween last year(Finally!!! I’m doing that from now on.)

Thanks y’all.

Ha, I wish I could say I’ve turned down guys, but that’s not an excuse. I’ve lowered my goal to be that I get a date to prom next year. If that happens, I’ll be fine. I’ve learned not to wait on highschool guys, They’re fun to hang out when we want to be immature, but I haven’t met any guys that I could see myself in a relationship with.

But blah, I’ll stop talking about this. But, uh, can’t wait for college? :stuck_out_tongue:

Time to contribute to the board:

– I absolutely hate being told I can’t do something when I want to learn it. I love to prove people wrong, especially when I have the potential and desire to learn. Kills me :K

Sigh. Relationships are over-rated. Guys and gals, if you’re not in a relationship, seriously, enjoy being single! Relationships arn’t as glamourous as you think, and the only thing that makes relationships worthwhile is that the person understands you well and cares for you, but if you haven’t found Mr. or Ms. Right, don’t worry - the “perfect” one will come along soon enough - and sooner than you think. That’s free advice from me - from one that has dealt with heartbreak! :wink:

Cookie (I think I’m just gonna nickname you that, TWCS): 3 words - ditch. the. prom! It’s a make-out festival anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, if you don’t wanna ditch it, I’m sure you’ll be able to find someone (knowing you, most likely very dashing in your case) to take you to the prom. I betya that. :wink:

Everyone’s just chucking random facts, so I thought I’d add in a couple more.

• Piano player here! Hypothetically, I’m 1 1/2 years away from reaching AMusA for Piano (AMusA is an Associate Diploma in Music, the standard music diploma here in Australia), which means after recieving my AMus, I’ll be able to teach Piano professionally! But since piano accreditation/grading is really, really stressful, I’ve decided not to persue it.

• I am a globetrotter. I’m like Ryan Bingham from Up In the Air, except I’m with my family and my travel’s mainly internationally. Despite being to plenty of places around the world (mainly using Disney theme parks as geographical points :stuck_out_tongue:), I haven’t actually gone around my own country. That’s a medium-term goal of mine :slight_smile:

Ha, thanks Phileas. And cha, Cookie is fine. I always forget that thewisecookiesheet is a mouthful, since I’ve been typing that for almost 6 years now :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man, gotta go to prom. Gonna get a pretty dress, omg. ;-o And there’s free food. And apparently lots of it. From what I’ve heard, it’s not like the steryotypical prom. It’s like a large fancy-pants party with people you like. With the occasional dancing. And then, knowing my peeps, we’ll probably play video games in our outfits as the after party.

Hmm… Random Fact #245

I have get to go to California and Ohio next year for band. And then, I might get to go back to Cali for the Tournament of Roses Parade, if we are chosen to perform. =)

[quote="thewisecookiesheet":1udq5xeu]And there’s free food. And apparently lots of it.[/quote:1udq5xeu]

Always a winner with me :) ;-) :lol: . Anyway, that sound’s totally cool! I’d love to do somthing like that one day… But alas, I’m home schooled :( . But, hey, maybe one day I’ll get invited by a guy to his prom :D ! And that sounds totally awesome that you might get to preform at the Rose Parade! I’d love to see a fellow Planetier on TV :wink: .

[quote:1udq5xeu]-- I absolutely hate being told I can’t do something when I want to learn it. I love to prove people wrong, especially when I have the potential and desire to learn. Kills me :K[/quote:1udq5xeu]

Yet another thing I can agree to :wink: . I just love proving people wrong in general, but especially when it somthing to do with them saying, "You can’t ______!" It just makes me wanna do it more!

And, second what every one else is saying, [u:1udq5xeu]until God brings the right guy (or girl) along, don’t get married!!![/u:1udq5xeu] :lol: Seriously, it’s not worth rushing, my Mom always told me that. And she’s very glad that she didn’t rush, 'cause if she would’a, we’d be in a very bad situation right now. So, ya, most likely, you will eventually find the right person (speaking to everyone in general, here), you just gotta have patience :wink: .

Anyway, on to some more random facts about me…

– Except in sauces, I hate tomatoes.
– Unlike most kids, I love broccoli and a lot of other fruits and vegetables (just don’t always eat enough of them :roll: ).
– I OVE Big Red gum.
– I’m mosley against furs and skins, but I do have a few exceptions.
– I’m a bit of a Goth, but just for the style.
– I love both CG AND traditional animation.
– I’ve taken a liking to NCIS, but mostly for Abby :wink: .
– I’m usually a cheery person. Mom likes to call me a "character," as I’m very charismatic.
– I almost had asthma, but got treated and avoided it (Thank God!).
– I’m allergic to the one thing that’s in everything: Strawberries :-\ .
– My favorite song is "More Beautiful You" by Johnny Diaz.
– I can touch the top of my head with my feet by bending them over my back, and almost touch the floor. I can also do a split, a straddle, a bridge, and put both my feet behind my head.
– I can also bend other parts of my body in weird ways, including my eyes, hands, and tongue ;-o .
– A couple of years ago, I had almost all my hair cut off for Locks of Love, and am still trying to grow it back.
– I’m German-Irish (and I hate alcohol, go figure :roll: [I mean no insult to other people of German or Irish descent, BTW!]).
– I have some of the weirdest food combinations.
– I’m a sucker for almost any sweet but slightly odd or dysfunctional Father/Daughter relationships (i.e. Violet and Bob, Abby and Gibbs).
– I’m all for Viony (Violet and Tony), but if it wasn’t meant to be, I wouldn’t mind seeing her with someone else. But I’d prefer Tony.
– I have a crush on a boy whom I’ve never met, who’s name I don’t know, who’s address is unknown to me, and whom I’ve never even talked to before (see my one dream in the "What Did You Dream Last Night" thread and it’ll all make sense. :wink: ).

