things that freaked you out as a kid

What’s a sub-conscience mumbo-jumbo? (A delusion of some sort
?)

The scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit when Judge Doom dips that shoe. Still feels very unsettling to watch to this day.

No, like an event in the past that I’ve forgotten about, which subconsciencly causes fear to this day.

Yeah, that’s nightmare inducing for sure.

I’m just saying, as indicated by your posts on here, it all seems strange but true in your case. That is why I’ve gotten curious over what happened to you
and apparently, you don’t appear to have a specific reason for how it originated. Why?!

The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Nightmare Before Christmas. When I was little they both made me feel so uncomfortable and I didn’t know why! Now they’re some of my favorites.

Mom keeps telling me she’s been freaked out by crows because of that “Birds” movie.

She has every right to be scared. That movie is terrifying. I was raised in Sonoma County. Birds takes place in a coastal town in Sonoma County. So it’s for me during that movie. There’s a scene where they say, “The Birds have taken over Sebastopol and Santa Rosa, all is destroyed we’ve lost contact.” And I’m like, “Oh Dear God!!! I went to college in Santa Rosa! My town’s next!”

Your mother is right to fear crows. They’re actually INCREDIBLY intelligent creatures. They can recognize and remember human faces. This is unique, and frightening. Crows are regardless amongst my favorite birds.

Oh man those movies are creepy. All the best Disney movies are though! (Like my personal favorite, Pinocchio)

And crows are scavengers because they help keep our roads clean by eating roadkill (animals that have been run over).

When I was little, we went to this gift store that had this little baby alligator/crocodile, and I thought it was real, so I was scared to go near it.

It might have been real. I still don’t know to this day. It was about a foot long or so.

^Was it in a tank/enclosure?

No. :open_mouth:

It was probably fake if it didn’t have a cage of some kind.

I was scared of escalators because one time I sat down on one, and of course at the top it tried to eat my shorts. I can use them now, but whenever I see one I feel nervous.

I’m not scared of escalators, but I am wary of elevators.

Is it because some people get stuck in an elevator when it suddenly stops working between 2 different floors?

Yes.

Things that freaked me out as a kid
The super scary scenes in the early Disney films.

^Which super-scary scenes? The ones with the Disney villains?

I rewatched Raiders of the Lost Ark last night and it made me remember how, seeing it for the first time at age 10, I was super freaked out by that ending scene where the nazis open the ark x.x it’s really gross (or some of the more gruesome violence in the movie in general)

dark alone streets,

whenever i got late for home while coming back from my tutions, there was a pole which always created some problem and street light always gone, so which made me feel scary to pass through

I know the feeling. Sometimes when I walk alone on a dark street, i always get the feeling someone is following me. it gets pretty sketchy.

Yeah, Maleficent freaked me out. Also every other scene in Pinocchio. :laughing: Bambi and Snow White also have some pretty dark and twisted scenes.