Things that can be improved about Toy Story 3

i totally get what you mean. it just had a completely different /feel/ to it than the other two. i mean, i guess you could argue that the first and second are completely different in regards to tone as well, because the first one was kind of dark too. i guess this one just lacked the /moments/ that the other two had. know what i mean?

also, i feel the climaxes of the other two were handled perfectly. exciting and fun but not too long - which is, i guess, another problem i had with ts3. just felt the beginning of the prison escape sequence to the very end went on for a little too long.

lol, is this making any sense? i have a tendency to rant a little when i get the chance.

the first toy story is my favorite of the trilogy, js. the second one isn’t too far behind, though.

oh, and dinoco, who /did/ you mean? if it was me, sorry (really, i am), just trying to steer us clear of all this halocod business. and i don’t think anyone here is trying to bash, really.

No, I know what you mean. The entire second half seemed a bit too long to me. The second is my favorite, but the first will always be special to me.

Just curious, but what about TS3 makes it so that it doesn’t even compare to TS2?

TS2 has always been to me the weakest Toy Story film

I’m sure most fans(and obviously critics) consider TS3 the best. But Toy story 2 is my favorite movie of all time, and has been since I was 4. I just expected too much of TS3, I suppose. I do love it, but Toy story 2 will always be my favorite.

I understand, but I’m talking more about the movies themselves. Like, did you think TS3 was too dramatic, or took itself too seriously, or ect ect.

Yes. It was too dramatic for me. But, each time I watch it, as I adjust more, I’m getting used to it.

Not you, I was talking about zinem.

EDIT: Just realized this is the same thread with the name changed. My bad.

There is nothing wrong with this!

this is that same original topic, it just got renamed.

actually, after reading through quite a few reviews i’m pretty sure most of the critics agree that it’s nowhere near as good as the first two. just my two cents, though.

Definetly not. Almost everyone I know, and the majority of critics, all agree that TS3 is the best

I think away they could have inproved toy story 3 is that Andy shouldn’t have gave away any of his toys.

I really, really, really dislike that idea. But whatever flots your boat, to each their own!

Every other animation company would have had Andy bring his toys with him in college or make him store them and give it to his own kids.

Only Pixar has the balls to make him give it away

That’s what we in the business call a pseudo-argument. Like when you justify an opinion by saying that every else has the same opinion. Just saying^^

zinem, I wasn’t making an argument, I was respond to this post:

Okay, I thought you were responding to my first post. My bad.

EJE:Thanks!

bitsandpieces, I didn’t know that!Thanks! :mrgreen:

I actually agree with Lynn. That was one of the major gripes I had with TS3, quite honestly.

Apologies for saying that your view was ‘idiotic’. Perhaps too strong a word. More appropriate would be ‘silly’ then. Also I see this thread as being redundant. The film is done, it’s not going to be changed. It cannot be ‘improved’ as you say. Also, this whole thing reeks of argument-bait to me.

That would be a pretty defeatist and fan-biased approach. It would be tantamount to saying that because an artwork is done, one can’t criticise it, or because a book has been written, one shouldn’t offer suggestions for improvements for future works by the same author.

As for it being ‘argument-bait’, civil discourses are perfectly fine and should be encouraged on this forum. An ‘argument’ is not bad, a ‘fight’ is. True fans should be capable of accepting a film’s weaknesses, or people offering differing opinions. To blindly love something or someone without admitting their faults to them is more destructive than to offer constructive criticisms.

And of course, one should not blindly hate either. That is a bigger sin than to unequivocally love. We should always tread the middle path of ‘heightened awareness’ and offer praise and criticism when it’s needed.

TDIT, that was perfect. Thanks for saying that.