Towing and Salvage?!

Something just hit me today while rewatching the first Cars.

Soooo Mater’s line of work is towing and salvage, right?

Salvage is when you take parts from a car that no longer works and either sell or recycle them.

I can’t be the only one who finds this idea in a world of sentient cars horrifying. He’s taking and selling their organs.

^That…is…TERRIFYING… :open_mouth:

Fridge Horror!!

Yep! And more fridge horror just came to me a la Cars 2.

[spoil]…What happened to Doc’s old parts when he died? O_O[/spoil]

[spoil]Perhaps they were stored away somewhere in that shed…[/spoil] :open_mouth:

:shake:

Way to ruin the movie. If you need me, I’ll be under that rock crying in the fetal position.

Hey, isn’t that a good thing? Organ transplant surgeon is a very important job! I’m sure they were all donors anyways! xD

pixarfan9099, your image isn’t working. Sorry about the fetal position thing though.offers warm blanket

This is true Ding, but if that’s how it is who thought it would be a good idea to let somebody like MATER be in charge of organ donations?! D:

That is strange, I’ve just never looked at it that way. :open_mouth:

Poor Doc

Guys.

I was looking through The Art of Cars 2 and I found this on one of the pages dedicated to signs/posters used in backgrounds.

What.

Okay, that’s it. There’s some sort of freaky Cars cannibalism going on here. X_X

In the six years that I’ve been a fan of this movie, this idea has NEVER crossed my mind.

Is it wrong that I find this absolutely hilarious? 8D

Okay, wow…This is a strange conversation. 8D
Ummm…yeah. No comment. 8D

My reaction to this: “Dear God what??

Seriously, that is messed up.

Wow creepy stuff…

Netbug009, I think that’s the most disturbing Cars picture I’ve ever seen. And that includes the car with the headlight-eyes in Cars 2!

I think I’m a bit scared of Mater now, by the way. :open_mouth:

No wait. It gets worse.

The Art book also had a quote basically confirming that the idea of recycling in the Cars universe comes with a sort of creepiness to it.

o_0

What was the quote? Or do I even want to know?

Oh my gosh, how many times have I watched this movie (probably close to 50 by now) and I didn’t notice this?! Man, if I was a car, I would be nice to Mater and hope he doesn’t take out any of my parts! :open_mouth: [spoil]And about Doc, I refuse to believe that Mater would do that after he died! It’s just too weird. :shake:[/spoil] But this does bring up a good question, what happens to cars when they die? What do family and friends do with them, bury them or give them to someone like Mater? :open_mouth: That photo…shudder. This is so creepy, it reminds me of when I read some trivia that implied that Bessie was a “living” thing. o_0

I don’t remember seeing that anywhere in the movie. What is that sign supposed to be for anyway? Is it for car surgery, or some kind of cooking instructions? Yeah, this does seem a little creepy.

You bring up some good topics Netbug! Man, I think that kind of scarred me for life though. :~o So is this why they don’t come from a factory? Because the recycle organs instead? That leads me to wonder about children though…obviously they exist but how does that go along with this? As they grow up do their parts get replaced with these organs from the dead? Where do their first organs come from though? As gross as it seems I think it would make so much more sense if only we knew how they repopulate! So many disturbing questions…And that poster is creepy too…No wonder [spoil]they didn’t touch too much on Doc’s death.[/spoil] :open_mouth: