Toy Story 3 Critical Reviews

Actually, he didn’t seem to love the film, he thought it was just “good” and too dramatic.

Also, Slinky’s voice sounded almost identical to Jim Varney’s, he probably said it sounded different just to draw attention to the change of the voice actor.

Is it strange that I like him a little bit less now that he didn’t fully appreciate the movie? :laughing:

He didn’t say it was TOO dramatic, just that it was very dramatic and a huge jump from the tone of the last two films.

In his words: “JEEZ, LIGHTEN UP!” He did say this while in character, but still, you can see what he means.

At the risk of using cliched hyperbole, Australian critics are raving about Toy Story 3! :smiley:

Leigh Paatsch of The Daily Telegraph gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5, and had much praise for it:

He also complimented the preceding short film:

Paul Brynes of Sydney Morning Herald’s review can be read online, but here are some choice quotes:

He also made an interesting comparison between Pixar and ‘the rest of the Western animated studios’.

Good on ya, Pixar! :smiley:

CLICK HERE TO READ ON THE PAPER’S WEBSITE:
santamariasun.com/film/

Haha, that was hilarious! Who is this guy? I laughed so hard, I need to watch more of him! And the evil monkey part was just… pure epicness.

[spoil]" “I don’t ever want to grow up!” But then college is like, “We got girls!” “Oh, hell with these.” :laughing: [/spoil] (spoliers just in case you want to watch the review with a fresh outtake.)

Yeah, the Nostalgia Critic is awesome! I love his reviews for bad movies, but I do wish that he did one for Toy Story (he notes that it is one of his favorite films).

Toy Story 3 is back to 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! :slight_smile:

AWESOME! I was hoping it would get back up to that, that’s the highest you can get with bad reviews.

Hey. uh, here’s a review from my local news station. Makes me wish all reviewers thought like this guy with this movie. :smiley:

Watch the video on the page. wfaa.com/news/entertainment/ … 84619.html

This guy reviews Armond White’s review of TS3: slantmagazine.com/house/2010 … ta-review/

Interesting, also love your sig XD.

Interesting article. As the author proves, it’s more fun to pick holes in a bad review than to take its message at face value. :slight_smile:

In my opinion i think Toy Story 3 was an excellent movee. It made me think that they should make a 4th one but i highly doubt that they will.]

This is in the wrong thread. This thread is for reviews by actual film critics. Your personal reviews of the movie should go here. [url]Your Toy Story 3 Reviews - Toy Story / Lightyear - Pixar Planet Forums

Nice Thread about Toy story review. I love all movies and have review all three movies, when i had heard about their telecast. But here i also would like to say thanks for providing good sources to have a review of Toy story movies.

its better in all !

Gonna bump this one after three years. Lee Unkrich retweeted this little nugget:
cine-file.info/list-archive/2014/JUN-14-2.html
(scroll down to Toy Story 3)

HA!
:smiley: 8D