Ah, I know, I know. I’m not looking for ‘Mr. Right’ in highschool. I know for sure he’s not at my highschool. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve got a clear head on that.

Same, except, load on the cheese. It must be in cheese for maximum deliciousness achieved. :wink:

-I had a dream about DRIVING MY MOM’S VAN down the other side of my street (I only did it once for practice in an empty parking lot. I was scared I would hit something) and pointing out all the ducks that suddenly showed up. Then there was a sloth RUNNING down the sidewalk that completely scared me. Now, I am not scared of sloths, but there’s something REALLY creepy about a sloth running fast as my cat down the street on its forelegs.

• The only reason why I hated my Latin class was because my classmates were ruining it for me. I love the teacher (she won’t teaching at my school next year =( ) and LOVED what I learned, but…
    sigh I’m sure glad I’ll be in Pre-AP Latin 2 next year because I’ll be with people who actually WANT to learn. Ah. And I plan on doing three years of Latin…and if I do as well as I did last school year for my next two years, I’ll get a pretty…robe string thingy…that’s a Holy Grail to Latin students because its so hard to get.

• My first crush was on a guy I grew up with…who is seven hours older than me. The story is that when my parents moved into the house, pregnant with me, they met our back-door neighbors planting…something…in their garden, who ALSO had a baby coming, but it was their second. So, the morning I was born (at home), my parents introduced me to them, and to their surprise, their son was born at the hospital seven hours prior to me! So we all group up like siblings until they moved. 'Course, my “crush” died down, especially after I met my boyfriend. Now my first “crush” is slightly a Mr. Grumpypantz but still a really nice guy X3 . But he’s my “twin brother from another family” to me. And his sister is my “big sister from another family”
    So, like most people, I consider my family to be FAR more extended than my “family clan” on BOTH sides of my family, but also the family I grew up with and my boyfriend’s family

-I could NEVER call my boyfriend’s parents Mr. (last name) or Mrs. (Last name). It’s not really polite, but I like to call his parents “Tim” or “Stephanie”. Because that’s who I think of when I see them.

I just found out something about myself yesterday that I guess I never noticed before:

I bite the inside of my lip like mad when I’m nervous.

We had a really bad thunderstorm yesterday and had to drive through it, and the entire ride I noticed that I was practically tearing the inside of my mouth apart with my front teeth, with my left hand balled and pressed up against my lip. And now I notice that I do that every single time I’m nervous - that hand instinctively flies up, and I start gnawing on the inside of my lip. Not really sure where this came from or when it started, but I really wish it would stop because I get really tense while doing it, and it hurts my jaw. :confused:

It’s better than chewing my fingernails, that’s for sure! :laughing:

little chef

-I play golf
-I’m a pretty good signer (ASL)
-I have this obsession with the Percy Jackson books… (Like, I have every book in hardcover AND paperback, two copies of the last book in hardcover, and I even met the author.)
-According to my mother when I sing I start out good, and then start sucking as the song goes on. x]
-I have a legit analog recording studio in my house
-I love my cat more than anything in the world
-I’m bipolar. I’m either super happy or super depressed.
-I’ve owned so many apple products it’s insane. There’s a NEWTON in my kitchen drawer!
-I love anything written by Tennessee Williams
-You can often find me in the play/script department at my local used bookstore.
-I have no idea how to use a drill. Worse theater techie ever? I think so.

• I over use :smiley:. (:, & x]
  • My great, great, great, grandfather was president Zachary Taylor. He had two very famous cousins… Robert E. Lee and James Madison. Robert E. Lee also had a famous cousin… Meriwether Lewis. Zachary is also a descendant of the Mayflower!

^ Here’s another thing about men. I get hyped when I find someone else who lives “somewhere in Texas”. Which area, Gwen :smiley: ?

Dallas! :smiley:
You?

In that area between Dallas and Ft. Worth…closer to Ft. Worth.
Duuuuuuuuuude :open_mouth: . You are the SECOND person I’ve met online who lives in a relatively close area (the other lives in the city RIGHT next to mine)

That’s so awesome!
I once met someone online from Burleson. I haven’t talked to her in forever though.

And more…

• Everytime I watch a favorite show or movie, it always gives me new ideas and jokes to make.

• I take interest in DVD cover and book cover design.

• I actually do pretty well in math, even though I don’t like it.

• Sometimes, I wish that the teen dramas they have on ABC family and the CW did not have all the inappropriate content that they’re usually loaded with.

• I have autism. :wink:

• I once leaned Shoshoni Indian Sign Language from a computer game about history. I can only remember how to do the signs for “tomahawk” and “blanket”.

• I like fonts. Different fonts help me to create different logos for my stories.
    (I might actually upload some of my logos to my dA gallery.)

Really? COOL!!! I have Asperger’s. Which kind do you have?