Top 5 Disturbing Pixar Moments

Whoa? What happened? Who was this spammer and what did he do?

Advertising something, a site that may give are compulters a virus.

I find it odd how often PP gets those bots–I mean we’re a pretty active forum, but we don’t seem busy enough to attract that kind of scum :confused: Anyway, back on topic.

Aren’t BOT’s programs? I thought spammer’s were real people.

Nope. Sometimes they’re bots that some low-life programs to post spam everywhere.

It’s all jargon to me…
Back on topic, does anyone else find Mater’s dream sequence in Cars 2 just before he wakes up in the Big Ben really freaky? :open_mouth:

^I did! :open_mouth: I found it vaguely corny too, though… 8D

Yeah, sort of like amusing freaky for the wrong reasons ;-p

I agree. It was really cheesy, and uncomfortable to watch.

It caught me off guard, and I thought it was weird that he was remembering scenes he was in as though outside of his own body.

Yeah, that is pretty freaky.

I was a bit creeped out by that scene when I first saw it. Of course, I’m kind of used to it now and don’t feel the same way.

Well Cars 2 hasn’t come out on DVD over here yet so I haven’t seen it since…August? So I shall brace myself! 8D

Somehow, just remembering the scene is making me laugh. :laughing: 8D

^Hehe, I know what you mean!

I don’t think I’ve ever found anything in a Pixar film truly disturbing. Unless I already posted here, which I must’ve forgotten, then.

But really. I’ve seen the most rancid, disturbing, gross, wrong, and absurd things in my time on the Internet, so I’ve kind of been, what do you call it… Des- des- I’ve built up a tolerance.

Do you think Brave will have disturbing moments?

Well it has been said that Brave will have a darker and more mature nature than previous films, so it’s most likely yes.

And welcome to the club. I’ve seen some nasty stuff on the internet you wouldn’t believe…

Oh my gosh! :open_mouth: Talk about creepy! Though I’m glad they cut that out, I still can see why they would come up with it. The “I wanna live!” part would really connect with the theme, in a kind of dark way.

My list is:

1. Woody’s Nightmare from Toy Story 2. That scared me away from Toy Story for a while as a kid- from the cards all falling to a black hole, to the can full of hands that grab for Woody. shudders

2. “So Play Nice” scene from Toy Story. Now, I really like that scene. But Woody’s head turning all the way around and his creepy “We toys see eeeeeverrrryyything…” without even moving his mouth. And those toy soldiers that come up like zombies from the mud, and that doll that goes “Mama”…I got a little scared of toys when I saw that when I was little.

3. Big Baby from Toy Story 3, particularly at night on the swings. I feel sorry for him, but at a distance. That broken face is both creepy and heartbreaking. I don’t know whether it’s sad because it looks like he’s lonely out there, or creepy because he might be keeping watch without blinking.

(Oh my, so much from Toy Story, huh?)

1. Charles Muntz Turning Out to be Psycho from Up. He seemed like such a nice, grandfatherly guy. I mean, he was an explorer with dreams, he’s hospitable (so far), and he’s good with lots of dogs. You can tell he cares about them as if they were people when he so sadly mentions “I lost so many dogs…”. But I guess he doesn’t care about people dying if they get in his way. And plus, how scarred must Carl be??? This is his CHILDHOOD HERO, talking about murder and how he’s next. Oh man, Muntz knocked down those helmets one by one, I thought they were heads at first. I think that was the point.

2. Thumper jumping in from A Bug’s Life. That’s such a freaky character! It’s like he just wants to eat them or something! That’s why I’m glad for the comic relief when Dot calls him “Bad grasshopper! Go home!” and when he messes up in the outtakes.

And I’m just gonna add that three deleted scenes have also disturbed me.

One is from Toy Story, where originally Woody was a very selfish, mean character. He snapped at everyone (said some pretty shocking put-downs I think) and didn’t care when someone was in danger. I’m really glad Pixar changed it.

Another is from The Incredibles, where Helen has a nightmare that Bob is just working out and being waited on hand and foot by other women. At first it’s kinda funny. Then Helen tries to confront Bob but the sleeves from the laundry machine grab her and pull her in. That’s when it got scary. It’s supposed to be metaphoric, but when I was younger I took things literally.

And another is from Cars, a nightmare scene where Lightning and Mater have switched bodies (they say “switched engines”). It started funny, got kinda long and boring later, but then the way it ended was a little creepy. Mater runs off with Lightning’s life forever, saying kind of evilly “I’ve always wanted to be a famous racecar”.

And ok, I’m gonna give an honorable mention to Jack-Jack Attack. The ending where Kari is attached to the memory-erase machine. Not that scary, except the way Kari’s eyes looked at that part…kind of had me worried about her.

“We’ll, guess what? You just lost.”

Woody’s nightmare

The scream extractor

Gazerbeam’s skeleton found in the cave

Remy getting caught in a trap set by Skinner

–listed in order of appearance

OH man, the grasshoppers and downright horrifying. Hopper especially is scary, yet he is one of my favorites!

And yeah the scream extractor is another one.