Toy Story 3 DVD/Blu-Ray

But that is only up to right now. Who knows what film will be released in the months to come that may surpass Toy Story 3 in gross.

I agree that Stretch should not be on the cover. Big Baby would make much more sense, though he might be too large and/or scary for the cover.

I am also sad that none of Bonnie’s toys made the cover, as they were my favorit new characters (all of them) and played a much larger role than Stretch. The only justification for their absence I can see is that Pixar is attempting to avoid any and all spoilers. By not placing any extra emphasis on Bonnie’s toys, a new viewer will not realize that [spoil]Woody and the gang end up with her[/spoil].

If Bonnie’s toys are on the DVD, they’re probably in the back. I’d guess on a screengrab or the actual back of it!

I can’t wait til it comes out! I’m not diggin’ the cover too much either, but as long as it’s got awesome special features, that’s all that matters!

For the past three years, my family has gotten Pixar movies for Christmas! November release dates are perfect. I can’t wait to add Toy Story 3 to my collection!

Yep, that’s exactly why Pixar started releasing their films in the summer. To take advantage of the holiday season. :smiley:

Smart move by Pixar.

Honestly, I doubt that is the actual cover. Or at least I hope it isn’t :open_mouth:

Seriously, though. Pixar covers are usually much better than that. I think that one was fan made.

Yuck, that cover is really UGLY.

WTH, the first and second movie’s dvd coverss are baby blue and red respectively, have it light green or something???

Actually, hasn’t Pixar made a unique cover for ALL of there recent movies? I don’t think a little edit would cut it. If anything, it might be an early mock-up. Then again, are the pictures of the toys used in the cover art seen anywhere else? That’s the only way I can think of to tell if it’s Pixar.

Those covers were/are an eyesore. all they did was grab some clip art and pasted them on bland backgrounds. to copy that again would be an insult to TS3. I still wish they would have done something decent for the last two. Something that didn’t look like they whipped up in 5 mins.

I really like the front cover so I’m hoping it will stay like that.

TS3 is available for pre-order at Disney Store.com. It has two different covers, like Up.

Sweet. I’m not crazy about the Bluray cover, but it’s miles ahead of the other one at least.

Also, special features:

DVD
• Teaser (HD) Cars 2 early sneak peak
• Day And Night theatrical short
• Bonus: The Gang’s All Here, Toys! Epilogue
• Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science Of Adventure (conj with NASA)
• Paths To Pixar: Editorial
• Studio Stories: Where’s Gordon, Cereal Bar, Clean Start
• A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land
• Alex Syntek

BD (same as above, plus)
• Cine-explore by director Lee Unkrich and producer Darla Anderson
• Beyond The Toybox - Commentary track
• Beginnings with Michael Arndt
• Bonnie’s Playtime - A story roundtable
• Roundin’ Up A Western Opening
• Goodbye Andy
• The Accidental Toymakers Of Pixar
• Life Of A Short
• Making of Day And Night
• Ken’s dating tips, Lotso commercials
• “Dancing With The Stars” at Pixar
• Trailers and more
• Game: Toy Story Trivia Dash
• Alex Syntek music video

Sounds like a pretty good batch of stuff. I hope the “Beyond the Toybox” commentary is an animator’s commentary.

The features for the dvd look awesome! :smiley:

Nice. I’m definitely getting the Blu-ray version- thank you little brothers for getting that PS3. :smiley:

Does anyone know if the DVD release will be a 2-disc edition?

Will they make a boxed set, like they did with The Little Mermaid(which didn’t need one…)?

I think I’l get the DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital copy combie pack because I can use the high quality Blu Ray on my PS3, Me and my family can watch the DVD together in the living room and I can use the digital copy to watch it on the go.

The Blu Ray cover is way better than the DVD one. Toy Story 3 might be the first Pixar movie I buy as a Blu Ray. Due to the better cover and awesome bonus features!